ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports No more NBA games after tonight. (At least for a while) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329829)

FAX 03-11-2020 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14836710)
I'd like to introduce you to Italy.

I include Italy in the phrase, "countries outside the US", Mr. DaFace (Happy Birthday, BTW.)

FAX

POND_OF_RED 03-11-2020 11:08 PM

Have they shut down the league like this before? I remember a time in the 90’s when all those aliens stole the talent from the players and they shut down for a little while but this is just crazy! The players still have their talents, right?

ChiefBlueCFC 03-12-2020 09:29 AM

MLS (I know a lot of you don't give a **** about soccer) just suspended their season

Monticore 03-12-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 14836635)
Dude **** the flu and the flu vaccinne. I get the flu shot every year and I had the flu this year worse than I have had it in years. It's also one of the worse flu seasons we have had.

Influenza killed almost 62,000 people in 2018. This virus is no where close to that.

If we use your logic we might as well shut down everything every time someone get the ****ing flu.

if there was no vaccine for influenza they probably would use similar precautions, they quarantine wards in hospitals and old age homes all the time for it. there are plenty of viruses out there who can give you flu like symptoms , if you specifically got tested for influenza and had it then your shot lessened the severity of it, but it is not an option for corona at this time.

MahiMike 03-12-2020 03:05 PM

The problem here is that the hysteria is spreading faster than the virus itself. No one's allowed to err on the side of non-hysterical or they'll get trashed by the herd.

If this continues at its current pace, the entire country/economy will shut down. It's much the same when the housing bubble happened. They swung around so hard on not lending that the market took twice as long to recover.

I get that it's a bad ass virus, but what can really be done about it? Really? The more we worry about it, the worse we'll be off in the long run. Chances are, we're all going to get it eventually. And chances are, we won't even know we have it.

As far as testing goes, this is a farce too. Where would we get 330 million kits? And even if we had an antidote, how long will it take to produce enough? You can get tested today and get the virus tomorrow!

I say carry on as normal. I know many will disagree but that's my take. If we continue on like this, everyone of us will be unemployed. It's stupid.

PAChiefsGuy 03-12-2020 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 14837977)
The problem here is that the hysteria is spreading faster than the virus itself. No one's allowed to err on the side of non-hysterical or they'll get trashed by the herd.

If this continues at its current pace, the entire country/economy will shut down. It's much the same when the housing bubble happened. They swung around so hard on not lending that the market took twice as long to recover.

I get that it's a bad ass virus, but what can really be done about it? Really? The more we worry about it, the worse we'll be off in the long run. Chances are, we're all going to get it eventually. And chances are, we won't even know we have it.

As far as testing goes, this is a farce too. Where would we get 330 million kits? And even if we had an antidote, how long will it take to produce enough? You can get tested today and get the virus tomorrow!

I say carry on as normal. I know many will disagree but that's my take. If we continue on like this, everyone of us will be unemployed. It's stupid.

Carry on as normal so whole USA gets it? Yeah sounds like a great plan.

MahiMike 03-12-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14837994)
Carry on as normal so whole USA gets it? Yeah sounds like a great plan.

We're all getting it anyway dude. Better to get it while we're still employed.

DaFace 03-12-2020 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 14838012)
We're all getting it anyway dude. Better to get it while we're still employed.

You realize that if that happened, we'd be talking about deaths in the millions...

MahiMike 03-12-2020 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14838257)
You realize that if that happened, we'd be talking about deaths in the millions...

Don't think so. But if we panic so much that there's nothing left to come back to, what's the point?

Discuss Thrower 03-12-2020 05:40 PM

XFL cancels 2020 season.

And let's be real: the 2021 can't be far behind.

MVChiefFan 03-12-2020 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14838341)
XFL cancels 2020 season.

LMAO

Why Not? 03-12-2020 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14838341)
XFL cancels 2020 season.

Yeah that’ll probably do it for the XFL.