Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 04:02 PM   #1546
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
hi Dayze - how do you feel about BMW bikes?
excellent manufacturer. Rock solid motor. granted, the only riding I have done on them is when buddy of mine swapped with me for about 70 miles on some curvy roads down in Jasonsauto's neck of the woods in Clinton MO-ish. I had a CBR600RR and he had a RT1200 I believe (it was a twin, and I think the 1600 class in a inline 4 o 6). That thing was a blast to ride. flicked over effortlessly. had all the gadgets that I suspect would make a longer road trip or touring that much more enjoyable. Plenty of power. Sounded awesome. the 1600 size motor would probably provide more power than you'd ever need for 2 up.

only challenge/thing to consider is your proximity to the nearest BMW dealership. Parts can be expensive, and so can labor (much like Ducati, Aprillia etc) if you have any shop work done. But shit, honestly, any more.....all shop labor is crazy expensive. so, I would't let that deter me. Initial cost can be more expensive than your metric/Japanese bikes; but they hold their value pretty well I think (seat of my pants opinion). Japanese bikes drop like a rock in value. So even though you might pay more for a HD, Duc, BMW etc, they don't lose their value as quickly. Used market can be tight, simply because there aren't as many. But, a good feeling knowing you would be buying from a guy that could afford to have bought it in the first place and most likely takes care of his shit.

I'd own a BMW in a heartbeat. *and I'm a HD guy lol*

you thinking of picking one up?
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.