ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2020 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329772)

Rain Man 03-25-2020 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14867597)
You're talking to the guy who drafted Geno Smith at #1 overall even after the Chiefs had traded for Alex Smith. You don't have to justify picking a QB in the CP mock to me.

I think history will end up viewing that as a good move once Geno learns the system.

Rain Man 03-25-2020 07:11 PM

It's probably not the first time someone has said this, but maybe someone should go check on Kurt Cobain.

staylor26 03-25-2020 07:43 PM

After taking a longer look it’s better than I thought. There are exactly 3 guys on my board for 32, 2 of which will probably be gone. After that there are another 2-3 guys I’m alright with taking at 32, but would prefer to trade down.

Kind of goes to show you that while a trade down is difficult, there aren’t many scenarios where there’s not going to be a guy you’d be happy with at 32 ( at least for me).

I think we’re going to be stuck at 32 taking BPA, which isn’t so bad.

KurtCobain 03-25-2020 07:45 PM

Sorry guys been a crazy day give me 20 minutes.

KurtCobain 03-25-2020 07:56 PM

As a guy that came up and then died in Seattle it is my honor to introduce the Seattle Seahawks 2020 first round pick.

Terrell Lewis, EDGE, Alabama

Chief Northman 03-25-2020 08:03 PM

The Ravens are ecstatic that one of their targeted players is still on the board at this point, as it fills their number one need on defense.

With the 28th pick, the Baltimore Ravens select: Kenneth Murray- ILB - Oklahoma

Sfeihc 03-25-2020 08:07 PM

That made my pick easy.

The Tennessee Titans select Ross Blacklock, DL, TCU .

Losing Casey hurts. This will help ease the pain.

RealSNR 03-25-2020 09:48 PM

Getting REEEALLY tired of drafting phenomenal weapons for Rodgers year after year in the 1st and 2nd rounds only for the Packers to give me a giant middle finger and go after the unsexy positions. How's that going for you, Green Bay? You're satisfied with your work? Everything was gravy last year with that Lizard guy, eh? And the dude named Alison as the #2 was totally awesome, wasn't it? Maybe I should draft a WR named Sarah to line up in the slot!

Well, I'm not going to do that. But I AM going to shoot for the moon and take this boom/bust guy.

The Green Bay Packers select Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado

Rain Man 03-25-2020 11:03 PM

(Oh, god. It's coming up. The pick is coming up. The Chiefs are Super Bowl champions. I can't do this. Why did I agree to do this? This is crazy. I'm not a draft expert. I'm just a guy. People will make fun of my pick and wonder if I've ever watched a football game. They'll call me Mel Kiper or something. Why am I doing this? I don't need this pressure. I can make a safe pick, I guess, but what's a safe pick? People are all over the board with who they want. And it's the 32nd pick. It's the lowest first-round pick the Chiefs have ever had. It's hard to find a superstar with the 32nd pick. And three years ago that guy had the 27th pick and he picked Patrick Mahomes. At 27! Not even at 10. At 27! I can't compete with that. Maybe I should go hide for a while. Someone else will make the pick and then I can pretend that I forgot. Yeah, maybe I can do that. But no. That's not the Chief way of doing things. Patrick Mahomes is on my team. I can't let him down. I'll make the pick. I'll pick someone really good. I can do this. I can succeed. I can make the Super Bowl champions even better. I've got this. I don't care if people ridicule me. I know in my heart how best to help the Chiefs, and I'll do it regardless of skepticism. That's how Brett Veach does it. I'll channel my inner Brett Veach, and I'll make a bold move and it'll pay off. Why? Because Chiefs, that's why.

Bring this pick on.)

Direckshun 03-25-2020 11:10 PM

The 49ers draft OG/C Cesar Ruiz, Michigan.

Direckshun 03-25-2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14868422)
(Oh, god. It's coming up. The pick is coming up. The Chiefs are Super Bowl champions. I can't do this. Why did I agree to do this? This is crazy. I'm not a draft expert. I'm just a guy. People will make fun of my pick and wonder if I've ever watched a football game. They'll call me Mel Kiper or something. Why am I doing this? I don't need this pressure. I can make a safe pick, I guess, but what's a safe pick? People are all over the board with who they want. And it's the 32nd pick. It's the lowest first-round pick the Chiefs have ever had. It's hard to find a superstar with the 32nd pick. And three years ago that guy had the 27th pick and he picked Patrick Mahomes. At 27! Not even at 10. At 27! I can't compete with that. Maybe I should go hide for a while. Someone else will make the pick and then I can pretend that I forgot. Yeah, maybe I can do that. But no. That's not the Chief way of doing things. Patrick Mahomes is on my team. I can't let him down. I'll make the pick. I'll pick someone really good. I can do this. I can succeed. I can make the Super Bowl champions even better. I've got this. I don't care if people ridicule me. I know in my heart how best to help the Chiefs, and I'll do it regardless of skepticism. That's how Brett Veach does it. I'll channel my inner Brett Veach, and I'll make a bold move and it'll pay off. Why? Because Chiefs, that's why.

Bring this pick on.)

Because we are the Chiefs.

You’re up. PM sent.

RealSNR 03-25-2020 11:12 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/YPIrsRqqO7oB2/giphy.gif

Rain Man 03-26-2020 12:16 AM

Okay, here's what it comes down to.

Candidate A. Safe pick, highly regarded. We have a decent starter at his position, but depth is thin and he would likely take the starting spot. Enough players in the draft that we could get a good one in Round 2, most likely.

Candidate B. Same position as Candidate A. Generally rated a little lower, but I love how the guy would fit in with our team. I would be ridiculed for taking this guy, but history would prove me right.

Candidate C. Pretty highly ranked guy that I really like, but at a position of very low need. Luxury pick.

Candidate D. Position where we could definitely use an upgrade. This guy is lower ranked than most of the other candidates, but there's a big dropoff after him in the draft. If I don't take him, we don't get the position filled in 2020.

Candidate E. Highly ranked candidate. Safe pick. Consensus is that we need help at the position, though I believe that less than many others.

Candidate F. Same position as Candidate E. Not as highly ranked, but I like him a bit more.

Final discussions are occurring in the draft room.

Rain Man 03-26-2020 12:17 AM

Candidate C is out of the running.

Rain Man 03-26-2020 12:21 AM

Candidate E is out of the running.