ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2019 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321710)

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14170186)
The way that Veach attacked this offseason....he's either preparing to trade up and get the player that he wants in the 1st round (DE) or he's fine with taking the BPA available at 29....even if it's an offensive player.

Yeah, but then the mother****er got drunk during the first round and missed his trade-up opportunities.

So all he had left was relatively fungible talent at higher priority positions or the one remaining blue-chipper at a less dynamic spot.

Next time don't pass out and miss the draft, Veach.

The Franchise 03-20-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170189)
Yeah, but then the mother****er got drunk during the first round and missed his trade-up opportunities.

So all he had left was relatively fungible talent at higher priority positions or the one remaining blue-chipper at a less dynamic spot.

Next time don't pass out and miss the draft, Veach.

But don't tell me that if we allowed trades in this thing.....that you wouldn't have already made your pick around #17-18 and picked Ferrell.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14170198)
But don't tell me that if we allowed trades in this thing.....that you wouldn't have already made your pick around #17-18 and picked Ferrell.

Well yeah, had Veach not passed out around the 5th pick, that's exactly what would've happened (I think...your double negatives confuse me. I'm just a caveman).

I'd have been done with this round a looooong time ago.

Ferrell would be a Chief right now in my world and I'd be doing some serious interviews with Michael Jordan out of OSU to see if he's worth grabbing in the 3rd. I doubt Jenkins would make it that far (hell, he may not see our 2nds) and I'm certain McCoy wouldn't.

I do think OL needs to be addressed in some fashion in the first 2 days.

RunKC 03-20-2019 09:49 AM

Might want to forget about Ferrell DJ. Unfortunately I think that guy is a borderline top 15 pick. Hard to see him being there at 20.

O.city 03-20-2019 09:53 AM

The Titans at 19 might be the place to start looking for your trade up if someone you want is falling there.

The 19th pick would be worth about 875, so our first, one of the 2nds and next years 4th would probably get it done.

Problem is our 2nds are so god damn low in the round.

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 09:53 AM

I’ll say it: I’d rather take a WR or TE than a center

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14170220)
Might want to forget about Ferrell DJ. Unfortunately I think that guy is a borderline top 15 pick. Hard to see him being there at 20.

Maybe. Even probably.

But there's an interesting thing I've noticed recently - scheme versatility gets guys paid. It gets guys overdrafted, in fact.

And I'm not sure I see Ferrell as being as scheme versatile as some. Now he's absolutely ideal for what it appears we're trying to do, but that doesn't mean much to anyone else's draft board.

But you're right - it just takes one GM in the teens to fall in love and !@#$ us over. But when a guy sure looks like a pure 4-3 player, that takes more teams out of the running that we realize. And it makes some teams that might be considering him (but who may not be sold on their present system for the next 5 years) wary of him as well.

Maybe he'd be a better 3-4 player than I'm giving him credit for, but to me that's a 4-3 DE all day, every day. And that makes the market for him just limited enough that he might slip into our range.

O.city 03-20-2019 09:53 AM

One thing to think about with the 2 2nds would be packaging them together to maybe get up in the top of the 2nd and get someone you like that's falling.

The Franchise 03-20-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Everyone says that....but everyone forgets that almost half of the GMs in the league are borderline mouth breathers. Guys fall all the time and teams get damn good players at the bottom of the 1st round.

And then you have to factor in that Veach isn't afraid to go get "his guy. It could be the right choice....it could be the wrong choice....but from what we've seen so far....Veach is at the very least....aggressive.

O.city 03-20-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14170233)

Easy there Matt Millen

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14170233)

Well my options there were Irv Smith, Harry, Butler, or Brown(squared).

Irv Smith's out at that point, I think. And the other 4...well, I only had one pick and I think I'm inclined to just double down on the organizational capital we have already plowed into Hill and Watkins rather than simply look to layer them already.

That could be a bad decision. We shall see.

staylor26 03-20-2019 09:56 AM

Somebody should just pick for the Raiders.

Not to sound like a dick, but if you know you have a pick coming up very soon after you just made one, it shouldn’t take this long. If you’re going to be away for a while just send somebody your top 3-5.

TambaBerry 03-20-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

you take that back

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14170245)
Somebody should just pick for the Raiders.

Not to sound like a dick, but if you know you have a pick coming up very soon after you just made one, it shouldn’t take this long. If you’re going to be away for a while just send somebody your top 3-5.

He'd have probably fisted me again, so I'm glad he's sleeping in...

RunKC 03-20-2019 09:58 AM

Veach is so trading up. I just hope he doesn’t use a 2020 1st to do it.

Quote:

Kansas City Chiefs

Round 1 Pick: No. 29

The Kansas City Chiefs are slotted near the end of the draft's first night, but general manager Brett Veach is one of the league's most aggressive movers. Primed with pick Nos. 61 and 63 in the second round, plus an extra second-rounder in 2020, they're in great shape to move up for a premier pass-rusher.

How large a jump would be necessary to land someone like Brian Burns?

When the team moved up to get Patrick Mahomes II in 2017, it sent a third-round pick and future first-rounder to elevate from No. 27 to No. 10. Could Veach package No. 29, No. 93 and next year's first to get into a similar spot for a top-tier pass-rusher?

With four picks in the top 100 and the extra 2020 second-rounder, Kansas City has the ammo to do so.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e=other#slide3