ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars: Episode IX (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316150)

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-21-2019 09:37 PM

I've reached a command decision, and the decision is this:

The prequels and the sequels simply don't exist. Not a one of them is worth acknowledging much less remembering, so I'm wiping them out.
They seriously could have taken the budgets of those six films and made a trilogy about what Darth Vader likes to do on his day off, and it would have blown this haphazard shit they're calling "canon" right to hell where it belongs.

Mother**** Walt Disney.

Luncian 10-21-2019 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14544336)
I've reached a command decision, and the decision is this:

The prequels and the sequels simply don't exist. Not a one of them is worth acknowledging much less remembering, so I'm wiping them out.
They seriously could have taken the budgets of those six films and made a trilogy about what Darth Vader likes to do on his day off, and it would have blown this haphazard shit they're calling "canon" right to hell where it belongs.

Mother**** Walt Disney.

All of this x eleventy-billion.

Bowser 10-21-2019 09:43 PM

The little kid in me that remembers Star Wars 30 and 40 years ago wants this to be great. The adult I am...….has doubts.

I hope for two things...
- I don't let Rian Johnson (and to a much lesser degree, Ep. VII) ruin my expectations
- I can just sit back and enjoy this, immensely

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-21-2019 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14544348)
The little kid in me that remembers Star Wars 30 and 40 years ago wants this to be great. The adult I am...….has doubts.

I hope for two things...
- I don't let Rian Johnson (and to a much lesser degree, Ep. VII) ruin my expectations
- I can just sit back and enjoy this, immensely

Lol. They've still got that bag o' **** slated to do an entire trilogy of something Star Wars. I guess that's his reward for being the only asshole in Hollywood hard up enough to destroy the character of Luke Skywalker.
I'd like to punch that queer right in his ****ing nose.

eDave 10-21-2019 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14544299)
Jesus. That looks incredible.

Did you hear that Star Wars theme with full accompaniment? ****in' A!

BigRichard 10-22-2019 12:35 AM

I have about as much enthusiasm for this as a possible wet fart coming out.

bowener 10-22-2019 09:51 AM

My bullshit analysis of the newest trailer that I've given 5 seconds of thought to: Rey and Ren fighting in the water seems to be a juxtaposition of Anakin and Obi fighting by lava. My bet is this is the scene where Rey converts Ren to the light or gray side of the force, and thus the rise of the Skywalker name. The water will wash away his 'sins'.

Hammock Parties 10-22-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 14544752)
My bullshit analysis of the newest trailer that I've given 5 seconds of thought to: Rey and Ren fighting in the water seems to be a juxtaposition of Anakin and Obi fighting by lava. My bet is this is the scene where Rey converts Ren to the light or gray side of the force, and thus the rise of the Skywalker name. The water will wash away his 'sins'.

Kylo's theme in major key was played during a teaser tweet.

He's definitely redeeming himself.

Likely by sacrifice.

Can't ****ing wait.

Fish 10-22-2019 10:28 AM

Completely meh. Bringing back Palpatine is some dumb unoriginal shit. Every villain since Vader has sucked. Rey is boring. Ren is an emo douche. Redemption arc is dumb. This franchise is already dead, it just doesn't know it. No amount of Disney cash can fix this ****ing turd...

Deberg_1990 10-22-2019 04:47 PM

Couple of things

Star Wars horses? Looked kinda cheesy. Reminded me of Krull

c3PO saying “let me have one last look at my friends”. But he’s shared hardly any scenes with those guys.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-22-2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 14544752)

Dipshit Kylo leaves his lightsaber on the ruins of the Death Star after Mary Sue stabs him in the chest with it, and then heals him enough to keep him from dying. So everything his character has done for and with the First Order up to that point is tossed aside like Luke nonchalantly chucking his father's lightsaber over the cliff, because Kylo has a post-asswhipping vision of Han Solo telling him it's never too late to return to the light.

Han Solo.

The smuggler with ZERO force ability.

Not Anakin/Vader who Kylo has been feverishly spanking his force monkey to for three ****ing films, but Han Solo.

So, dipshit goes back to Palpatine's lair with NO WEAPON, intending to join Mary Sue and help her defeat the Sith Lord. Palpatine siphons enough force essence from these two morons to rejuvenate himself to an Episode III state, and then promptly kills the village idiot who came to the gun fight with a slingshot.
A fitting end for a character so horribly written and executed.

Hammock Parties 10-23-2019 02:19 PM

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_MuxVqB3I7E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Amnorix 10-23-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14494156)
More Palpatine goodies!

This .....is......terrible. JFC.

InChiefsHeaven 10-23-2019 03:42 PM

Palpatine...**** you with this...

...I've said it before, this is my last Star Wars movie. They just don't know how to make it compelling any more. Yes, the action is pretty cool, but that's not what Star Wars was to me. After the shitty prequels, I enjoyed TFA, even if it was a stupid ass reboot. TLJ killed my enthusiasm.

I'll watch this one, but I don't have high hopes.

InChiefsHeaven 10-23-2019 04:09 PM

That DeepFake was awesome...