ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request Nzoner [and the Mrs] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338028)

DaFace 04-25-2021 03:51 PM

****. It sounds like he's doing OK at least. Happened to my dad a decade ago. He was down for a number of months recovering, but 10 years later and he's still kicking at age 70. Good vibes heading to one of the Planet's greats.

stevieray 04-25-2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15644274)
He's better than that. Can't think of anyone who's come close to doing as much for so many people here. All the times he's opened his home up for us, dealing not only with the crazed drunken hijinks but the aftermath none of us saw. He and his wife should be sainted. Just not anytime soon.

About ten years ago, he and I road tripped to Texarkana to spend a week with Dole.

And anyone who knows Joe KNOWS he is a connoisseur of music.

He premade about twenty CD's for the trip and we rocked out the whole way there. Laughed our asses off at the podunk Arkansas towns and names.

Spent the week with Dole partying and listening to live music. Drank moonshine backstage! LOL

One of my favorite vacations. Seems like yesterday.

I love him like a brother.

DaFace 04-25-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15644290)
Is this the fireworks dude?

Hoping he gets better soon.

I understand why you'd think of him for that (and, yes, that's him), but he's also the guy who hosted the CP bash for years. He's got as much to do with the culture of this place as anyone.

srvy 04-25-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 15644380)
Just got off the phone.

He is great spirits considering what he went through. They had to use the paddles twice and administer CPR (which cracked a rib). Said it feels like he got hit in the chest with a sledgehammer. I was blown away about how calm he is.

They put a stint in and will know more in a couple of days.

Thanks everyone..

Thanks for the update Stevieray.

Raiderhater 04-25-2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 15644391)
About ten years ago, he and I road tripped to Texarkana to spend a week with Dole.

And anyone who knows Joe KNOWS he is a connoisseur of music.

He premade about twenty CD's for the trip and we rocked out the whole way there. Laughed our asses off at the podunk Arkansas towns and names.

Spent the week with Dole partying and listening to live music. Drank moonshine backstage! LOL

One of my favorite vacations. Seems like yesterday.

I love him like a brother.

It was also draft weekend. And Blues Traveler was playing at a local music fest. I drove up from Tyler that weekend and saw very little of the first day of the draft due to being miserable on a couch in another room from a way bad hangover from the fest the night before (I account for a couple of those drunk hijinks Fraz mentioned).

He introduced us to the Kenny Wayne Shepard 10 Days Out album/DVD that weekend. A couple of those songs pop up in my play lists on a fairly regular basis.

threebag 04-25-2021 04:06 PM

Thoughts and Prayers

stevieray 04-25-2021 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 15644405)

He introduced us to the Kenny Wayne Shepard 10 Days Out album/DVD that weekend.

We wore that CD OUT. I still listen to it regularly.

Gatemouth? Hubie Sumlin?

bdj23 04-25-2021 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15644394)
I understand why you'd think of him for that (and, yes, that's him), but he's also the guy who hosted the CP bash for years. He's got as much to do with the culture of this place as anyone.

I tried to give him some business last summer but google maps took me on a wild goose chase thru KC and I never could find the place.

If I buy fireworks this year, I'll be sure to contact him and get the actual address from him.

Glad everything is alright, he seems like a good dude

Bugeater 04-25-2021 04:36 PM

I was on the road in BF Nebraska when I got the news, thanks for getting a thread up Stevie.

Bugeater 04-25-2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 15644417)
I tried to give him some business last summer but google maps took me on a wild goose chase thru KC and I never could find the place.

If I buy fireworks this year, I'll be sure to contact him and get the actual address from him.

Glad everything is alright, he seems like a good dude

Google actually has the name of a competitor at his address, it's a ****ed up deal.

Pablo 04-25-2021 04:41 PM

Joe is an awesome dude. Very glad to hear like he is coming out of this thing alright. And thanks for keeping us in the loop Stevie.

WilliamTheIrish 04-25-2021 04:49 PM

Quote:

Just got off the phone.

He is in great spirits considering what he went through. They had to use the paddles twice and administer CPR (which cracked a rib). Said it feels like he got hit in the chest with a sledgehammer. I was blown away about how calm he is.

Thanks everyone..

Holy shit. That's a close call and another reason all you folks should know and know how to do CPR.

Sounds a little like the ol' widow maker (left anterior descending) artery was occluded. Probably/possibly not, because that's a sneaky mofo. Sometimes no pain, just arrest.

Glad he didn't have to have his chest cracked.

Speedy recovery to Joe.

KS Smitty 04-25-2021 04:53 PM

Glad they got things figured out, sending prayers for a continued recovery.

Bugeater 04-25-2021 04:55 PM

Quote:

Just got off the phone.

He is in great spirits considering what he went through. They had to use the paddles twice and administer CPR (which cracked a rib). Said it feels like he got hit in the chest with a sledgehammer. I was blown away about how calm he is.

Thanks everyone..

Added this to the OP.

ThyKingdomCome15 04-25-2021 05:02 PM

Prayers he regains his health.