View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 08:46 AM   #2502
MVP

I posted this in the Memorial Day thread but I'm posting here also because it was so badass.

Ok, I went all in this weekend. I've always wanted to make Pastrami at home. I followed these guys recipe, which is a pretty damn close approximation of Katz deli Pastrami, often considered the best there is. Here's the link: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/..._pastrami.html

Now, it is very time consuming, but much of the time is in the smoker, or in the refrigerator, so it's not as bad as it sounds. Just in case it didn't turn out, and since I'd have the smoker rolling, I thought I'd do a full packer cut of brisket also. I've gotta say, the pastrami might be the best thing I've ever made. It melts in your mouth, has amazing flavor, and is, well....perfect. The brisket turned out great as well, and as you can see from the pics below, the point was sick juicy, and I chopped it into burnt ends. It's the second and third pic. Pastrami is the last two. Y'all gotta try this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0245.JPG
Views:	409
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	112279   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0247.JPG
Views:	418
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	112280   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0248.JPG
Views:	419
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	112281   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0249.JPG
Views:	412
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	112282   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0250.JPG
Views:	424
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	112283  

tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.