ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Netflix: Mindhunter (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310885)

Frazod 10-16-2017 09:19 PM

Netflix: Mindhunter

Anybody else watching this? Amazing show. The main characters are based on John Douglas and Robert Ressler, the first FBI agents to gain insight into the minds of serial killers by interviewing them in prison (Douglas was the basis for Scott Glenn's character in Silence of the Lambs). Set in the late 70s. I'm three episodes in and really enjoying it.

KCUnited 10-16-2017 09:21 PM

I’m only 2 episodes in and am enjoying it as well. Really well done up to this point.

Frazod 10-16-2017 09:36 PM

I love well done period stuff. I like that everywhere they go Tench is smoking, including the planes. Those were the days!

cooper barrett 10-16-2017 09:57 PM

Frazod: Sometimes all the aspects of production make up for a mediocre story, like eating at certain restaurants on Oak Creek in Sedona. They could serve you cold Spam on burnt toast and you would love it due to the view

I will be getting into it in a few days but your making me want to it now... I need 10 free h ours to bing watch it...

Nickhead 10-17-2017 03:40 PM

watched it all and it was really good. really interesting how they work into the story 30 years before, the BTK beginnings. :D

rockymtnchief 10-17-2017 05:33 PM

I finished it Sunday. I'm hoping, with the way it ended, that there's a second season coming?

Frazod 10-17-2017 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 13158596)
I finished it Sunday. I'm hoping, with the way it ended, that there's a second season coming?

Yes. They actually ordered a new season before the first one even aired.

sully1983 10-18-2017 08:51 AM

Love this show. I have one episode left to watch. Highly recommend it & glad its getting another season. .

sully1983 10-18-2017 08:53 AM

Also, I love the 70s setting. David Fincher created a great look to this show (similar to what he did with Zodiac) .

Oh and the actor that plays Ed Kemper is creepy as ****. jfc

BigRedChief 10-18-2017 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 13159487)

yeah he needs to come back next season too. It's hard to play a serial Killer without coming off as a cliche or over acting the part.

Quote:

Also, I love the 70s setting. David Fincher created a great look to this show (similar to what he did with Zodiac)

yep, real good job creating the vibe in the late 70's.
Spoiler!

Beef Supreme 10-19-2017 09:05 AM

About halfway through watching this. It was driving me crazy why the professor chick looked so familiar, but I couldn't place her. So I looked on the interwebs. It's the girl from Fringe.

Frazod 10-21-2017 02:05 AM

Just finished the last episode. Great show. Holden's transformation over the course of the season was remarkable. Definitely reminds me of the Nietzsche quote about staring into the abyss, and the abyss staring back.

Clyde Frog 10-22-2017 11:39 PM

Spoiler!

Frazod 10-23-2017 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 13171925)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Clyde Frog 10-23-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13172104)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Nzoner 10-26-2017 08:34 AM

Glad to see all the positive remarks.I love these kind of shows and will be starting this in the next day or so.

Nzoner 10-27-2017 07:13 AM

Well had a do nothing day yesterday so I got on a roll and watched the entire season 1.

Thumbs up all the way around,I thought the acting was very good and the guy that played Kemper was creepy as hell.I thought Shepherd nailed it as well as a believable dickhead.Can't say enough about the soundtrack either as those tunes were the hits of my teen years,especially liked the use of Zeppelin's In The Light.

Lastly was Wendy....I think I'm in love and wouldn't have minded a special scene with her :D

Not a very in depth review but don't want to spoil anything,all I can say is the series is top notch and now I wonder how long I have to wait for season 2.

Baby Lee 10-29-2017 03:07 AM

Finally getting around to giving this a decent airing. Looking forward to it a lot.

Had the fortune of Robert Ressler teaching for a couple of weeks in my Abnormal Psychology class at Truman. The instructor, Dr. Costa, was one of the earlier students under him at Quantico and brought him in for a mini-residency. This was just a year or so after Silence of the Lambs came out and Ressler was kind of barnstorming universities to gin up interest in forensic psych.

