ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Skyy Moore (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=343121)

Titty Meat 03-23-2022 07:52 PM

Skyy Moore

The #Chiefs, I’m told, are highly intrigued by Skyy Moore, the Western Michigan standout who had a tremendous combine performance.

Personally not impressed by him at all

kcbubb 03-27-2022 07:44 PM

Probably a little better than Pringle?

louie aguiar 03-29-2022 09:02 PM

Fwiw, Bucky brooks has us taking Moore with pick 29. That seemed a round early to me.

staylor26 03-29-2022 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie aguiar (Post 16223427)
Fwiw, Bucky brooks has us taking Moore with pick 29. That seemed a round early to me.

Nah, he’s likely gone before pick 50 IMO.

Maybe a little early, but if they won’t be there at your next pick, it’s not a reach.

Chris Meck 03-29-2022 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16223429)

Maybe a little early, but if they won’t be there at your next pick, it’s not a reach.

he's like...the same guy as Dotson. So I don't get it here either.

I fully admit I am but a humble armchair youtube scout, and I am not a genius prognosticator but if you're gonna take a small school wideout on the chance they can make the jump, wouldn't you take the kid that's 6'4", 215, and runs a 4.3?

staylor26 03-29-2022 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16223433)
he's like...the same guy as Dotson. So I don't get it here either.

I fully admit I am but a humble armchair youtube scout, and I am not a genius prognosticator but if you're gonna take a small school wideout on the chance they can make the jump, wouldn't you take the kid that's 6'4", 215, and runs a 4.3?

I’d prefer Watson, but Moore is a good prospect in his own right.

I think he’s more comparable to Olave than Dotson.

Great route runner, fast, and elusive after the catch (led FBS with 26 tackles last year for a WR).

I think a lot of these WRs are all very close in terms of grades, it’s just a matter of what flavor of ice cream the Chiefs are looking for.

Chris Meck 03-29-2022 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16223439)
I’d prefer Watson, but Moore is a good prospect in his own right.

I think he’s more comparable to Olave than Dotson.

Great route runner, fast, and elusive after the catch (led FBS with 26 tackles last year for a WR).

I think a lot of these WRs are all very close in terms of grades, it’s just a matter of what flavor of ice cream the Chiefs are looking for.

Let's just take two DL and two WR's in the first two rounds and call it good.

kcbubb 03-29-2022 10:02 PM

If you’re draft two wrs, why not just use that 2nd pick and move up and get a great wr? Sign a cheap free agent if want another guy. Would you rather have two good wrs or one great one?

Titty Meat 03-29-2022 10:59 PM

Quote:

The boner I'm starting to get for Ojabo is real. Like I'm thinking I would come up off 1 of the firsts and a 3rd if we had to move up a little bit to get him

JPH83 03-30-2022 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 16223474)
If you’re draft two wrs, why not just use that 2nd pick and move up and get a great wr? Sign a cheap free agent if want another guy. Would you rather have two good wrs or one great one?

This is kinda my feeling. I know a lot of guys here are pretty averse to that but I'd be fine with us going up to get Williams. I get the reluctance, there's a lot of picks we could use to really add depth, and one of these Moore, Watson, Dotson types is going to be great without having to go up. It just feels like much more of a lottery.

My, slight, preference is probably to trade up and give Mahomes as many elite playmakers as possible. But I'd be OK with Moore at 30 I think - it's too early and I'd prefer him at 50, but it's not a massive reach imo.

Chris Meck 03-30-2022 06:50 AM

Quote:

Honestly? I think I'd rather have two good ones.

We've seen teams scheme to take away one.

You can't scheme to take away two PLUS Kelce.

Toad 03-30-2022 11:39 AM

Hypothetically, if small school guys Watson and Moore are there at 50, hands down for me it’s Watson. Moore is fast straight-line (4.41) but his issue is his 3 cone, shuttle and height were all “very poor”.

htismaqe 03-30-2022 11:41 AM

Quote:

All of the WR's have question marks in this draft. There's no Chase in this draft.

