Thread: Home and Auto Handy-Man Corner
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 03:11 PM   #950
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard View Post
I want to use composite decking, and a calculator I found said 2x10 joists would be needed for the 14' span. I wanted to try to make sure my ducks were in a row before I talk to a lumberyard to push things further, which it sounded like would be the place to start, so that I can take what I get there to the HOA for approval, and from there to get the permit.
I dunno if it would help you, but theres products you can get that would allow you do to most of the work UNDER the deck, and with the added benefit of longer lasting decking because youre not punching a bunch of holes through the decking.
More rigidity as well...might add a little to the cost /labor but maybe somethign to look into

see here:

(its a lot more work probably but you could do some from under...i guess its probably not worth it unless its a really high end wood maybe)

Last edited by Ming the Merciless; 10-11-2016 at 03:19 PM..
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.