View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 09:30 AM   #745
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
It's the chuck side of the ribeye. Very similar in taste, texture, etc. some here will say it's indistinguishable from ribeye, and those people don't know steak. But for generally half the cost, it is a DAMN FINE substitute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Poor man's ribeye. Hard to find and sometimes I have to ask the butcher. They would tell me when they were getting it in and could save me some. I asked enough at Safeway they they have started carrying it regularly with the other steaks! Usually can get it for $5-6/lb. Nothing like a ribeye but close enough for me to save a few extra bucks and not have it be too terribly different. Would highly recommend.
How do you cook them and what is the tenderness level?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.