BossChief 03-30-2022 01:18 PM

I think Skyy could end up the best WR in this draft class and a sleeper pick at 29/30.

BossChief 03-30-2022 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16223508)
The boner I'm starting to get for Ojabo is real. Like I'm thinking I would come up off 1 of the firsts and a 3rd if we had to move up a little bit to get him

I would be happy with it if we used next years 3rd to move up, but I wouldn’t be very mad if we used this years. He’s going to be a total stud in a Spags defense with this coaching once he heals if he’s able to keep his same “get off” and closing ability.

DJ's left nut 03-30-2022 01:47 PM

Is this another of those "talk ourselves into this guy in the 1st" threads?

Because this guy ain't a first round talent.

If he's the best WR on your board there - don't take a WR. And if it means someone ELSE reaches on him instead, so be it.

DJ's left nut 03-30-2022 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 16224452)
I think Skyy could end up the best WR in this draft class and a sleeper pick at 29/30.

Did Garrett Wilson die?

Moreover, what has this guy EVER done better than Chris Olave?

DJ's left nut 03-30-2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad (Post 16224255)
Hypothetically, if small school guys Watson and Moore are there at 50, hands down for me it’s Watson. Moore is fast straight-line (4.41) but his issue is his 3 cone, shuttle and height were all “very poor”.

At least he makes up for it with a poor vertical.

I don't get this at all. I wouldn't take this dude in the 2nd, let alone the freakin' first.

I'd take Calvin Austin over Moore 100 times out of 100.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest this guy is a legitimate target for the Chiefs in the 1st and in all likelihood not even the 2nd.

Toad 03-30-2022 02:16 PM

I’m there as well.

JPH83 03-30-2022 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16224513)

I don't get this at all. I wouldn't take this dude in the 2nd, let alone the freakin' first.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest this guy is a legitimate target for the Chiefs in the 1st and in all likelihood not even the 2nd.

...he's not 5" 7" is probably the starting point. I like Austin, but he's a midget. I could absolutely see Moore being a bust, but he's got excellent hands, is pretty shifty, runs diverse routes well. Austin could be excellent, or like pretty much everyone at that size he could be pressed to death and do nothing. Ceiling might be higher but I don't know how many teams take that chance.

BossChief 03-31-2022 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16224503)
Did Garrett Wilson die?

Moreover, what has this guy EVER done better than Chris Olave?

The difference in true opportunities is vastly different between the 2.

I may end up losing this one, but I watched some videos of Skyy and he was separating on every route ran and seems very effective with the ball in his hands, as well.

There isn’t a ton of info on him though, so maybe I’ve been duped by small sample sizes of videos. I trust my eyes too much sometimes.

staylor26 04-20-2022 10:26 PM

I feel like this guy gets way too much disrespect on here.

He’s only been playing the position for a couple years, and he’s already a very good route runner at just 21 years old. That’s pretty much unheard of. Guys that are new to the position are almost always below average route runners.

He can also go up and get it at 5’10” 195lbs.

Dude also led the FBS with 26 broken tackles in 2021. He can play through contact for a smaller guy.

There are certainly guys I prefer over him like Pickens, but I don’t think he would be a terrible pick in the 1st, and he would be an excellent pick if he somehow fell to 50.

BryanBusby 04-20-2022 10:55 PM

I think it's more that this class is just so ****ing deep. In a normal draft, this guy is a first round discussion.

Chargem 04-21-2022 12:15 AM

I think people are craving that "number 1 receiver" upside, which he doesn't have? But I agree, think he will be a good NFL receiver

Nightfyre 04-21-2022 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16254979)

He’s only been playing the position for a couple years, and he’s already a very good route runner at just 21 years old. That’s pretty much unheard of. Guys that are new to the position are almost always below average route runners.

Dude also led the FBS with 26 broken tackles in 2021. He can play through contact for a smaller guy.

