ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2019 Nascar thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321371)

SuperBowl4 02-25-2019 11:47 AM

Nobody really cares about NASCAR anymore. Just look at all those empty seats at Atlanta. The ONLY thing keeping NASCAR alive is their TV contract. The CHASE and the LAME Stages have killed this sport. The stage thing was the last straw. They stop the race during the race at the end of a stage? Nothing more than a mandatory caution. SO STUPID.

Hydrae 02-25-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 14123179)
Nobody really cares about NASCAR anymore. Just look at all those empty seats at Atlanta. The ONLY thing keeping NASCAR alive is their TV contract. The CHASE and the LAME Stages have killed this sport. The stage thing was the last straw. They stop the race during the race at the end of a stage? Nothing more than a mandatory caution. SO STUPID.

I saw something about stages when I happened to actually look at the TV yesterday. What is that?

And what is up with the talk I heard during Daytona about it being the last restrictor plate race? Something about an engine change or something.

In58men 03-23-2019 06:42 PM

2019 Nascar thread

I know Larson struggles at Martinsville but @ 50/1 odds on mybookie.com is definitely intriguing.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b36b0dbf70.jpg

KCTitus 03-23-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 14123204)
I saw something about stages when I happened to actually look at the TV yesterday. What is that?

And what is up with the talk I heard during Daytona about it being the last restrictor plate race? Something about an engine change or something.

Each race is now broken into 3 stages...winner of the stage gets a playoff point and the top 10 of the stage gets series points. It's an attempt to allow for strategy and for some drivers to score points they otherwise wouldnt.

I'm really not sure if its done anything for the sport, but it's a way for those in playoff contention (a previous race winner is a playoff participant) to get an edge against fellow competitors.

I have followed it from a distance and really dont care about the points racing...

Old school was pure points racing, but that was too boring and now, it's just become ridiculously confusing. I thought the playoffs were a good idea, but Nascar needs to finish (like PGA is now) before football starts. They need maximum eyeballs and they dont start their 2 month playoff until football starts.

They are getting rid of the restrictor plate in favor of another HP limiting part in the engine...the problem has always been limiting HP and the superspeedways are just a joke of a race, but unfortunately that's Nascar's bread and butter.

The sport is dying...they never should have expanded as large as they did and built so many cookie cutter tracks. If they were smart, they would have made the tracks be less than 1.5M and each track unique. Of course the most popular track, Bristol, has lost its luster and that's truly a shame.

There is a new generation of racers, but they have NO personality and the veterans that remain have no personality. I think Nascar is going the way of Indy racing. Both sports will become one race sports...

ptlyon 03-24-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 14176426)
Each race is now broken into 3 stages...winner of the stage gets a playoff point and the top 10 of the stage gets series points. It's an attempt to allow for strategy and for some drivers to score points they otherwise wouldnt.

I'm really not sure if its done anything for the sport, but it's a way for those in playoff contention (a previous race winner is a playoff participant) to get an edge against fellow competitors.

I have followed it from a distance and really dont care about the points racing...

Old school was pure points racing, but that was too boring and now, it's just become ridiculously confusing. I thought the playoffs were a good idea, but Nascar needs to finish (like PGA is now) before football starts. They need maximum eyeballs and they dont start their 2 month playoff until football starts.

They are getting rid of the restrictor plate in favor of another HP limiting part in the engine...the problem has always been limiting HP and the superspeedways are just a joke of a race, but unfortunately that's Nascar's bread and butter.

The sport is dying...they never should have expanded as large as they did and built so many cookie cutter tracks. If they were smart, they would have made the tracks be less than 1.5M and each track unique. Of course the most popular track, Bristol, has lost its luster and that's truly a shame.

There is a new generation of racers, but they have NO personality and the veterans that remain have no personality. I think Nascar is going the way of Indy racing. Both sports will become one race sports...

Head of nail, meet hammer

In58men 03-24-2019 09:48 AM

I like the stages, it gets them bunched up thoughtout the race. Having a driver dominate just because he’s in clean air is boring as ****.

I also like the new package for this year. We’re seeing more passing now.

Chief Roundup 03-24-2019 10:07 AM

This week is one of those weeks where viewership will be down because you have to have the FS1 network of the app. Going with a channel that is not a very common channel is ridiculous. If someone that doesn't carry extra packages wants to watch it they will have to find a free stream.

In58men 03-24-2019 11:05 AM

Here’s my cash game lineup (double ups or 50/50s)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0a5c129f5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In58men 03-26-2019 02:23 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9811589620.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...19a3b5d902.jpg

Wow!!! I like this!!!

Bristol will be the first round cutoff race, that’s going to be a crazy ****ing race!!

Double header at Pocono!!!!

Daytona being the last race of the regular season is awesome. No driver wants to rely on a Daytona race to make playoffs. Shits wild fam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RocKhawks 03-26-2019 02:43 PM

Going to my first Nascar race in Watkins Glen! How long does a race typically last? And what should I expect? I will be sure to post pics!

In58men 03-26-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocKhawks (Post 14181436)
Going to my first Nascar race in Watkins Glen! How long does a race typically last? And what should I expect? I will be sure to post pics!

I heard road courses can be difficult to see all the action. Depends on how many cautions there is to determine the length of the race. Since it’s a road course I would say 9 cautions total (including stages). 4 hours of racing

RocKhawks 03-26-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 14181437)
I heard road courses can be difficult to see all the action. Depends on how many cautions there is to determine the length of the race. Since it’s a road course I would say 9 cautions total (including stages). 4 hours of racing

I figured 4 hours, and probably wouldn't see everything(Being a road course). But I am sitting by the start/finish line. Do they tailgate there? Im planning on drinking some brewski's. Should be a good time.

kstater 06-23-2019 01:00 PM

2019 Nascar thread

Love him or hate him, you cant deny the impact DW has had on growing the sport over the last 45 years
. Wont be the same with out his involvement on a weekly basis

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

In58men 06-23-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 14318808)
Love him or hate him, you cant deny the impact DW has had on growing the sport over the last 45 years
. Wont be the same with out his involvement on a weekly basis

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It won’t be the same, but he definitely needs to move on. NASCAR is headed in a different direction, trying to get some of the younger crowd to watch. Saying shit like “boggity boggity boggity lets go racing you bunch of hotdogs” is not a way to attract new people.

GloryDayz 06-23-2019 04:23 PM

Meh, ever since Jeff Gordon left and the current set of dominant drivers, sans Jimmie Johnson and Bubba Wallace, I'm just not finding it as interesting as it used to be. I record them, and if somebody interesting wins, then a watch it.