View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 08:45 PM   #290
ON CP YOU’RE SOMEBODY’S BITCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss View Post
This just isn't true. Look at the AAs and you won't find a full heavy. Many of the top 285s wrestled 220 in HS... guys like Coon, Medberry, Walz, Marsden, Gwiz, etc. Telford is probably the biggest and he is maybe 270. Lawson is maybe 260 and McMullan may weigh as little as 235. Tony Nelson is another guy who won a couple of national titles who wrestled well under the limit.

Cox has wrestled a little 285 this year and he would easily be a top 3 guy at that weight. If his normal weight is 215 right now, he could easily be 240-245 by next season. Look at how Blaize Cabell has used his athleticism to thrive at Heavyweight despite his size. He was a marginal wrestler at 184 and now he is a top 15 guy.

Do you think Cox would be as competitive at HWT as he would 197? That was my main thing...I just am skeptical that he would be as competitive at HWT as he is at 197, but you know J'Den better than I do...so I'd feel silly arguing with you about it. Do you think they should add a 220 lb class?

Cabell is a good example...man was he ever a beast in HS...both in terms of physical appearance and being a total beast of a wrestler.
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.