Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 08:32 AM   #2229
Resident Glue Sniffer

one other thing....My $.02.

anyone going to a dealership absolutely needs know what they're talking about in terms of make/model market value and trade value BEFORE even thinking about 'talking numbers'. This is true anywhere, but ESPECIALLY true at motorcycle dealerships. and DOUBLE ESPECIALLY at Rawhide lol.

on one hand, you don't want to go in there and offer $14k for a $20k bike because you'll look like a fool and they'll know you either don't know what you're talking about, and on the other they'll probably be like 'screw this guy...we're not coming off the price". I had a friend of mine who had $10k in cash money and said "I'm going to offier them $10k on a $17k street glide". I laughed and said "there's absolutely no way they're going to do that". he said "why not? I've got CASH". lol. BFD dude. yeah, maybe that would work on a bike they have for $12k....but they're not going to eat $7k just because you have cash. and I was right.

once they realize you're straight up, legit interested, and know you know what the market is on the bike/trade etc, they're more likely to just say "ok, let's just do it, make a few hundred, and move on to another person who might not know what they're talking about and make a few grand".

The other thing I didn't like about Rawhide was they had like a $450 'reconditioning' fee on used bikes, and a something like a $400 'title/paperwork processing" fee. Maybe not those exact numbers, but total, it was about $800. Not sure if this is the case at every dealer in the area or not. But they absolutely wouldn't take those off. So, right off the top, they're making $800. and I'm sure the 'recondition'ing' is an oil change and someone wiping down the bike. My bike was filthy even after the 'reconditioning'. So, $800 right off the bat.....and if you end up paying $2k above market etc / get taken courtesty of the four square game....they're making money hand over fist on selling bikes and I don't feel bad about going up there for free beers on bike nights lol.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.