Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 09:22 AM   #906
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystoke View Post
Interesting. I didn't know. My buddy had a Multistrada, granted 2006, and he was always spending big bucks on Maintenance intervals
oh don't get me wrong; Ducati labor at the shop is nuts.
More than HD I suspect.
THe 'myth' IMO, is Ducatis are some mystical engineering piece that only a select few can work on. I would submit that anyone with a decent elementary knowledge of how a motor works, can perform the valve checks/adjustments themselves if they have a good shop manual and take their time.

I knew a lot of sportbike riders that just swore up and down that Duc maintenance seemed like it was every 1k miles. Shit, 80% of those guys probably didn't put 5k on their bikes annually. I have a friend who is a Duc guy, and the first time we checked the valves, we just did it in the winter time so we weren't tempted to rush anything. after that first experience, the subsequent checks were gravy.

I alway tell people who are thinking of getting a Monster, Multi, or any 2v Duc, to not let the myth stand in their way. The sound, the torque etc, more than out-weigh any apprehension. Plus, who wouldn't want the satisfaction of knowing their bike inside and out; and knowing they can work on it.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.