ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football FedEx asks Redskins to change name (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=332194)

|Zach| 02-02-2022 11:31 PM

There is no way to do this without most people shitting on it. All in all its a decent name and decent look. Navigating as best as possible.

Name aside it feels like it has been a very long time since they have had a good football team.

LongSufferingToady 02-02-2022 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 16127431)
They said they were coming full force on us now. Prepare to be the Kansas City Reapers!

Not going to happen.

LongSufferingToady 02-02-2022 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 16127824)
What will end up being their commonly used abbreviated name... similar to "Bucs" for "Buccaneers", "T-Wolves" for "Timberwolves", etc.?

'Manders?

Commies?

"CnC" or "Boss" sounds okay...

Ocotillo 02-03-2022 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 16128138)
There is no way to do this without most people shitting on it. All in all its a decent name and decent look. Navigating as best as possible.

Name aside it feels like it has been a very long time since they have had a good football team.

I will give you name but definitely don't like the look. No yellow pants, a trademark of the franchise. Black uniforms when black isn't one of their colors, yuck. The only one I like is the white uni.

TripleThreat 02-03-2022 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 16127592)
Heck yeah....

When they score a TD, they could have played....

"..Cause I'm easy......easy like Sunday Morning....."

Wouldn’t it be the other way around though, and they play the song when they get scored on?

SuperBowl4 02-03-2022 07:19 AM

I was hoping it would be The Washington Insurrectionists.

redfan 02-03-2022 08:56 AM

Shit name; unimaginative, generic.
I think I'll continue to refer to them as the Washington Team of Footballers, or the WTFs for short.

GloryDayz 02-03-2022 09:43 AM

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.499b2966...pid=ImgRaw&r=0

stevieray 02-03-2022 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocotillo (Post 16128164)
I will give you name but definitely don't like the look. No yellow pants, a trademark of the franchise. Black uniforms when black isn't one of their colors, yuck. The only one I like is the white uni.

Red and Yellow and Commies for short?

LMAO

DaFace 02-03-2022 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 16128138)

I'm a bit concerned about how easily the name "Commies" fits. I think I would have avoided it just for that.

But aside from that, whatever. It's fine.

ghak99 02-03-2022 11:23 AM

A team in DC choosing Commanders was sure to be good for a few laughs, but if the fanatics get to running with the Commie connections things might get even more entertaining. They obviously did Nazi that coming.

They'll probably go right back to being irrelevant soon. If it wasn't for a former Chiefs QB going there, the only thing I'd remember the Redskins for is their absolute shit field taking out the player a bunch of CP goons drooled over and wanted deep in their drafting loins.

Rain Man 02-03-2022 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 16128544)
I'm a bit concerned about how easily the name "Commies" fits. I think I would have avoided it just for that.

But aside from that, whatever. It's fine.

The old school people will call them "The Reds". I'm almost starting to think this is an intentional plan.

AdolfOliverBush 02-03-2022 01:09 PM

I can't believe they passed on Washington Wombwreckers. Idiots.

Strongside 02-03-2022 01:13 PM

To be clear, I want the name to remain – and I carry a CDIB Card and have Tribal membership. It's not offensive to me in the slightest. I think we continue to remove all reference to NA cultures in our society and we'll eventually be a completely forgotten entity altogether. That's already the case, but hey.

That said, a hilarious move for the Chiefs, were they to continue getting pressure on the name, would be to just scrap the arrowhead and make "Chiefs" mean something else entirely while keeping the name.

Maybe the arrowhead is replaced by an axe head similar to those used by firefighters. Would allow the team to essentially keep the brand, the history and the name without having to deal with the fuss.

gblowfish 02-03-2022 03:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 16128457)
Red and Yellow and Commies for short?

LMAO

PUT THE HAMMER (AND SICKLE) DOWN!!!