View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 08:25 PM   #286
ON CP YOU’RE SOMEBODY’S BITCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
rico,

What are the chances that Cox would have success at HWT next year? How much weight would he need to put on? Should he just try to stay at 197?
I had a parent of a big 197 recruit who is considering MU, but hasn't signed anywhere yet, ask me the same thing about Cox a couple days ago. My answer to him was that he would have to gain more than he is probably capable of in order to be nearly as competitive as he is at 197. The thing about these HWT's is that the maximum weight is 285 lbs...and the majority of your dominant heavyweights cut some weight to get down to 285. So basically, there is a jump in weight in the heaviest 2 weights from 197 to 285...which I've always thought was pretty silly. I've always thought there should be a 220-230 lb range weight. Heck, in HS it goes 182, 195, 220, 285... And Cox is a very big 197...probably has to cut a pretty decent amount of weight himself...I think he won it at 220 his Senior season. He's probably in kind of a crappy "tweener" situation with his weight.
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.