View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 08:48 AM   #550
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Made my wife's family's "easy, quick" staple: White corn chili.

Very easy: Per pound of ground beef, add 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can beans, 1 can white corn (drained; I prefer frozen); 1 jar your favorite salsa. Brown and drain the beef, drain the beans if want, bring everything to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Tasty stuff.

Made this last night. Pretty good stuff. My dad was crazy about it. This was the salsa i used:

I followed the recipe to the letter and then split it in half so that i could experiment a little. I added a bit of cumin and chili powder to the second half; it was a bit more flavorful, but I think I used a bit too much cumin and chili because it overpowered the chipotle flavor of the salsa. I think I screwed up by doing my taste tests before I let it cool down enough.

Thanks for the recipe!
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.