View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 07:50 PM   #281
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
I'm not saying it won't go that way. I'm saying it doesn't have to go that way.

As far as being more personable and less connected, I don't disagree. I'm about as disconnected as someone can be. I literally do not have a single friend who isn't virtual. But I never had friends before this technical evolution either, so I'm actually in contact with more people people now than I was before the internet, albeit in a very different yet still very real way.

In other words, what we're seeing may not be the end of connection, but the beginning of a different kind of connection.

But it's admittedly human nature to fear change....

And yes, technology in the dark sector is decades beyond what we have. I would imagine it's decades beyond anything in your articles.
Sentence one... I simply disagree, its impossible for me to see how becoming more machine-like could help us as a species feel and empathize with another living being.

It can only break that human connection, IMO.

You dont have any friends outside the internet? thats hard to believe, I mean... I consider you a frie, wait... what?

I genuinely believe that the "scared of change" label can only go so far, at some point it will become a "you're right to fear change" truth... being connected to 24/7 to some world wide network is hardly my idea of humanity.

Nanobots in my heart cleaning out all of the Big Macs I ate? hell yeah... a chip in my head letting me see your facebook profile in my brain just by thinking about it?

Categorically inhuman and scary, it may sound sillly but its straight up Borg territory.

As for the "skunkworks" side of our defense budget... oh yeah, you're not blind, they're waaay ahead of what most people would even guess at.
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.