ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Deshaun Watson is not a top 10 QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=334613)

Buehler445 10-27-2020 08:47 AM

I've been saying for ****ing years Hopkins catches an awful lot of **** it chuck it balls Watson wings in his general direction.

Hopkins is really REALLY ****ing good at 50/50 balls.

BWillie 10-27-2020 08:51 AM

He's a good player but he has a ceiling. He has terrible arm strength, but he makes up for it by manipulating himself in the pocket or outside of the pocket to create a window to throw. He is a playmaker but can find himself making mistakes.

If you make me choose between him or Josh Allen, man I don't really know what I'd do.

Why Not? 10-27-2020 09:19 AM

A combination of bad coaching, no O line, and media overhype have combined to set him up to fail.

OKchiefs 10-27-2020 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15279320)
He's a good player but he has a ceiling. He has terrible arm strength, but he makes up for it by manipulating himself in the pocket or outside of the pocket to create a window to throw. He is a playmaker but can find himself making mistakes.

If you make me choose between him or Josh Allen, man I don't really know what I'd do.

Yep. Relatively speaking he's always had a noodle arm, so as he ages and slows down/loses arm strength I don't see him remaining competitive well into his 30s.

ThaVirus 10-27-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 15279297)
Even though they traded Hopkins his weapons aren't really that bad.

They're not horrible, but you just can't trade away a top 3 WR while you're trying to develop a QB.

Mama Hip Rockets 10-27-2020 10:48 AM

"He's better than Mahomes." - Deberg

htismaqe 10-27-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15279320)

He plays too tentative. He holds the ball too long. I happen to agree with the OP - he's not a top 10 QB. He's young and that's really the only thing desirable about him.

htismaqe 10-27-2020 10:52 AM

Trading Hopkins didn't screw Watson, it EXPOSED him.

Watson was used to throwing low probability passes and watching Hopkins' exceptional catch radius bail him out.

Watson isn't great and all BOB did was show people that.

BWillie 10-27-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15279593)
He plays too tentative. He holds the ball too long. I happen to agree with the OP - he's not a top 10 QB. He's young and that's really the only thing desirable about him.

He does, but you have to think part of that is coaching and not calling effective plays to help him out. Maybe not having a complete buffoon at coach will help. I hope Bieniemy goes there, because I like the kid (Watson). And I don't really see them as a real threat to Mahomes.

Deberg_1990 10-27-2020 11:03 AM

Who do we rank above Watson ?

Mahomes
Wilson
Rogers
Brees
L Jackson
Wentz
Stafford
Tannehill
Brady
Roethlisberg
Kyler Murray
Josh Allen

Not sure all these guys are above him? Hes a fringe top 10 guy.

htismaqe 10-27-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15279603)
He does, but you have to think part of that is coaching and not calling effective plays to help him out. Maybe not having a complete buffoon at coach will help. I hope Bieniemy goes there, because I like the kid (Watson). And I don't really see them as a real threat to Mahomes.

Watson's propensity to hold the ball too long has nothing to do with play calling. It's purely Watson's problem. Perhaps it could be coached out of him but it really shouldn't have to be if he's as good as everybody thinks he is.

dlphg9 10-27-2020 11:41 AM

This dude getting the Alex Smith treatment from CP. Blame everyone but the QB. Well his receivers suck, he needs more talent around him. Well he's got the talent, but that God damn coach isn't calling plays that play to his strengths. He has no time behind that Oline. Gotta ****ing get better talent to protect him. He's a good QB, but he's gonna be a Matt Stafford or Matt Ryan.

Flying High D 10-27-2020 12:34 PM

“Who ever drafts him gets Michael Jordan on the football field” Dabo Swinney

Which Michael Jordan was he talking about? The one that works for Goodwill doing custodial
Duties at the Department of the Treasury?

Megatron96 10-27-2020 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15279631)
Who do we rank about Watson?

Mahomes
Wilson
Rogers
Brees
L Jackson
Wentz
Stafford
Tannehill
Brady
Roethlisberg
Kyler Murray
Josh Allen

Josh Allen is not a better QB than Watson. No way, not right now at least, and I don't care what their stats read.

dlphg9 10-27-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15279631)
Who do we rank about Watson?

Mahomes
Wilson
Rogers
Brees
L Jackson
Wentz
Stafford
Tannehill
Brady
Roethlisberg
Kyler Murray
Josh Allen

I'd remove Wentz from that list, but I'd put more names on it. Guys I'd take for sure right now over

Mahomes
Wilson
Rogers
Brees
L Jackson
Stafford
Tannehill
Brady
Roethlisberg
Kyler Murray
Josh Allen
Jared Goff
Derek Carr

I would consider taking these guys over him

Burrow
Herbert

I know it's not a perfect way to judge a QBs performance, but looking at QBR Watson has been a roller coaster and peaked his rookie season with an 83.6 during 6 starts that year and hasn't come close to that number again.

2017 - 83.6
2018 - 60.7
2019 - 71.2
2020 - 71.1

His rookie year if he had continued that pace and become a qualifier he would have been far above everyone as the highest rated QB that year. Since then he has been ranked

'18 - 15th
'19 - 7th
'20 - 15th

I'm not saying that he has been terrible, but God damn eventually you gotta place a little blame on the player.