Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 07:40 AM   #2227
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
I was about to buy one but when I went and talked to them about it they would not negotiate at all..they wouldn't even come down $500..they guy I started talking to was a complete dick and I just got up and told momma let's go..he said to me are you really going to let $500 to $1000 keep you from a new bike..I looked at him and said yep.. got to the truck and someone ran out said hold on let's talk..they were nicer but still wouldn't come off their price so I just left figured I would ride the Road King one more year
Mind if I ask what dealership was this?

I had a similar experience at Rawhide Harley in Olathe. I found the bike I wanted in June/July 2013. I had already gone through the process and knew everything I wanted to add on to it. Topeka HD ran up the quote on it. I wanted to see if any of the KC dealerships could make me a better deal.

While sitting at the table trying to negotiate with the sales man, they kept telling me oh you don't need this and that. They didn't seem willing to give me what I wanted for a good price. They weren't willing to come down much at all. When he went to talk to his manager I stepped outside and called the salesman at Topeka HD. I told him I where I was and asked if he would be willing to make me a better deal. Topeka HD was willing to take off $1000 and also give me a $250 gift card. Sold! I just walked outside to get on my bike a ride back to Topeka. Pretty soon a guy came running after me and asked why I was leaving. I just said that they weren't able to deal so I was leaving. He did the same thing, tried to talk me into coming back inside saying oh we can work with the numbers, blah blah. I left anyway.

This was late on a Friday afternoon. The manager of my wife's work employee credit, bless her heart, took the check down to Topeka HD so that I would be able to get the bike that day and have it for the weekend. Talk about service. We sent her flowers the next week. What a nice lady.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.