He had a ton of first-person face-to-face interview anecdotes, Dahmer, Bundy, Gacy, etc. And this was before 'profiling' was part of every network crime drama on earth.

mdchiefsfan 10-29-2017 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13180633)
Finally getting around to giving this a decent airing. Looking forward to it a lot.

Had the fortune of Robert Ressler teaching for a couple of weeks in my Abnormal Psychology class at Truman. The instructor, Dr. Costa, was one of the earlier students under him at Quantico and brought him in for a mini-residency. This was just a year or so after Silence of the Lambs came out and Ressler was kind of barnstorming universities to gin up interest in forensic psych.

He had a ton of first-person face-to-face interview anecdotes, Dahmer, Bundy, Gacy, etc. And this was before 'profiling' was part of every network crime drama on earth.

That had to be awesome. I’m hoping to delve into some of this in persuit of my Criminology degree.

DaneMcCloud 10-29-2017 12:39 PM

Fincher wants four more seasons for a total of five

vailpass 10-29-2017 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13181079)

Reminds me of the recent South Park episode

http://dcdr.me/2kIXBNL

keg in kc 10-30-2017 12:03 PM

Started watching it on a whim yesterday and ended up binging all ten episodes. Really good.

unlurking 10-30-2017 01:21 PM

On episode 8. Excellent so far, but very creepy.

Baby Lee 10-31-2017 04:02 AM

There's been criticism of the music cues in this series, but I've enjoyed them a great deal.

The Psycho Killer tag to the unit's sequestration to the basement might have been a little on the nose, but it tonally carried the irony of an upbeat song to a depressing development in their careers, while suggesting that the fact that they still had careers at all and were getting additional liberty to pursue their hunches was a little triumphant as well.

But the best one was the Boomtown Rats to close episode 6. Kind of puts a button on the escalation of the characters' investment in their work [Torv buying a house to be closer to the FBI] and the escalation of the crazy they are fighting.

https://www.snopes.com/music/songs/mondays.asp

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-02-2017 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13180633)

I had no idea that Sal Costa, adviser to the Sig Tau goat****ers, was at Quantico. Definitely makes sense why he had that Psychology of Serial Killers class.

Baby Lee 11-02-2017 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13192632)
I had no idea that Sal Costa, adviser to the Sig Tau goat****ers, was at Quantico. Definitely makes sense why he had that Psychology of Serial Killers class.

Did they change the name of it? IIRC, it was just called Abnormal Psych when I took it.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-02-2017 12:28 AM

I thought it was good, but not great. Some of it is because I think the long arc of the story is more interesting than the structure of the individual episodes, standard whole is greater than the sum of the parts stuff. One thing that does bother me is how Groff plays Ford. It makes sense that his character could become increasingly arrogant to the point of putting himself in personal and professional harm, but if you watch him within episodes he'll vacillate from naive schoolboy to dark quasi sociopath without so much as a cue, like he's unsure what to do with the character. And it's not the obvious moments, like when he's working Kemper, or Brudos, or others for info. It will happen in small scenes where he's standing in a hallway looking outside at Devier, and it really takes me out of the scene. Other times, he can bounce between earnestly confident and cowardly, but that's more a function of inconsistent writing.

There's also little reason why he gets back together with Debbie other than they just wanted to put her in two more episodes.

Overall, I found it enjoying, but it's more of a good show than a great one, IMO.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-02-2017 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13192634)
Did they change the name of it? IIRC, it was just called Abnormal Psych when I took it.

I know it was a 400 level psych class. More of a special topic that was almost impossible to get into unless you had senior status and a good SSN when it was time to register. My roommate took it. I'll have to ask him what it was like.

