View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 11:45 AM   #644
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
I'm not going to quote you, Detox, but you hit the nail on the head in so many ways.

I 'fell in love' with his tape before I ever knew that he had this crazy arm that produces 60+ mph passes. That never even registered in my mind at first.

I just loved what I was watching. The ability to evade rushers, keep his eyes up field, throw accurately on the run and throw from any and all platforms. I just felt like I was watching the closest thing to Aaron Rodgers at the college level.

And given the fact that he needs some molding to reach his ceiling and the fact that we can provide him all of these luxuries, it made all the sense in the world and then some to draft him.
A lot of Tech people were nervous when he declared for the Draft, hoping he didn't end up in a "play immediately" situation like the Browns or other bad organizations. He definitely is not ready for that kind of scenario.

Mahomes got very fortunate to end up with the Chiefs. He now has time to work on the flaws in his game while learning how to succeed against much much much better defenses than anything he has ever seen.

On another note, Tech's other QB in the draft Davis Webb ended up in a good situation too. Both of the Tech guys will get a chance to learn behind good veteran QB's. Webb is not as talented as Pat, but he has the size and arm to succeed at the NFL level (59 mph at the Combine, only 1 mph behind Pat).

Meanwhile, karma has struck against DeShone Kizer. Arrogant SOB compared himself to Brady and claimed he makes better throws than anyone in the Draft while completing 58% of his passes. GTFO. He struggled to complete even the simplest passes at the Combine. Cleveland Browns scenario is exactly what Kizer deserved.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.