Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 07:40 AM   #307
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post
IMO, you won't find a new AR for 300.00. I got a DPMS Oracle for 550.00 at Cabelas a few months back. Good starter AR from what I'm told and I'm happy with it. But I've never seen one in .223 or .556 for 300. I've seen the .22 LR for that cheap though.

Also, hunting deer with it is not optimal, as I've found out. It's too light of a round. There are companies that make white tail ammo in .223, but most people I know say it's really not a good deer round. Which sucks, because I also bought it to hunt deer with as well, but I'll probably just stay with my trusty old .30.30...
Thats what I was afraid of. I don't hunt much anymore, usually to help stock a disabled friends freezer. Almost all the shots are 50 yrds or less though..
The 250 / 300 budget is just initially. Thats why I was considering buying the parts over time and building one.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.