Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 07:59 AM   #883
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
It was windy as HELL yesterday... we rode from about 11 yesterday until 7 last night... and I'm beat down... I've got to get a fairing if I'm gonna do the long distances... ya I realize that yesterday was odd with the wind... but damn.

Also, i'm not a little fella... so I've got a big ass head... and where a skid lid helmet... I dunno I just feel awkward with it... it sits so damned high on my dome. Anyone else suffer from a similar disorder? Big-dome-syndrome?
Yeah, wind was killer yesterday, mainly when riding east - west. Rode up to visit my step mom about an hour north. Wind wasn't so bad while going north but it killed the 8 mile ride to the east. And then we took the scenic route back so more east-west, west-east riding. Stopped at a gas station in Holton. Another couple came in off 116 highway shortly after us. Said they had been riding over 200 miles. Said something like "worst day riding ever and this takes all the fun out of it". I tend to agree to a certain extent. I still had SOME enjoyment. But I think in the future I'll try to avoid days that the wind is over 20 mph.

Oh, and yes, I have a large dome. Impossible to find a bicycle helmet that fits my head unless I special order it. I hate flex fit/or stretch fit ball caps because they are always too tight on my head. Motorcycle helmets I have bought don't seem to be that way, though. I wear a half helmet.

It's been discontinued at Leatherup.com but here is my helmet.
http://youtu.be/nCFnVi833ig
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.