ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV AVATAR 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310339)

DaneMcCloud 10-04-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13125989)
Is his $300M ad budget statement close to accurate?

I think that’s probably a massive overstatement. Plus, since they’re filming four new sequels, the budget will likely decrease with each as people will be anticipating the next film.

Also, there will be different environments explored, not “space”. One of the environments will be an ocean and James Cameron is a master.

Look no further than The Abyss.

Plus, he continues to add talent, as Kate Winslett was announced in the past 24 hours.

I’m stoked.

vailpass 10-04-2017 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13125999)
I think that’s probably a massive overstatement. Plus, since they’re filming four new sequels, the budget will likely decrease with each as people will be anticipating the next film.

Also, there will be different environments explored, not “space”. One of the environments will be an ocean and James Cameron is a master.

Plus, he continues to add talent, as Kate Winslett was announced in the past 24 hours.

I’m stoked.

Thanks, just curious how large the ad budgets are for the majors.
FWIW I'm far from a film buff but i very much enjoyed Avatar, watched it twice with my son.

Frazod 10-04-2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13125999)

I’m stoked.

I'm betting he won't be adding Ed Harris to the ocean sequel. :D

BWillie 02-16-2019 02:00 PM

Looks like this thing is finally going to come out Dec 2020. First one was such a beautiful film

sully1983 02-16-2019 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14109959)
Looks like this thing is finally going to come out Dec 2020. First one was such a beautiful film

Hell yeah . Forgot I made this thread lol.

Between Avatar 2 & Dune , I think 2020 is gonna be one hell of a year for sci fi.:clap:

I'm esp stoked what James Cameron has up his sleeves for the sequel. He's hinted at some jaw dropping underwater sequences . He even threw out a backhanded comment on the underwater scenes in Aquaman recently ROFL

Cameron is a record-setting underwater diver himself and knows a thing or two about filming beneath the sea with The Abyss, his various documentaries, and the upcoming Avatar sequels, and this is one reason why Aquaman wouldn’t have been a film he would make:

“I’ve spent thousands of hours underwater and I’m very literal about my underwater. It needs to look like it’s real and while I can enjoy that film [Aquaman], I don’t resonate with it because it doesn’t look real. By the way, it doesn’t actually help us with our issues of actually understanding the ocean and exploring the ocean and preserving the ocean. Although they did throw in a couple of things with whales and things like that to remind us that we are kind of using the ocean as a toilet and as a garbage dump, so I applaud the film for that.

“Yeah, I couldn’t have made that movie.”

We will get to see Cameron’s next take on an underwater blockbuster spectacle when his Avatar sequels release starting in December 2020.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2019/...rwater-scenes/

ThaVirus 02-16-2019 09:57 PM

Avatar underwater? Why underwater?

Frazod 02-16-2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14110583)

Well, they like ripping off old Kevin Kostner movies.

Perhaps the next one will rip off Waterworld.

srvy 02-16-2019 10:48 PM

I hated Avatar and is 3rd time the charm on Dune. Dune was a great series of books that just doesnt translate to film well it seems.

Frazod 02-17-2019 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 14110638)
I hated Avatar and is 3rd time the charm on Dune. Dune was a great series of books that just doesnt translate to film well it seems.

Could give a **** about Avatar, but as for Dune, I'm very cautiously optimistic. It's the same director that did the new Blade Runner movie, which I loved.

Maybe he'll get it right. Maybe he has enough respect/reverence for the source material not to **** it up. Maybe there won't be stupid shit like weirding modules and heart plugs. Maybe the Baron will actually be sinister instead of ridiculous. And maybe the desert scenes won't look like they were filmed in an abandoned warehouse with a couple of dump truck loads of sand like the Sci-Fi series.

Maybe.

Fish 02-17-2019 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14110583)

Climate change, bro. That's how serious....:D

MarkDavis'Haircut 02-17-2019 05:55 AM

Avatar was cliched junk. The typical mighty whitey is a bad guy story and the natives are the good guys.

Atlantis the Lost Empire did the same storyline but way better and way more entertaining.

ThaVirus 02-17-2019 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14110628)

I'm down lol I always liked Waterworld

sully1983 02-17-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14110628)

LMAO ha I didn't even think of that.

Fish 02-17-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14110786)
I'm down lol I always liked Waterworld

I did too. Thought the idea was really cool. It was a little clunky, and took lots of criticism for the price tag. But a lot of that was due to hurricanes destroying the sets.

Ever heard of the Ulysses cut?

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...cially.777996/

keg in kc 02-17-2019 11:58 AM

Hard to believe it's already been a decade since the first one.