View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 11:55 AM   #726
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnorix View Post
One stat I liked when I was younger was that back in the day, Sears accounted for 1% of the US GDP. For every $100 spent in the US economy, $1 of that was spent at Sears. That is how big they were.

A few years ago, though, Wal-Mart was 2% of the economy, so I guess it's not quite as amazing as I thought.
Wow. That is incredible.

Yeah Wal-Mart is the devil, but look at the per capita retail stores. There used to be corner stores everywhere. I don't know the numbers, but I'd bet Sears had a larger percentage of all retail sales than did Wal-Mart, but I may be wrong.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.