View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 02:43 PM   #913
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Someone who (ostensibly) knows more about cars and is an engineer (not automotive, however) said it would be worthwhile to get based on fuel economy and how TDIs hold a little bit value after putting miles on it.

I'm not mad at that guy; I'm ****ing furious at myself because if I'm going to have everpresent issues with a car I could have bought a beater of a vehicle and had enough money to not worry about gasoline prices for a few years.
Wait for Jason and his response. He knows way more about cars than me but from what I know about reliability, VW and especially the Jetta are pretty far down the list. And I've known quite a few Jetta owners and they are all fixing them more than any car we've had.

I'd have saved some of that money into savings and gotten a nice used ride with good MPG instead. Plenty of reliable options out there that are still fun to drive but meet reliability/fuel economy. You really don't need to be driving brand new cars these days unless you like paying for that luxury and have the economic means to do so.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.