View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 02:26 AM   #324
ON CP YOU’RE SOMEBODY’S BITCH!

Btw, fun little random fact. When my youngest brother was a 3rd grader, he wrestled this stud from Fort Dodge in the semis at AAU state in the 3rd and 4th grade division. A couple matches later in that same round, on that same mat....one of the most highly anticipated match ups in recent AAU memory took place. It was the semis match between Cory Clark and Thomas Gilman as 8th graders. These two butted heads a few times in youth. Gilman won...stalled his butt off. For those of you who don't know, the significance of this match was that these two are Iowa's current 125 (Gilman) and 133 (Clark) tandem. They fought all year last year for the 125 spot, which ultimately went to Clark.

Thought that was a fun fact because Gilman wrestled HS in Nebraska. Many people don't realize that he was an Iowa boy from Council Bluffs who went to a Catholic school/wrestling powerhouse (Omaha Skutt) in high school. He was expected by most to wrestle for Council Bluffs Lewis Central...which is 3A just like the school Clark went to (Southeast Polk). Lewis Central was a powerhouse in my day...kicked out studs like the Paulson twins (ISU), Brandon Mason (OK State), BLake Anderson (Iowa), David Kjeldgaard (Okie State), etc. Clark won 4 titles in Iowa...I THINK Gilman did the same in Nebraska. Wonder how things would have gone if Gilman stayed in Iowa... Crazy to think about.
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.