Baby Lee 11-02-2017 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13192635)
I thought it was good, but not great. Some of it is because I think the long arc of the story is more interesting than the structure of the individual episodes, standard whole is greater than the sum of the parts stuff. One thing that does bother me is how Groff plays Ford. It makes sense that his character could become increasingly arrogant to the point of putting himself in personal and professional harm, but if you watch him within episodes he'll vacillate from naive schoolboy to dark quasi sociopath without so much as a cue, like he's unsure what to do with the character. And it's not the obvious moments, like when he's working Kemper, or Brudos, or others for info. It will happen in small scenes where he's standing in a hallway looking outside at Devier, and it really takes me out of the scene. Other times, he can bounce between earnestly confident and cowardly, but that's more a function of inconsistent writing.

There's also little reason why he gets back together with Debbie other than they just wanted to put her in two more episodes.

Overall, I found it enjoying, but it's more of a good show than a great one, IMO.

Two things treated similarly I had very different narrative reactions to.

I really like how they weaved in the

Spoiler!

stuff without comment. Gave a sense of the gravity of their work in real time, and I trust it will pay off well in future season.

Didn't so much like how they introduced the

Spoiler!

storyline. Making it seem more like a crisis of confidence and a general 'WTF' moment than anything.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-02-2017 12:35 AM

Agreed on your first spoiler, had no idea on your second. Were there cues they dropped, or is that just from his bio?

Baby Lee 11-02-2017 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13192641)
Agreed on your first spoiler, had no idea on your second. Were there cues they dropped, or is that just from his bio?

I took the breakdown after he met Kemper following the suicide attempt as the first solid indication.

If I'm guessing correctly, they'll follow a similar narrative to Will Graham in NBC's Hannibal.

SuperChief 11-02-2017 10:11 AM

Can we comment on how INCREDIBLE Jonathan Groff's singing voice is? Not related to the show, I know. But still - he's one of my favorite voices on Broadway.

FlintHillsChiefs 11-02-2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 13193084)
Can we comment on how INCREDIBLE Jonathan Groff's singing voice is? Not related to the show, I know. But still - he's one of my favorite voices on Broadway.

I didn't know he was a singer, so I looked him up. He was on Glee? ROFL

AssEaterChief 11-02-2017 07:40 PM

I just started watching and I love this show already.

Reminds me a bit of True Detective (Season 1) in all the best ways.

BigRedChief 11-03-2017 06:42 AM

I think this show is best viewed as a whole instead of its parts. When you end this seasons journey and look back at its totality, it looks much better in retrospect than when you are watching individual shows. Great show to binge watch.

Baby Lee 11-03-2017 06:51 AM

Just realized that some of the key background stuff hasn't been mentioned here

The real Edmund Kemper, compared to the dramatization

http://www.yourtango.com/2017307775/...netflix-series

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FDYBmNYc8IA" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The real Bittaker and Norris

[take some caution here, some graphic stuff]

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2M-DS2mq8qg" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bvs9qfubnYQ" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SuperChief 11-03-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs (Post 13193905)
I didn't know he was a singer, so I looked him up. He was on Glee? ROFL

Yes - he was great in Glee. Spring Awakening is his great work, IMO. Of all the male leads on Broadway, his is one of my favorites (modern era).

Buehler445 11-10-2017 08:47 AM

Just finished it. It was really good. I'm not sure I've got the stomach to binge it. I didn't know about any of the killers in there besides Manson and BTK, so their creepiness and brutality was new to me.

I'll watch S2 as soon as it hits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13160178)
yeah he needs to come back next season too. It's hard to play a serial Killer without coming off as a cliche or over acting the part.

yep, real good job creating the vibe in the late 70's.
Spoiler!

Disagree about the ending.

Spoiler!

carcosa 02-27-2018 04:59 PM

watched it a few months ago, pretty good hsow. the last scene in the last episode made me freak!

carcosa 02-27-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

a lot of good performances on this show but his might be the best

Baby Lee 02-27-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 13442465)
a lot of good performances on this show but his might be the best

Did you see the comparison video above?

