Thread: Movies and TV American Gods (STARZ)
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 01:30 PM   #7
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
STARZ is kind of championing the dick showing as kind of a gender equality thing.

Usually that kind of pandering annoys me, but w/ever. Fuller and Green are reading it as Salim was a repressed gay man, whereas I felt that the scene in the book was beyond a gay/straight dichotomy because the djinn is.. well, a djinn.

Overall, I liked the episode. It's strongest with McShane being on screen (duh) and Shadow is likeable if still a bit bland. Pablo being cast as Mad Sweeney is ****ing amazing too and we need more of him.

Spoiler!
I can put up with some back alley zipper fights in a series especially if it's balanced out by hot girl action (I'm looking at you Trueblood) but that was too much. Fast-forward FTW. I read an interview with the gay producer, Bryan Fuller, that made it pretty clear there will be more gay pandering where that came from.

Anyway though, fully agree with McShane nailing it. Not so much because hes perfect for the part, he plays the exact same guy in every show he's in, but because the part is so perfect for him.
Not very far behind him is Mad Sweeney. Dude is full on.
Shadow is a distant third up to this point.

Spoiler!

Last edited by vailpass; 05-15-2017 at 01:36 PM..
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.