Thread: RIP Saccopoo
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 11:30 PM   #257
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
Sad to hear. We all are vulnerable short timers on the third rock in the solar system in the Milky Way galaxy among 200 billion other galaxies. Peace to everyone and RIP Saccopoo.
Poignant post.

My Grandma died in June. Mom and my aunt are going through her shit. Anyway, they found a Scott County Plat map from 1910. Makes sense. She was on the historical society forever and helped write a history book.

Anyway, dad thought, "hey man, this is cool. Let's look through here and see if we know any names. We knew very few. We've looked at current plat maps so we have a good idea of who owns land around us. We couldn't find shit for any land that we knew about. Sure, we knew the story on some land my grandpa owns, but not much else.

So that leads me to some pretty serious reflection. I'm working my ass off to make a business work out here and own some ground. Now, I understand that 107 years ago is a long time ago, but damn, it isn't THAT long ago. I also know that the dynamics of land ownership in the area and the ag industry are remarkably different, but holy shit! That's 2 and a half 3 generations - maybe. Dad has a decent land base and I'm working hard to make it work for him and keep it together. Based on that timeframe, the whole thing is going to be ****all by the time my grandkids are done.

I know, different situations, some of it has stayed together, industry dynamics, blah blah blah. That's...heavy. Talk about your work feeling insignificant. I mean, I'm not going to quit. That's not in my nature, but I have been trying to spend more time with my family, and this all reinforces that sentiment. Lots of heavy shit to think about today.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.