Thread: Home and Auto Handy-Man Corner
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 02:58 PM   #958
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

So interesting note; if you look at the second picture in my quoted post above you can see in the back left the single-stage dust collector I had. Well I took it apart and re-engineered it a bit. I added a Wyn Environmental nano filter (amazing airflow) and a dust deputy to create a 2-stage filter. Then I mounted it to the wall to save space and ran ductwork that I can splice into and drop lines wherever I need. The end result:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Works like a dream. I can put sawdust on my zero clearance insert for the saw and it just sucks it right off the top. 95% of it falls into the receptacle below with the cyclone pulling the real small stuff up into the cartridge. By making it 2-stage, most of the dust stays out of the cartridge so my airflow and static pressure stay at/near peak.

By the time I get the shop where I want it I'll probably be burnt out on building shit anymore....
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.