ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I am not a fan of Veach's "tier" approach. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338150)

The Franchise 05-02-2021 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15658668)
I think they view him more of a pass rushing lber/de.

I don’t like it but with those two the upside is so high in what they can be I guess it makes sense

Then take Jaelan Phillips and get an actual DE. That hybrid shit in the top 20 doesn’t make sense to me when it’s back to back years like that.

O.city 05-02-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15658666)
A LB at 58 when one of your weakest positions on defense is LB....is not a bad pick.

But you’ve got teams like the Cardinals who just took another LB or the Jags who took a 3rd down RB in the first round and all the talking heads are in love with those picks.

I think off ball linebackers have been devalued too much. I don’t like having to be in subpackage stuff so much because it makes you vulnerable. I like bulking the position up so I’m more ok with it than some.

O.city 05-02-2021 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15658670)
Then take Jaelan Phillips and get an actual DE. That hybrid shit in the top 20 doesn’t make sense to me when it’s back to back years like that.

Depends.

If you have a dc that can do it, versatility on defense is so huge. If it were Belicheck Or someone like that, I’d be more optimistic.

Collins is basically or hopefully a better reddick I think is their thoughts

O.city 05-02-2021 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15658669)
Bolton is worth the fact that when Hitchens gets tired or hurt....we won’t have to see Niemann come into the field at MLB.

I’m not a huge fan of taking guys that early to replace future contracts in that they don’t get as much experience but you just can’t bypass the value of the actual player

The Franchise 05-02-2021 09:58 AM

There just weren’t any DEs left at that point. Tends to happen when you have teams like the Colts and Bills taking two each with their first two picks.

And the Colts better be praying that Fisher is healthy by the start of Week 1 because they have no LT.

staylor26 05-02-2021 10:01 AM

While the PFF and AP idiots are overly concerned with positional value and trading draft picks away, the Chiefs have completely rebuilt their OL into a strength.

They said paying a G like Thuney was bad.

Trading away picks to pay Orlando Brown was bad.

Drafting a C at 63 was bad.

They ignore the overall picture and results in favor of their “rules”.

It’s ****ing dumb.

htismaqe 05-02-2021 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15658675)
I’m not a huge fan of taking guys that early to replace future contracts in that they don’t get as much experience but you just can’t bypass the value of the actual player

This.

You just got a guy that was projected to go in the 30’s at 58 and he will be responsible for almost $10M in cap savings next year when they can let Hitchens go. It’s absolutely worth it.

htismaqe 05-02-2021 10:03 AM

FYI, Daniel Jeremiah liked our draft.

O.city 05-02-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15658682)
There just weren’t any DEs left at that point. Tends to happen when you have teams like the Colts and Bills taking two each with their first two picks.

And the Colts better be praying that Fisher is healthy by the start of Week 1 because they have no LT.

They stuck to their board. I didn’t really read or watch anything about Kwity but I would imagine they didn’t feel he’d be there or thought pass rusher was a bigger issue than LT. Whoever plays LT for them will play next to Nelson so he’ll get help.

staylor26 05-02-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15658690)

Of course he did. He’s a football guy. Not an analytics guy.

The Franchise 05-02-2021 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15658690)

A lot of talking heads have. Our average score is a B.

O.city 05-02-2021 10:10 AM

When you’re a team like kc and you don’t really have a gaping hole and have a super talented roster, you take good football players that fall for dumb reasons

The ones that did for the chiefs may not be at high level positions you’d like but really you don’t get to make that decision unless you wanna trade up

staylor26 05-02-2021 10:16 AM

Daniel Jeremiah had Bolton 30th. He feels the Chiefs got a 1st round player (in this draft) at 58.

BuT PoSiTiOnAl VaLuE!!

Value IS value.

Dante84 05-02-2021 10:18 AM

I’ll say this. I love that Bolton hits like Greg Wesley and DJ, if nothing else.

It’s going to be nice to have a scary hitter again, after what seems like years of finesse players.

Buehler445 05-02-2021 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15658703)
Daniel Jeremiah had Bolton 30th. He feels the Chiefs got a 1st round player (in this draft) at 58.

BuT PoSiTiOnAl VaLuE!!

Value IS value.

Production per unit Salary Cap.

That is what we need to be concerned with.

The likelihood of Humphrey providing more production than a picked through selection for WR 2 is pretty high IMO.

I don't know a ton about Bolton, but if he can play, he's probably right up there. From the little I've seen there is some risk athletically, but I don't know much.