Baby Lee 02-27-2018 05:17 PM

Found it ironic that this show comes back up on CP after AP-Bio's subplot about the tickle teacher who was in teacher detention this past Sunday.

listopencil 02-27-2018 07:19 PM

I didn"t think I'd like this but I binged the shit out of it.

GloucesterChief 02-27-2018 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 13442726)
I didn"t think I'd like this but I binged the shit out of it.

The first episode wasn't that great, when Kemper shows up the show really takes off though.

Simply Red 02-27-2018 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13181079)

yulp

Simply Red 02-27-2018 08:57 PM

Spoiler!

listopencil 03-01-2018 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 13442738)
The first episode wasn't that great, when Kemper shows up the show really takes off though.

Yeah. I was kind of absentmindedly into it at first because I'm a sucker for period pieces of certain eras, and then it got really good.

BigRedChief 03-02-2018 08:15 AM

Yeah, I agree with the others. It does start kind of slow but hang in there. It gets a lot better. Well made TV with great acting.

GloucesterChief 03-02-2018 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13442875)
Spoiler!

Reportedly it will be Wayne Williams.

keg in kc 07-24-2019 04:45 PM

Season 2 hits August 14.

Great Expectations 07-24-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14362789)
Season 2 hits August 14.

I’m ready, I think it originally was supposed to be released at the end of last fall/beginning of winter. Any idea of why it was delayed?

keg in kc 07-25-2019 03:55 PM

I can't find anything that indicates any delay. So don't know...

Some deets on who might be involved this season:
Quote:

serial killers include Charles Manson and his follower, Tex Watson, Wayne Williams (convicted of the Atlanta Child Murders, on which Season 2 is focused), Elmer Wayne Henley, David Berkowitz (the Son of Sam/.44 Caliber Killer), William Pierce Jr., William Henry Hance, and Paul Bateson. Dennis Rader, better known as the BTK Killer, will also continue to have a presence in the series.
Interesting to me that it's mainly about Wayne Williams. If folks haven't listed to season 1 of the podcast Monster (at the time called Atlanta Monster) it's pretty interesting.

Haven't been able to find a trailer for season 2 yet.

TwistedChief 07-25-2019 05:03 PM

I adored the first season (hat tip SimplyRed). Have been waiting for this endlessly.

In the meantime, found a great serial killer podcast “Unmasking a Killer” on the Golden State Killer from the late 70s in California.

BWillie 07-25-2019 08:04 PM

This is a great series, although the beating off to a vacant women's shoe still disturbs me.

sully1983 07-25-2019 10:50 PM

Thanks for the update folks. This is a great show and one of the best Netflix has to offer. Netflix normally releases their show/film trailers near the premiere date so I can't wait to see some footage of Season 2. We won't have to wait too long.

keg in kc 07-26-2019 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14364295)
I adored the first season (hat tip SimplyRed). Have been waiting for this endlessly.

In the meantime, found a great serial killer podcast “Unmasking a Killer” on the Golden State Killer from the late 70s in California.

Season 2 of Criminology covered it really well, and de Angelo was arrested during the season, which was pretty cool.

Baby Lee 07-29-2019 11:05 PM

<iframe width="950" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iZqsRDnzxUA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Passepartout 07-30-2019 12:55 AM

Really it is like Criminal Minds on CBS but it is more deeper and you have to have not a weak stomach over it.

sully1983 07-30-2019 01:07 AM

HYPED! Thanks for posting the teaser Baby Lee. David Fincher was pretty heavily involved with season 2 so that's great news.

And the actor that plays Kemper is so great. He was also good in the Umbrella Academy show on Netflix.

Baby Lee 07-30-2019 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passepartout (Post 14369870)
Really it is like Criminal Minds on CBS but it is more deeper and you have to have not a weak stomach over it.

Mindhunter is as different from Criminal Minds as Star Trek is different from The Right Stuff.