There are certainly guys I prefer over him like Pickens, but I don’t think he would be a terrible pick in the 1st, and he would be an excellent pick if he somehow fell to 50.

I would take Moore at 50. When I watch him, I see Julian Edelman. I wouldn't want to spend a first on Edelman, but I can see why some teams would.

kccrow 04-21-2022 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 16255050)
I would take Moore at 50. When I watch him, I see Julian Edelman. I wouldn't want to spend a first on Edelman, but I can see why some teams would.

I see Golden Tate, and if you get the Tate that played in Detroit then you have a fine WR.

Nightfyre 04-21-2022 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 16255052)
I see Golden Tate, and if you get the Tate that played in Detroit then you have a fine WR.

I could see that too. The problem to me is projecting his productivity against nfl level competition when the only thing that we can watch is smaller time. Also his QB was exceptional at their level. Tough to project what he will do. If I am going to take risk on projecting someone, I may as well take a higher upside players. I am just not first round high on him.

JPH83 04-21-2022 01:15 AM

Quote:

I agree, I don't think his ceiling is that high, and I'm not sure he's entirely bust-proof either - but he's in that group it's hard to see not adding value. I get the argument there's nothing he does exceptionally well, apart from possibly his hands, but there's nothing he does poorly imo. Good separator, pretty quick, excellent hands, good YAC. Is he a R1? Maybe not, but is it an egregious pick there if the top 5 or 6 are gone and there's no obvious DE or CB left, probably not.

It's the back end of the first, you might get a top talent, you might get a R2 talent. I think he's definitely the latter at least

farmerchief 04-21-2022 06:02 AM

Quote:

In the mock drafts Ive been in, he's always gone by pick 50, but it could depend on who's draft simulator you are running? Id love to get him at 50. I agree with the earlier comment comparing him to Edelman, thats probably his topside, but thats not bad. Id like to have Pickens at 30 and Moore later, but never happens in my mocks.

ModSocks 04-21-2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16224513)

This. Was watching him more closely last night, and imo, this is a 3rd round WR. Calvin Austin over Skyy Moore everyday and twice on Sunday.

ModSocks 04-21-2022 09:53 AM

Quote:

In the 1st?

Oh **** he'd be an AWFUL pick in the 1st. I would lose my shit. I don't even want him in the 2nd.

ModSocks 04-21-2022 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 16255050)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 16255052)

I see a guy who doesn't play as fast as he times, and who was routinely well covered by FBS DB's that won't even sniff the NFL.

staylor26 04-21-2022 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16255323)
In the 1st?

Oh **** he'd be an AWFUL pick in the 1st. I would lose my shit. I don't even want him in the 2nd.

Fully disagree.

It would be a bit underwhelming, but not a terrible pick.

Again, we’re talking about a very young guy that is new to the position, yet just seems to be a natural at the position when it comes to things like route running and going up to get the football.

staylor26 04-21-2022 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16255326)
I see a guy who doesn't play as fast as he times, and who was routinely well covered by FBS DB's that won't even sniff the NFL.

That’s simply just not true.

ModSocks 04-21-2022 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16255353)
That’s simply just not true.

It's very true. Yup, we are no doubt on the opposite ends of this one.

O.city 04-21-2022 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16255350)
Fully disagree.

It would be a bit underwhelming, but not a terrible pick.

Again, we’re talking about a very young guy that is new to the position, yet just seems to be a natural at the position when it comes to things like route running and going up to get the football.

Wait, you'd wanna pick him in the first round?

ModSocks 04-21-2022 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16255350)

As a 1st? It'd be a terrible pick. You're describing a 3rd round prospect.

There's really nothing elite about his game, and i was watching FBS db's run with him downfield and force him into contested catches. I don't believe he plays to 4.41 speed.

A 5-10" WR that can't run away from FBS's DB's. Not interested in the 1st 2 rounds. Not really interested at all tbh.

