Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 07:24 AM   #306
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
I could use some info from some of you guys. I've been thinking about getting myself a very basic AR. Something I can upgrade over time. I've had different guns over the years , shotguns, rifles, a few pistols, I've never really "got in to" guns. I want something I can use for deer hunting, target practice, and home defense.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to buy parts as I go and build it myself considering my initial budget is only about $250 - $300. Where should I start ?
IMO, you won't find a new AR for 300.00. I got a DPMS Oracle for 550.00 at Cabelas a few months back. Good starter AR from what I'm told and I'm happy with it. But I've never seen one in .223 or .556 for 300. I've seen the .22 LR for that cheap though.

Also, hunting deer with it is not optimal, as I've found out. It's too light of a round. There are companies that make white tail ammo in .223, but most people I know say it's really not a good deer round. Which sucks, because I also bought it to hunt deer with as well, but I'll probably just stay with my trusty old .30.30...
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.