CM approaches profiling as a network take on an established field of investigation, lots of theatrical shortcuts for episodic drama. [much like Star Trek treats space travel as a given and moves on to interstellar politics and drama]

MH approaches profiling as a historical, slightly dramatized, development of that field from its inception. It shows the nuts and bolts of developing a psychological foundation for investigation from thin air. [much like The Right Stuff dramatized the frustrating and eventually triumphant first steps off the surface of the earth].

Frazod 07-30-2019 08:54 AM

It's amazing how closely the actors resemble the RL assholes they're portraying.

Deberg_1990 07-30-2019 04:23 PM

Just learned David Fincher was behind this and directed some of the episodes. I need to check this out.

DeepPurple 08-01-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14370903)
Just learned David Fincher was behind this and directed some of the episodes. I need to check this out.

Same with me, anything Fincher has done is usually great. I guess Jodi Foster in Panic Room was probably my least favorite film of his and that was good.

I see mentioned Silence of the Lambs connection, how about Manhunter. That's the prequel to SOL. It's a Michael Mann (Miami Vice) film from 1986 featuring William Peterson of CSI fame. It's is fantastic, Brian Cox plays the Anthony Hopkins character and Petersen is the FBI guy and his boss is Dennis Farina. It's got all the slickness of Miami Vice and has an intriguing story. I can watch over and over just like Silence of the Lambs. If you're a fan of In a Gadda Da Vida, you'll love the ending. If you're a fan of William Petersen like me, or you will be after seeing this film, don't miss To Live or Die in LA. If you have Directv, both films are on HDNET quite often.

https://borntobeunicorn.files.wordpr...nunicorn-5.png

https://www.goombastomp.com/wp-conte...nhunter004.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....xPfhL._RI_.jpg

keg in kc 08-05-2019 05:12 PM

<iframe width="1189" height="669" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PHlJQCyqiaI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chiefspants 08-06-2019 12:20 PM

My body is ready

Miles 08-06-2019 02:22 PM

Interesting that Dewy Crowe also played Manson in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

DeepPurple 08-08-2019 08:53 AM

I just watched the first 3 episodes of Season 1, and I'm hooked. It's the kind of show or movie I really like. For example The Girl on the Train or Gone Girl, I can watch them over and over. David Fincher always does well, but maybe not The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, that film the Swedish original didn't need to be remade.

I love the coloring, it's so much like Fincher's Zodiac. It is a little slow moving, but I can see since they don't have the time restraints of a 2 hour film, he can let the story develop. Anybody looking for something similar but more action, the film Manhunter I recommended earlier with William Petersen is great! I rewatch it everytime HDNET or some other channel airs it.

Baby Lee 08-08-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepPurple (Post 14384434)
I just watched the first 3 episodes of Season 1, and I'm hooked. It's the kind of show or movie I really like. For example The Girl on the Train or Gone Girl, I can watch them over and over. David Fincher always does well, but maybe not The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, that film the Swedish original didn't need to be remade.

I love the coloring, it's so much like Fincher's Zodiac. It is a little slow moving, but I can see since they don't have the time restraints of a 2 hour film, he can let the story develop. Anybody looking for something similar but more action, the film Manhunter I recommended earlier with William Petersen is great! I rewatch it everytime HDNET or some other channel airs it.

The slow movement of the narrative is CRUCIAL. You need to get a sense of the inertia of the knowledge of the time. The mindset, the communication channels, the data analysis infrastructure. Like trying to play chess by postal service where neither of you know the other's address.

BWillie 08-08-2019 08:11 PM

Ed Kemper is one of the best parts of the show and I didn't even know who he was before this.

Huffmeister 08-09-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepPurple (Post 14374192)
I see mentioned Silence of the Lambs connection, how about Manhunter. That's the prequel to SOL. It's a Michael Mann (Miami Vice) film from 1986 featuring William Peterson of CSI fame. It's is fantastic, Brian Cox plays the Anthony Hopkins character and Petersen is the FBI guy and his boss is Dennis Farina. It's got all the slickness of Miami Vice and has an intriguing story. I can watch over and over just like Silence of the Lambs. If you're a fan of In a Gadda Da Vida, you'll love the ending. If you're a fan of William Petersen like me, or you will be after seeing this film, don't miss To Live or Die in LA. If you have Directv, both films are on HDNET quite often.