I can't really identify what it is that he's going to do well on the NFL level.

staylor26 04-21-2022 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16255359)
Wait, you'd wanna pick him in the first round?

No, but I think it’s more of a possibility than people realize, and I wouldn’t completely hate it.

staylor26 04-21-2022 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16255363)
As a 1st? It'd be a terrible pick. You're describing a 3rd round prospect.

There's really nothing elite about his game, and i was watching FBS db's run with him downfield and force him into contested catches. I don't believe he plays to 4.41 speed.

A 5-10" WR that can't run away from FBS's DB's. Not interested in the 1st 2 rounds. Not really interested at all tbh.

I can't really identify what it is that he's going to do well on the NFL level.

Dude had 1,200 yards and 10 TDs. He led the FBS with 26 broken tackles. You’re talking like he wasn’t productive, when he was pretty dominant at that level.

I don’t think he’s a high upside guy, but he’s got a very high floor, and fits the offense.

I think he’s a Tyler Lockett caliber player, which is great on a rookie deal.

Again, I personally wouldn’t take him before 50 though.

poolboy 04-21-2022 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16211172)
The #Chiefs, I’m told, are highly intrigued by Skyy Moore, the Western Michigan standout who had a tremendous combine performance.

Personally not impressed by him at all

They are trying to bait some other team to take him before they pick
Why else would this come out?
9K chess going on

RunKC 04-21-2022 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16255377)
Dude had 1,200 yards and 10 TDs. He led the FBS with 26 broken tackles. You’re talking like he wasn’t productive, when he was pretty dominant at that level.

I don’t think he’s a high upside guy, but he’s got a very high floor, and fits the offense.

Apparently a WR with the height of Danny DeVito and the weight of an average teenager is gonna be able to play outside.

I just don’t see Calvin Austin being an outside threat at the next level. He’s Mecole Hardman gadget/slot IMO

DJ's left nut 04-21-2022 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16255319)
This. Was watching him more closely last night, and imo, this is a 3rd round WR. Calvin Austin over Skyy Moore everyday and twice on Sunday.

Would really hate Moore in the 1st round.

A lot.

With the late second? Sure.

But man, I just don't see what some of y'all are seeing. I don't see a guy who's big enough to be the X we want long-term, quick enough to be a dynamic player in the slot or large enough to be a red-zone threat.

I see a really REALLY fungible player here with no real standout skills. He's...fine. He's a low ceiling, relatively high floor, depth WR on a good team. I just don't really understand what I'm missing with him.

But ultimately I think that horse has been beaten to death so I guess we just let it play out.

DJ's left nut 04-21-2022 02:22 PM

Quote:

Sounds like we're probably in each other's ballpark.

I think Lockett is what happens when this kind of player develops to the absolute peak of his ability. Locket is Moore's top 1% scenario. But it's not like there's a shortage of sub 6ft WRs who run a 4.4 and have okay agility scores.

So to put him on that sort of development arc is pretty damn aggressive. I don't think we can confidently say anything like that is going to happen. He's just as likely (in fact significantly more likely) to be Andy Isabella. Sure looks a LOT like Keke Coutee to me.

I just don't see the ceiling to justify that sort of capital. And ultimately I'd be shocked if he's my favorite guy at 50. Honestly, from your relatively tepid comments, I'd be surprised if that's the case for you as well.

You may be willing to 'consider' him at 50 - but dollars to donuts says that when that pick comes up there are at least 3 guys on the board you'll like more than him.

I just can't see it. I'd consider him a necessary evil at 62 and wouldn't consider him a real 'value' play until the back of the 3rd. And I'm guessing that's also how long it will take for me to look at my board and see him at the top of it.

wachashi 04-22-2022 07:32 AM

I get Albert Wilson vibes watching Skyy Moore highlights.

TambaBerry 04-22-2022 07:35 AM

I wouldn't be pissed but I wouldn't be happy if they take him in the first

Chris Meck 04-22-2022 08:30 AM

I just see a third option possession receiver here.

