Thread: Movies and TV Better Call Saul
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 09:28 AM   #1327
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah, Gus looks 20 years older in a show that was supposed to take place 10 years prior. But what do you do; age is a bitch.

Yeah, this has always been set in the early 2000s. I don't remember exactly what it was but you could piece that together in the first season based on a couple of little snippets (I think there was something that showed his driver's license and DOB then later he provided his age).

Last night's episode was a little too meandery. They made some clear character development steps but it sure seemed like a strained road getting there.

And frankly, I still think he made the name a little jewish sounding on purpose. Even his character was made to look a little like the stereotypical hollywood jewish guy on the TV spot.
He does do it on purpose, I couldn't remember the exact quote so I looked it up. In the "Better Call Saul" episode of BB (season 2 ep 9) he says:

Faith and begorrah! A fellow potato eater! My real name's McGill. The Jew thing I just do for the homeboys. They all want a pipe-hitting member of the tribe, so to speak...
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.