View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 07:11 AM   #378
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I wish I had free time

Looks amazing man. So tell me what a pork belly tastes like? What is the texture? I am having a hard time imagining it.
That was a "few" minutes.

Well, it's basically uncured bacon, so it's pretty fatty. But it's that tender, super rich fat (I've heard it called "royal" fat, IIRC, but I can't seem to find that now). It's "porky," not bacony, though. It's melt-in-your mouth.

Finished under the broiler, it has a bit of a crispness to the exterior, but not a crunch like bacon. Some people prepare it with the skin on and fry it skin-side down to add some big-time crispness from the cracklin, but I don't like the skin (sometimes it just becomes tough and leathery, and I don't like dealing with it).
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.