ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Netflix: Mindhunter (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310885)

Simply Red 02-27-2018 08:57 PM

Spoiler!

listopencil 03-01-2018 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 13442738)
The first episode wasn't that great, when Kemper shows up the show really takes off though.

Yeah. I was kind of absentmindedly into it at first because I'm a sucker for period pieces of certain eras, and then it got really good.

BigRedChief 03-02-2018 08:15 AM

Yeah, I agree with the others. It does start kind of slow but hang in there. It gets a lot better. Well made TV with great acting.

GloucesterChief 03-02-2018 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13442875)
Spoiler!

Reportedly it will be Wayne Williams.

keg in kc 07-24-2019 04:45 PM

Season 2 hits August 14.

Great Expectations 07-24-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14362789)
Season 2 hits August 14.

I’m ready, I think it originally was supposed to be released at the end of last fall/beginning of winter. Any idea of why it was delayed?

keg in kc 07-25-2019 03:55 PM

I can't find anything that indicates any delay. So don't know...

Some deets on who might be involved this season:
Quote:

serial killers include Charles Manson and his follower, Tex Watson, Wayne Williams (convicted of the Atlanta Child Murders, on which Season 2 is focused), Elmer Wayne Henley, David Berkowitz (the Son of Sam/.44 Caliber Killer), William Pierce Jr., William Henry Hance, and Paul Bateson. Dennis Rader, better known as the BTK Killer, will also continue to have a presence in the series.
Interesting to me that it's mainly about Wayne Williams. If folks haven't listed to season 1 of the podcast Monster (at the time called Atlanta Monster) it's pretty interesting.

Haven't been able to find a trailer for season 2 yet.

TwistedChief 07-25-2019 05:03 PM

I adored the first season (hat tip SimplyRed). Have been waiting for this endlessly.

In the meantime, found a great serial killer podcast “Unmasking a Killer” on the Golden State Killer from the late 70s in California.

BWillie 07-25-2019 08:04 PM

This is a great series, although the beating off to a vacant women's shoe still disturbs me.

sully1983 07-25-2019 10:50 PM

Thanks for the update folks. This is a great show and one of the best Netflix has to offer. Netflix normally releases their show/film trailers near the premiere date so I can't wait to see some footage of Season 2. We won't have to wait too long.

keg in kc 07-26-2019 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14364295)
I adored the first season (hat tip SimplyRed). Have been waiting for this endlessly.

In the meantime, found a great serial killer podcast “Unmasking a Killer” on the Golden State Killer from the late 70s in California.

Season 2 of Criminology covered it really well, and de Angelo was arrested during the season, which was pretty cool.

Baby Lee 07-29-2019 11:05 PM

<iframe width="950" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iZqsRDnzxUA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Passepartout 07-30-2019 12:55 AM

Really it is like Criminal Minds on CBS but it is more deeper and you have to have not a weak stomach over it.

sully1983 07-30-2019 01:07 AM

HYPED! Thanks for posting the teaser Baby Lee. David Fincher was pretty heavily involved with season 2 so that's great news.

And the actor that plays Kemper is so great. He was also good in the Umbrella Academy show on Netflix.

Baby Lee 07-30-2019 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passepartout (Post 14369870)
Really it is like Criminal Minds on CBS but it is more deeper and you have to have not a weak stomach over it.

Mindhunter is as different from Criminal Minds as Star Trek is different from The Right Stuff.

CM approaches profiling as a network take on an established field of investigation, lots of theatrical shortcuts for episodic drama. [much like Star Trek treats space travel as a given and moves on to interstellar politics and drama]

MH approaches profiling as a historical, slightly dramatized, development of that field from its inception. It shows the nuts and bolts of developing a psychological foundation for investigation from thin air. [much like The Right Stuff dramatized the frustrating and eventually triumphant first steps off the surface of the earth].