There are no elite traits. I see a guy that might move the chains some as defenses are occupied with more elite talents, but I don't see a guy that's a problem in and of himself.

DJ's left nut 04-22-2022 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 16256782)
I wouldn't be pissed but I wouldn't be happy if they take him in the first

I'd be awfully pissed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16256841)
I just see a third option possession receiver here.

There are no elite traits. I see a guy that might move the chains some as defenses are occupied with more elite talents, but I don't see a guy that's a problem in and of himself.

This is why.

There's nothing standout about Moore. He was a third round prospect for most (and not even an early 3rd rounder at that) a mere month ago. Nothing's changed. His 40 time wasn't anything that was unexpected and if anything his disappointing 3-cone time should've hurt him.

Instead the WRs have pushed up the draft board as the market went crazy in FA and then dried out altogether.

He didn't become a better player - it's just that the perceived value of the position in the draft got bigger.

Chasing the dragon here is NOT what we want to be doing. Moore in the first would be a pure desperation play and Veach allowing external factors to influence his draft board. That just shouldn't be how you conduct the draft. If the Chiefs take Moore I do not believe it will be because they think he's a potentially standout player. It will be because they're overreacting to the market outside the draft.

It will be a really bad sign as to our draft philosophy, IMO.

RunKC 04-22-2022 08:40 AM

Yeah I’m a fan of this kid and would be pissed if we draft him in the first rd. 50 would be fine

O.city 04-22-2022 08:51 AM

Yeah, I'd not take him at 50 either. There's a guy like him in every draft it seems.

DJ's left nut 04-22-2022 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16256904)
Yeah, I'd not take him at 50 either. There's a guy like him in every draft it seems.

That's why its almost difficult to pick a sort of 'bottom 10%' outcome player for him. Or hell, even a middle of the bell curve guy.

Because he's SUPER fungible. There are literally hundreds of guys to choose from and for that bottom quartile, you haven't heard of any of them because they just never amounted to dick.

I think Coutee as the middle of his bell curve is actually pretty damn fair. Coutee was just as productive in college, athletically extremely similar and very similar in build and playing style.

And the guy was a 4th round pick. He went after Dorian O'Daniel, FFS.

And I can't even squint and figure out what makes Moore a better prospect than Coutee was. It's 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other.

I just don't get it. I think this is maybe a 3rd round player.

DJ's left nut 04-22-2022 09:11 AM

Quote:

3rd time you referenced that in this thread and at his size I simply don't see it as a translatable skill-set.

The guy breaks tackles in the FBS because of the competition he was playing. This guy wasn't running through Power 5 defensive backs and linebackers out there. He was shucking off dudes from Akron and Eastern Michigan.

Breaking a tackle in the MAC just isn't the same thing as doing it with NFL caliber speed/strength chasing you. And Moore sure looks maxed out physically so the guy's he's going against will be stronger and more athletic while he'll be the same guy.

Again, if I'm taking someone from a mid-major, what possible reason would I have to take Moore over even Jalen Tolbert who's bigger, more athletic and was more productive against the same level of competition?

I just cannot for the life of me understand what makes this guy stand out. Why would we EVER take him ahead of someone like Metchie who was dominant against the highest levels of competition over a couple of seasons? And yet Metchie is suddenly an afterthought while Moore is getting first round buzz?

I'm just not buying it.

staylor26 04-22-2022 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16256952)
3rd time you referenced that in this thread and at his size I simply don't see it as a translatable skill-set.

The guy breaks tackles in the FBS because of the competition he was playing. This guy wasn't running through Power 5 defensive backs and linebackers out there. He was shucking off dudes from Akron and Eastern Michigan.

Breaking a tackle in the MAC just isn't the same thing as doing it with NFL caliber speed/strength chasing you. And Moore sure looks maxed out physically so the guy's he's going against will be stronger and more athletic while he'll be the same guy.

Again, if I'm taking someone from a mid-major, what possible reason would I have to take Moore over even Jalen Tolbert who's bigger, more athletic and was more productive against the same level of competition?

