Thread: Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread*
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 03:43 PM   #816
Go Beavers!

Still cleaning off the DVR from recent free preview weekends:

The Purge - meh. I liked the premise (though it's a total ripoff from an old Star Trek episode) but it seemed to be missing something. I agree with this review: " it clearly has a lot on its mind, but it never really manages to express it."

The Worlds' End - had its funny moments. I wanted to like this a lot more than I did, though. I think it was worth seeing but I doubt I would ever watch it again.

Red 2 - enjoyable popcorn flick that falls short of the first

Charly - "Flowers for Algernon" was the first book that I remember reading that really affected me. I have avoided this movie adaptation because it seemed that it would be difficult to translate the book to film and I didn't want to be disappointed. Cliff Robertson does a great job of portraying a mentally handicapped Charly without making him cartoonish. I felt the film kind of drifted off track once the love story starts and it ends pretty abruptly, but it is still a pretty good movie. It doesn't have anywhere close to the same impact as the the book did, though.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.