View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 02:51 PM   #833
Veteran

Thanks, guys! I am focusing on something good coming up, that being my birthday dinner. I make it myself. I do that because no one else can make what I want. If I just wanted some burgers and brats, I'd let someone else take care of it. I am going to make a big Danish dinner and have a few friends over. Since I have my next treatment on Tuesday, I will prepare the red cabbage on Monday to be safe. How does one make red cabbage aside from chopping it up? I make a cranberry sauce out of boiled cranberries mixed with butter, vinegar, sugar, and salt and put the chopped cabbage in that and cook it until it turns a rich purple and then when it cools, it goes into jars.

Friday morning, I will start with the rest: Danish meatballs called frikadeller (ground pork, salt, pepper, onion, milk, flour, and an egg), mashed potatoes with Danish persillesavs, which is a white gravy with chopped parsley, mixed salad with some bell peppers from my garden, heat up some red cabbage, and for dessert, Apples Charlotte, a Danish apple-crumb cake. I sautee bread crumbs in sugar, butter, and cinnamon. It goes into the serving dish first, followed by apple sauce with bits of Braeburn apple added, then with a layer of whipped cream that I will actually whip myself, then crumbs, apple sauce, and whipped cream again, and finally topped off with shaved chocolate. It is supposed to have a splash or two of dry sherry, but since I have to avoid the alcohol, no one gets any!

My birthday is not on Friday, but Monday the 12th. I won't have the dinner on Sunday because the Walking Dead season premiere is at 8, and I don't want to be away from the TV then. Saturday was not good for one of my guests, so Friday it is.
Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.