I just cannot for the life of me understand what makes this guy stand out. Why would we EVER take him ahead of someone like Metchie who was dominant against the highest levels of competition over a couple of seasons? And yet Metchie is suddenly an afterthought while Moore is getting first round buzz?

I'm just not buying it.

I keep referencing that because it’s a relevant statistic for a guy his size.

Again, it tells me he can play probably play through contact. That’s the biggest takeaway, not that he’s going to be breaking tackles at that rate at the NFL level.

I don’t love the guy, not even at 50, but I think many of you are being way too harsh. Agree to disagree though.

DJ's left nut 04-22-2022 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16256980)
I keep referencing that because it’s a relevant statistic for a guy his size.

Again, it tells me he can play probably play through contact. That’s the biggest takeaway, not that he’s going to be breaking tackles at that rate at the NFL level.

I don’t love the guy, not even at 50, but I think many of you are being way too harsh. Agree to disagree though.

So if we're sitting at 62, haven't taken a WR yet and Moore and Tolbert are sitting there as the consensus best wideout options left, what's your call?

The Franchise 04-22-2022 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16257014)
So if we're sitting at 62, haven't taken a WR yet and Moore and Tolbert are sitting there as the consensus best wideout options left, what's your call?

Tolbert every single time.

staylor26 04-22-2022 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16257014)

I’d go with Tolbert, but I don’t suspect the Chiefs would.

And I think they’re much closer than you do.

DJ's left nut 04-22-2022 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16257025)
I’d go with Tolbert, but I don’t suspect the Chiefs would.

And I think they’re much closer than you do.

I don't actually think they're that far apart.

I think they're both guys I'd probably start to consider good values in the 3rd. And either could be (depending on the board) justifiable decisions with the late 2nd.

But I prefer Tolbert in that scenario as well. I think you trade a little bit of floor but get a fair amount more ceiling.

Like I said a few posts back - I don't actually think we're terribly far apart. I just kinda feel like you're bracing yourself for bad news and are trying to talk yourself into a pick you think has a good chance of happening.

I'm hopeful that it won't and am trusting Veach not to make that mistake.

DJ's left nut 04-22-2022 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16257019)

Agreed. And I'd have Watson over him (I think) as well. I mean at that point we're talking about, what, my 9th favorite WR prospect? Something like that anyway. Hell, as I start to run through names, he probably doesn't crack my top 10.

Wilson
Williams
Olave
Burks
London
Metchie
Dotson
Pickens
Tolbert
Austin
Watson
Pierce
Moore

That's all the way down at 13 (and yes, I recognize I'm probably the high man on Austin; just love that stop/start ability). And I see him far closer to guys being viewed as 3rd day possibilities like Wan'Dale Robinson, Romeo Doubs and Khalil Shakir than I do the first round guys.

staylor26 04-22-2022 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16257042)
I don't actually think they're that far apart.

I think they're both guys I'd probably start to consider good values in the 3rd. And either could be (depending on the board) justifiable decisions with the late 2nd.

But I prefer Tolbert in that scenario as well. I think you trade a little bit of floor but get a fair amount more ceiling.

Like I said a few posts back - I don't actually think we're terribly far apart. I just kinda feel like you're bracing yourself for bad news and are trying to talk yourself into a pick you think has a good chance of happening.

I'm hopeful that it won't and am trusting Veach not to make that mistake.

Oh I’ve already said that it would be an underwhelming pick, but it’s one I would understand, and I absolutely think he would exceed our expectations.

The problem is there just isn’t a lot of tape on these guys. I’m not nearly as confident in my evaluation based on a highlight reel and a game or two.

He’s clearly one of those guys that those who have more tape on him are higher on.

And when you combine his age with how little time he’s had at the position, route running, ball skills, etc. I can see why.

