ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Unnecessary drama? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273192)

Consistent1 05-19-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9693122)
You probably shouldn't get so cocky nor feel quite so safe, since you apparently don't understand how Internet firewalls and Network Address Translation work. If you're getting a different IP address every day, that address is a private address that is used only by your company's internal network. I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut that your IP address is either 192.168.x.x or 172.16.x.x, or 10.x.x.x.

The IP address that Chiefsplanet sees is the public IP address of your Internet firewall, and that address doesn't change. It would be simple for a Chiefsplanet mod to ban that IP address. If you work for a company with thousands of employees you probably don't have to worry, because no mod at Chiefsplanet is going to ban an entire company because one guy is misbehaving. But if you work for a smaller company, you are fooling yourself if you think you are safe from an IP ban.

If Chiefsplanet really wants to ban you, they can ban you.

He did nothing this time, seriously come on.

SAUTO 05-19-2013 08:12 PM

I like Gonzo and would like to thank him for the entertainment for the evening
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat 05-19-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9693101)
What are things your boyfriend might say as he grabs your ears, Alex?

This is like the 4th post in a row you've made that has to do with me and aome weird homosexual fetish. U wanna open up bruh?

Hootie 05-19-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

You probably shouldn't get so cocky nor feel quite so safe, since you apparently don't understand how Internet firewalls and Network Address Translation work. If you're getting a different IP address every day, that address is a private address that is used only by your company's internal network. I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut that your IP address is either 192.168.x.x or 172.16.x.x, or 10.x.x.x.

The IP address that Chiefsplanet sees is the public IP address of your Internet firewall, and that address doesn't change. It would be simple for a Chiefsplanet mod to ban that IP address. If you work for a company with thousands of employees you probably don't have to worry, because no mod at Chiefsplanet is going to ban an entire company because one guy is misbehaving. But if you work for a smaller company, you are fooling yourself if you think you are safe from an IP ban.

I figured this might be the case...but there are literally 4 free wifi networks with strong signal I can connect to. Right now I'm not even using my hotels wifi.

Hammock Parties 05-19-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

http://i.imgur.com/itrTqAU.gif

J Diddy 05-19-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9693131)
U wanna open up bruh?

Another thing your boyfriend will say.

Hootie 05-19-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9693121)
Closing the thread wouldn't have been my first choice.

I don't know about the history between you two. I like Gonzo and Lumpy. They are good people.

Have you ever been the admin of a website? You have any ideas how many pitching fits you have to moderate behind the scene's?

Hootie, I've stuck up for you on here., But name me any forum that allows the freedom that this board does?

DUDE

I STARTED A THREAD

SAYING I WAS GOING TO RANK ANYONE WHO POSTED BY THE PERCENTILE I PLACE THEM IN ON THIS WEBSITE

how in the **** does one even CONSIDER locking that thread?

especially considering the MVP, douche of the year, etc etc etc threads this site ALWAYS has

so in short

STFU

Bwana 05-19-2013 08:14 PM

Shocking

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...47/081/c6b.jpg

Hammock Parties 05-19-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9693132)
I figured this might be the case...but there are literally 4 free wifi networks with strong signal I can connect to. Right now I'm not even using my hotels wifi.

http://i.imgur.com/RPAs3p3.gif

Lex Luthor 05-19-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9693129)
He did nothing this time, seriously come on.

What do you mean, "seriously come on"?

I didn't say anything about whether or not he should be banned. I was just trying to educate him a little about TCP/IP addressing schemes and whether or not he is as "safe" as he thinks he is.

Planetman 05-19-2013 08:15 PM

Someone needs to get laid ... and banned ... not in that order.

kysirsoze 05-19-2013 08:15 PM

I don't think someone's being a "crying bitch" if they are actually the wronged party. Hootie's thread shouldn't have been closed. That's clear. AND closing caused more drama, which was the obvious outcome.

I know there is the argument about different restrictions on posters who have been problematic in the past, but even given that, closing the thread was a weird choice.

Thig Lyfe 05-19-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9692981)
longjohnsilvers.jpg

Peyton Manning

Hootie 05-19-2013 08:16 PM

yeah

I was SO wrong.

Quote:

Post in here, and I will tell you where I think you rank in terms of percentile on ChiefsPlanet.com. I will highlight your pros (if you have any) and cons and then most likely give you a recommendation on how much anti-freeze you should digest.

Alright...

GAME ON
I was just asking for it!!

Lex Luthor 05-19-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9693132)

The same thing applies. If a mod is determined to put an IP ban on you (and he knows his shit), he can put an IP ban on you. He might have to ban multiple IP addresses, and he might have to ban multiple proxy servers, but a determined moderator could ban you and make it stick.