Thread: Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread*
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 02:20 PM   #2367
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzoner View Post
If you like dark comedy make sure to put Arsenic and Old Lace on your to watch list.
I see that on TCM sometimes, so I'll have to give it a go at some point.

Going back to Cuckoo's Nest, one cool thing about it is I grew up in the area it was filmed (Salem, OR). I've driven by that old hospital many, many times (it's been since torn down, though). Also, the fishing scene was filmed mostly around Depoe Bay (you can see the big bridge that crosses the bay when the boat returns), one of my favorite places on the Oregon Coast.

eta: When the inmates were on the bus heading to the coast, they showed a bunch of shots around Salem, including the duck crossing sign and the Duck Inn. That was also cool to see and brought back memories. The only problem is that the duck crossing sign and Duck Inn are/were on State St. and you wouldn't go that way to the coast from the state hospital.

Last edited by Frosty; 08-09-2016 at 02:34 PM..
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.