Chris Meck 04-23-2022 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16257053)
Agreed. And I'd have Watson over him (I think) as well. I mean at that point we're talking about, what, my 9th favorite WR prospect? Something like that anyway. Hell, as I start to run through names, he probably doesn't crack my top 10.

Wilson
Williams
Olave
Burks
London
Metchie
Dotson
Pickens
Tolbert
Austin
Watson
Pierce
Moore

That's all the way down at 13 (and yes, I recognize I'm probably the high man on Austin; just love that stop/start ability). And I see him far closer to guys being viewed as 3rd day possibilities like Wan'Dale Robinson, Romeo Doubs and Khalil Shakir than I do the first round guys.

I would MOSTLY agree with your rankings, other than I'd have Pierce, Watson, and Pickens all together and right in front of Metchie.

and I do not understand why anyone thinks Drake London is such a great prospect. I think he's got BUST written all over him. Big, slow, plodding WR's that don't separate don't get me excited.

chiefforlife 04-23-2022 08:16 AM

I mostly agree as well. The WRs I would love the Chiefs to draft.

Jameson Williams
Treylon Burks
George Pickens
Christian Watson
Pierce

I dont care where any of these guys were drafted, I want one or even two!

Only because DJ has pounded the table so hard, Id be ok with Austin somewhere as well.

Id take any of the top guys except:

Drake London - NO
Metchie = NO
Dotson = NO
Moore = NO

kcbubb 04-23-2022 01:47 PM

Interesting. How would you group them? A, B & C…. What’s the tiers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16257053)

Wilson
Williams
Olave
Burks
London
Metchie
Dotson
Pickens
Tolbert
Austin
Watson
Pierce
Moore

Chris Meck 04-23-2022 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 16258397)

Id take any of the top guys except:

Drake London - NO
Metchie = NO
Dotson = NO
Moore = NO

Whoa now.

One of these things is not like the others.

If you've got Williams on your board, you've got Metchie on your board. And you absolutely should.

If we get Metchie, I'm thrilled. And you would be too, very soon.

chiefforlife 04-23-2022 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16258709)
Whoa now.

If you've got Williams on your board, you've got Metchie on your board. And you absolutely should.

Probably right. If the Chiefs draft him I will certainly defer to them and be excited.

Just watching the guys on that list some didnt do it for me but what do I know?

DJ's left nut 04-25-2022 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16258370)
I would MOSTLY agree with your rankings, other than I'd have Pierce, Watson, and Pickens all together and right in front of Metchie.

and I do not understand why anyone thinks Drake London is such a great prospect. I think he's got BUST written all over him. Big, slow, plodding WR's that don't separate don't get me excited.

I'm pretty down on London personally as well. Ultimately I have him where I have him more as an acknowledgement that I could be wrong more than anything. A lot of fairly smart people don't see the lack of separation I do. They see more fluidity than I see. Hell, they see the guy as a possible top 5 pick and the nearest thing we've had to Julio Jones in awhile.

So I'm splitting the baby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 16258679)
Interesting. How would you group them? A, B & C…. What’s the tiers?

Burks
London

Metchie
Dotson-------Would be fine taking at 50; value at the back of 2
Pickens

Pierce
Moore-------3rd round picks

And ultimately some of these guys I think you could game a bit. I think Austin is more likely to all into the 3rd so if you want to take 2 complementary guys, target Tolbert at the back of 2 and hope for Austin to slip. Then again, Austin has the most unique skill set and Tolbert has some guys who are very similar to him in Pierce, Moore and even Watson. So if you have a plan for Austin, take him at the back of 2 and whatever of the 3 similar guys you have left on your board in 3.

And again, someone like London is ranked 'in a vacuum' and if he were there at the back of the 1st, I guess I'd gamble on him because of the tool set, but I don't love him as a prospect. I just have a hard time saying he ISN'T a 1st round talent.

DJ's left nut 04-25-2022 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16258709)
Whoa now.

Yeah, I think Metchie has unfairly fallen off the radar.

