View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 08:02 AM   #489
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
One theory about Lazar is that he was set up, and has himself been an unwitting disinformation agent the entire time. Let him in, show him something, maybe to test his reliability with secrets, maybe to draw out other intelligence assets working around the periphery, maybe to set up a screen story to hide whatever real work is going on not just at area 51 but elsewhere, maybe to set up area 51 as a screen for other locations, to draw eyes away.

You can drive yourself crazy coming up with possible scenarios. It's kind of hard to ascertain what the reality really is.

FWIW I have never thought Lazar lied about anything. But I also think the scenarios I just outlined are completely feasible. Our intelligence community is capable of a lot.

As far as demonic influence and greer goes, as I've mentioned before I have very little interest in that aspect of esoterica. I was not, however, saying he shoots off flares. Only that he should and I assume would recognize flares for what they are. I'd have to dig to find the video in question, although it's fairly recent. And obvious.

I'm a believer, too. A believer in the phenomena. Just not a believer in any particular explanation for it or them. As I've said before, we don't know enough, not yet. Which makes me a skeptic, I suppose, in the true, untainted meaning of the word.

Although I do tend to lean more toward logical explanations than metaphysical ones. Which doesn't mean that metaphysical ideas may not eventually bear some fruit.

And I think it's important to question EVERYTHING. Not to debunk everything. But I think it's key to look for conventional explanations first, rather than simply believe anything and everything. To rule out the everyday first, before looking for the fantastic, if that makes any sense. Something I think the entire field of the paranormal struggles with at times.
If you haven't yet you need to read Keel's "Mothman Prophecies" book.

He's pretty much the king of your take on the phenomenon...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.