ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Cutting Cable. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319693)

Coogs 08-26-2019 04:23 AM

I have Dish Network, and have been searching around for ways to be able to cut ties with them. I was doing some research on Sling TV, and when I googled it I came across this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=slin...hrome&ie=UTF-8

They are owned by Dish Network.

jjchieffan 08-28-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 14407172)
If I understand correctly Disney is only including ESPN+.

Yeah, but ESPN plus allows you to stream Monday night football. I don't know what he was wanting it for, but, that's enough for me. Only time I watch ESPN any more is for MNF.

lewdog 08-28-2019 05:50 PM

How do I tell what game I’ll get regionally on Hulu Live, so I can figure out if I need to watch the Chiefs game at a bar on the 8th?

GloryDayz 08-28-2019 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14413360)
How do I tell what game I’ll get regionally on Hulu Live, so I can figure out if I need to watch the Chiefs game at a bar on the 8th?

There's a blackout link on this page, that might help:

https://help.hulu.com/s/article/nfl-...language=en_US

Chief Pagan 08-28-2019 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 14413341)
Yeah, but ESPN plus allows you to stream Monday night football. I don't know what he was wanting it for, but, that's enough for me. Only time I watch ESPN any more is for MNF.

Yeah. I can see that. I need all the channels for Jayhawk basketball.

You used to be able to watch the college BB free shortly after they finished on the rewind streaming but they got rid of that.

For streaming to a Windows desktop, is YTTV the cheapest option?

jjchieffan 08-31-2019 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 14413587)
Yeah. I can see that. I need all the channels for Jayhawk basketball.

You used to be able to watch the college BB free shortly after they finished on the rewind streaming but they got rid of that.

For streaming to a Windows desktop, is YTTV the cheapest option?

YouTube is about the same as the others. The cheapest is Sling if you can get by with just blue or just Orange. They are only $25 each or $40 for both. Most of the rest are around $50/ month now.

Coogs 10-05-2019 12:06 PM

I need some help.

I have a 65" Samsung TV. It has as app for Youtube TV. I wanted to try the 5 day free trial. When I clicked on the app and selected the free trial, it directed me to go to my computer, log in to my google account, go to the youtube tv site and create an account using the promo code that was on my TV. I did all of this, and now am on my free trial... on my computer. I want to be able to click on the app on my samsung tv and be able to watch it there. Can anyone help me with what I need to do to watch this on my TV?

DaFace 10-05-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 14500243)
I need some help.

I have a 65" Samsung TV. It has as app for Youtube TV. I wanted to try the 5 day free trial. When I clicked on the app and selected the free trial, it directed me to go to my computer, log in to my google account, go to the youtube tv site and create an account using the promo code that was on my TV. I did all of this, and now am on my free trial... on my computer. I want to be able to click on the app on my samsung tv and be able to watch it there. Can anyone help me with what I need to do to watch this on my TV?

Typically you either log in to your Google account on the TV, or it might give you a code to "activate" on your computer. Regardless, try the app on the TV again and see what options you have to sign in or activate.

Coogs 10-05-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14500252)
Typically you either log in to your Google account on the TV, or it might give you a code to "activate" on your computer. Regardless, try the app on the TV again and see what options you have to sign in or activate.

That worked. Thank you DaFace! :toast:

Coogs 10-14-2019 04:06 PM

After probably 20 years as a customer, I just kicked Dish Network to the curb.

BTW they are charging me $15 to ship them back their equipment. Pricks!!!

BryanBusby 10-14-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 14525750)

Lmao wow. Not even ATT were that shitty when I cancelled them.

Coogs 10-14-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14525770)
Lmao wow. Not even ATT were that shitty when I cancelled them.

Bastages! Probably averaged $100 a month for 20 years. At least. Probably close to $25 Grand over the years. Getting close to 2 grand a year lately.

displacedinMN 10-15-2019 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 14525750)

Too bad no one does postage due.

rabblerouser 10-18-2019 07:46 AM

I can get a jailbroke firestick with EVERYTHING on it. So I'm thinking of cutting the cord

warrior 10-29-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14536770)
I can get a jailbroke firestick with EVERYTHING on it. So I'm thinking of cutting the cord

Did you do this- I would like info on the jailbroken firestick from someone who's had one