ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   My next to last Night Crew thread... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=123633)

Fire Me Boy! 09-09-2005 09:19 PM

My next to last Night Crew thread...

So because of the job, this is my next to last Friday night on overnights... hence, this is my next to last overnight on ChiefsPlanet.

:deevee:

So... what's up? What's for dinner tonight? Who's going to the game, and what are you tailgating with? Movies (I have a screener for The Corpse Bride on Monday)...

Deberg_1990 09-09-2005 09:21 PM

Seen any good flicks lately Fire Me??

Fire Me Boy! 09-09-2005 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Seen any good flicks lately Fire Me??

Not really, I haven't had the time... I've been working for the last 5 weeks as sports editor/graphic artist/pagination director and it's been kicking my ass. I've barely had time to breathe. The only thing I've watched was about 15 minutes of Alien Resurrection (that was how long it took me to convince my wife to turn it off).

Deberg_1990 09-09-2005 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!
The only thing I've watched was about 15 minutes of Alien Resurrection (that was how long it took me to convince my wife to turn it off).

hahah...Man that movie blew. Congrats on the job promotion by the way.

keg in kc 09-09-2005 09:29 PM

Alien Resurrection's fine until the last half hour.

Making pizza right now. Nice beer crust with turkey bacon, green peppers and pineapple. Made my annual batch of chex mix for the big football weekend. About to type up a game prediction, I think.

Coach 09-09-2005 09:29 PM

Not much going on, just watching SportsCenter, along with eating a light snack.

Fire Me Boy! 09-09-2005 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
Alien Resurrection's fine until the last half hour.

Making pizza right now. Nice beer crust with turkey bacon, green peppers and pineapple. Made my annual batch of chex mix for the big football weekend. About to type up a game prediction, I think.

Rep for the Chex idea... I'll have to make some tomorrow!

And no... Alien Resurrection sucks pretty much from the moment the opening credits stop.

Deberg_1990 09-09-2005 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
About to type up a game prediction, I think.

I want an honest game prediction. Not some "Homer" prediction. Ill go ahead and give you mine. I think the Chiefs will win, but it will be a hard fought battle. I think it will end up being like 27-24. Although, I wouldnt be surprised if the Chiefs lost either....

Fire Me Boy! 09-09-2005 09:31 PM

Quote:

hahah...Man that movie blew. Congrats on the job promotion by the way.

Thanks... and yes, it blew. And not in a good way.

Deberg_1990 09-09-2005 09:35 PM

Quote:

Thanks... and yes, it blew. And not in a good way.

It Blew, but not nearly as bad as Alien Vs. Predator. Talk about crapping on NOT one, but two great franchises.

keg in kc 09-09-2005 09:35 PM

Quote:

I want an honest game prediction. Not some "Homer" prediction. Ill go ahead and give you mine. I think the Chiefs will win, but it will be a hard fought battle. I think it will end up being like 27-24. Although, I wouldnt be surprised if the Chiefs lost either....

That's the exact score I've had in mind for the last couple of weeks. I think we win, but I don't think it's going to be pretty. Not going to be a scientific/stat thing, when I type it up, though, just a gut feeling. I think the defense will be up and down, we'll give up some chunks, but unlike past years, we have some playmakers on the field on that side of the ball, and I think we'll see that, too.

That's the one thing I haven't heard anyone mention. We talk about the offense, and how worried we are that we'll be out of synch. We talk about the defense, and how worried we are that the Jets will move the ball. I think the thing people overlook is that, for the first time in a long time, we have guys on D who can make game-changing plays. We have guys who can make a team pay for a mistake. I think that'll come into play Sunday.

Hammock Parties 09-09-2005 09:36 PM

I really want to see "THE MAN" with Eugene Levy and Sammy L.

Still need to see:

FOUR BROTHERS
40-YEAR OLD VIRGIN
THE CAVE
WEDDING CRASHERS

Refuse to see Brothers Grimm, because Matt Damon's english accent sounded HORRIBLE.

FLIGHTPLAN, CRY WOLF and JUST LIKE HEAVEN look good, too.

keg in kc 09-09-2005 09:37 PM

Quote:

And no... Alien Resurrection sucks pretty much from the moment the opening credits stop.

It's fine for what it is. Same as a movie like Independence Day. I leave sucks for movies that make me want to either puke or fall asleep. Like Titanic. Or anything fried green or having anything to do with endearment.

Sometimes it's nice to just turn the mind off for a couple of hours.

The movie I'm looking forward to seeing is Serenity, in a couple of weeks.

Fire Me Boy! 09-09-2005 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
I really want to see "THE MAN" with Eugene Levy and Sammy L.

Still need to see:

FOUR BROTHERS
40-YEAR OLD VIRGIN
THE CAVE
WEDDING CRASHERS

Refuse to see Brothers Grimm, because Matt Damon's english accent sounded HORRIBLE.

FLIGHTPLAN, CRY WOLF and JUST LIKE HEAVEN look good, too.

I thought Just Like Heaven looks pretty lame... Flight Plan and Cry Wolf look good, though.

Hammock Parties 09-09-2005 09:38 PM

Quote:

I thought Just Like Heaven looks pretty lame...

Sorry, it has Reese Witherspoon in it. All of her movies are fantastic.