The movie Red Dragon (2002) is a remake of this movie. Anthony Hopkins is Lecter, Edward Norton is Peterson's character, and Ralph Fiennes is the villain.

Both are great movies. It's really interesting to watch the same story told from two different eras of film-making. Manhunter is a story set in the 80s and made in the 80s. Red Dragon is the same story set in the 80s, but made in the 00s.

Dallas Chief 08-11-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 14386359)
The movie Red Dragon (2002) is a remake of this movie. Anthony Hopkins is Lecter, Edward Norton is Peterson's character, and Ralph Fiennes is the villain.

Both are great movies. It's really interesting to watch the same story told from two different eras of film-making. Manhunter is a story set in the 80s and made in the 80s. Red Dragon is the same story set in the 80s, but made in the 00s.

Manhunter is one of my all time favorites. Because of the stylistic differences I found Red Dragon mostly unwatchable, even with Hopkins as Lecter. Odd how it felt like a B movie to me.

keg in kc 08-12-2019 10:44 AM

Just listened to a new episode of Atlanta Monster with an interview with John Douglas. Pretty good stuff.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/how...ter/e/62938129

DeepPurple 08-13-2019 08:42 AM

We just finished Season 1, and I gave it a 10 on IMDB. Basically it's what my wife and I watch all the time. Dateline, 20/20, 48 Hours, these are our favorite shows. I'm also a big fan of Paula Zahn on ID Channel. We watch ID channel a couple of hours a day, usually tape the shows so I can watch later without the commercials.

I was reading about the actors, I couldn't believe that Jonathan Groff who plays Holt Ford is an openly gay actor. Wendy is played by an Australian actress who is not gay, but divorced and Holt McCallany, who plays Bill Tench has a very pretty longtime girlfriend and he'll be 56 next month. Here's some real life photos.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/H...m5niDMM8_l.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f5/3b...eb3c667b96.jpg

Chiefspants 08-13-2019 10:54 AM

Unrelated, but some of Goff’s background is in theatre and he has a gorgeous voice. During his scene at the elementary school in S1 he kept the kids entertained by singing his songs from Frozen. He has a great IRL friendship with Holt, too.

MTG#10 08-15-2019 06:20 AM

It was a struggle making it through the first episode. Maybe it was my mood but I hope it gets better.

Chiefspants 08-15-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 14395083)
It was a struggle making it through the first episode. Maybe it was my mood but I hope it gets better.

I recommend watching the first 3-4 before making a judgment one way or the other. It's definitely a slow burn, but once you're in it's one of the most bingeable shows on Netflix.

-King- 08-16-2019 09:14 AM

I gotta rewatch the season probably. It's hard enough remembering everything that happens when shows take a year to air the new season, but 2 years? It's so dumb.

BWillie 08-16-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14396369)
I gotta rewatch the season probably. It's hard enough remembering everything that happens when shows take a year to air the new season, but 2 years? It's so dumb.

Young punk makes behavior science division.
Hot lesbo basically leads it despite not being FBI agent.
Serial killer beats off to shoes.
Young punk gets hug from serial killer.

Cliff notes. Yourrrrr welcom

Baby Lee 08-16-2019 11:02 AM

Season 2 - Weird having The Observer and Olivia Dunham as colleagues.

-King- 08-16-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14396387)
Young punk makes behavior science division.
Hot lesbo basically leads it despite not being FBI agent.
Serial killer beats off to shoes.
Young punk gets hug from serial killer.

Cliff notes. Yourrrrr welcom

Literally the only thing I remember is a bunch of flashbacks to a creepy dude that led to nothing and the main character having a panic attack after the serial killer hugged him. I don't even remember any women characters much less hot lesbos.