Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 08:53 PM   #2199
Veteran

I took the Multistrada out for a spin today. Had a nice little ride out to Alma, KS and back. There are a few fun twisty roads out there. Good ride.. and holy crap is this a fun bike!

The ride did not start off well, however. I backed the bike out of the garage to put on my side bags and I *thought* I had the kickstand down. I didn't! I had already leaned the bike over too far to recover and ended up going down with the ship. Luckily, I was not hurt, but the left hand guard was fatally injured. I'm really glad this happened before I had mounted my hard cases, or that would have cost several hundred dollars more!

I got out a bottle of superglue and a hot glue gun and did some patchwork so that I could ride until the replacement part arrives. It's ugly, but it's not going anywhere at least! It held together for the trip admirably.

The temperature started to drop out west of Topeka a bit, so I pulled over to throw on some textile pants. I made sure the kickstand was all the way down this time and hopped off the bike. I noticed the bike quickly leaning over towards me.. NOT AGAIN!!! I got under that thing quick and noticed that what I thought was stable pavement was actually some fine gravel with tar on it. Sheesh.. twice in one day would not have been good.
stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.