ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Priest Holmes - NFL Deep Dive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341885)

ChiefsFanatic 01-15-2022 10:39 AM

Priest Holmes - NFL Deep Dive

So, since Priest is going to be banging the drum this weekend, I thought I would share this video from my phone.

I think if Darrell Williams scores a rushing TD on Sunday, he is should honor Holmes by doing the Priest Slide into the end zone.

https://youtu.be/ufKojy1du6g

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Halfcan 01-15-2022 11:40 AM

PH should be in the HOF. Best of his era.

Holladay 01-15-2022 12:17 PM

Nice post.

Always loved watching him play.

Amazing.

They should show that video to the HOF committee.

Bowser 01-15-2022 12:46 PM

1) It's easy to forget how good Priest was. We basically took him and that offense for granted back then for how they kept us in games and covered up how awful those defenses were

B) Carl Peterson was a goddamned ego maniac and an asshole

threebag 01-15-2022 12:49 PM

Priest Freaking Holmes, a true Chiefs Legend. He was so fun to watch play.

ChiefsFan123456 01-15-2022 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 16075264)
PH should be in the HOF. Best of his era.

I do not know if he has the stats to make it in the Hall of Fame but I will say that it is bullshit Terrell Davis got in mainly because of his Superbowl wins

Raiderhater 01-15-2022 01:24 PM

That was a fun [re]watch. Priest will always be one of my all time favorite Chiefs.

CoMoChief 01-15-2022 01:26 PM

Priest was fantastic. I remember when FFL really started to blow up during that time, and I was living in CoMo with a bunch of Chiefs/Rams fans. It was always fun fighting over who was gonna draft Priest and Faulk.

Pointer19 01-15-2022 02:06 PM

I was kinda upset when my grandma bought me a PH jersey that draped like a dress when I was so young.. now I'm thankful since I can still wear it!

Romeo64 01-15-2022 02:38 PM

Thanks for the video.
That brought back a lot of great memories.
Priest "freaking" Holmes!

Bob Dole 01-15-2022 02:45 PM

A signed Holmes jersey has been my game day attire for the past 3 years. It's got a pretty good record.

Frazod 01-15-2022 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 16075486)
That was a fun [re]watch. Priest will always be one of my all time favorite Chiefs.

It was cool, but also depressing. All that talent and they still didn't win a goddamn thing. :banghead:

Raiderhater 01-15-2022 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16075595)
It was cool, but also depressing. All that talent and they still didn't win a goddamn thing. :banghead:

Yeah, while watching it I was just trying to focus on his individual achievements and block out the rest of it. I would have bet the house we were SB bound in 2003 (thankfully I didn't have a house to bet). And the video left out Priest's only fumble of the season in that playoff loss. It was (is) hard to be mad at him when he put up a historic season with only the one fumble. But that one and only fumble came at the worst possible time.

Ultimately though - ****ing _efense. There was absolutely no reason he, nor the rest of the offense should have had to have been the epitome of perfection. One. ****ing. Stop. :#

Frazod 01-15-2022 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 16075616)
Yeah, while watching it I was just trying to focus on his individual achievements and block out the rest of it. I would have bet the house we were SB bound in 2003 (thankfully I didn't have a house to bet). And the video left out Priest's only fumble of the season in that playoff loss. It was (is) hard to be mad at him when he put up a historic season with only the one fumble. But that one and only fumble came at the worst possible time.

Ultimately though - ****ing _efense. There was absolutely no reason he, nor the rest of the offense should have had to have been the epitome of perfection. One. ****ing. Stop. :#

I think if we'd faced anybody else in the playoffs that year but those hellspawn Colts we'd have advanced. They were the only team capable of going punch for punch with us.

Demonpenz 01-15-2022 04:05 PM

Priest and that offensive line trich jasons dunn where fit each other