He is a PERFECT X receiver in this system. I mean just freaking built in a lab for the role. And he's right up there with those other guys but/for the injury, and I think he'll recover from that just fine.

Metchie is very possibly my favorite combination of athleticism and physicality in this draft. I think people are sleeping on him and I'd love to see us snap him up. He'll have a long career as a top shelf #2 WR and tick of 70-80 catch, 1,000 yard seasons like they're nothing during his prime.

staylor26 04-25-2022 01:04 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/WMU_Football?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@WMU_Football</a> WR Skyy Moore’s upside, as told from a lead NFL scout: “The more tape you watch, the more you like him. Former high school QB whose strong, compact frame allows him to break a ton of tackles. Can play in the slot and outside. He’s always open.”</p>&mdash; Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) <a href="https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1518645028050112518?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 25, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DJ's left nut 04-25-2022 01:42 PM

Smoooooooooke screeeeeeeeen.

There's essentially zero tape out there on him so GMs are hyping him up because there's nothing readily available to call it obviously asinine. This is the guy they've picked as their sacrificial lamb this season in the hopes that the player they actually want slides.

kccrow 04-25-2022 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16261154)
Smoooooooooke screeeeeeeeen.

There's essentially zero tape out there on him so GMs are hyping him up because there's nothing readily available to call it obviously asinine. This is the guy they've picked as their sacrificial lamb this season in the hopes that the player they actually want slides.

So GMs just scour the interwebs for tape on players and don't have any scouts either? Come on DJ, they have all the tape they want on this kid.

Do you think Western Michigan is some community college in the sticks that have no tape on players? I mean, Corey Davis went 5th overall. Jason Babin went 27th overall. D'Wayne Eskridge and Greg Jennings were 2nd rounders in the 50's. Taylor Moton is a pretty good 2nd rounder. Chuk Okafor is starting as a 3rd rounder. Nah, no team would have tape on Skyy Moore, it's impossible.

Moore is damned good, especially on those shallow crossers and quick slants. If Eleby could make more than a single read, his stats would be insane. Don't matter, if KC doesn't pick him by 50 he probably gets taken by his friend in Mike Tomlin in Pittsburgh shortly after.

Chris Meck 04-25-2022 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16260473)
Yeah, I think Metchie has unfairly fallen off the radar.

He is a PERFECT X receiver in this system. I mean just freaking built in a lab for the role. And he's right up there with those other guys but/for the injury, and I think he'll recover from that just fine.

Metchie is very possibly my favorite combination of athleticism and physicality in this draft. I think people are sleeping on him and I'd love to see us snap him up. He'll have a long career as a top shelf #2 WR and tick of 70-80 catch, 1,000 yard seasons like they're nothing during his prime.

at 5'11", 187? I don't know about that. I think he's a perfect 'Z' with that speed.

JPH83 04-26-2022 01:06 AM

[QUOTE=kccrow;16261683]So GMs just scour the interwebs for tape on players and don't have any scouts either? Come on DJ, they have all the tape they want on this kid.

Do you think Western Michigan is some community college in the sticks that have no tape on players? I mean, Corey Davis went 5th overall. Jason Babin went 27th overall. D'Wayne Eskridge and Greg Jennings were 2nd rounders in the 50's. Taylor Moton is a pretty good 2nd rounder. Chuk Okafor is starting as a 3rd rounder. Nah, no team would have tape on Skyy Moore, it's impossible.

Moore is damned good, especially on those shallow crossers and quick slants. If Eleby could make more than a single read, his stats would be insane. Don't matter, if KC doesn't pick him by 50 he probably gets taken by his friend in Mike Tomlin in Pittsburgh shortly after.[/QUOTE

Yep, he's far better than a lot are giving credit for. He doesn't wow at anything and for that reason I don't think he's bust-proof. But I'd be willing to bet his floor is pretty high.

staylor26 04-29-2022 06:55 PM

This thread will be fun :D

Titty Meat 04-29-2022 09:46 PM

Well dayum

milkshock 04-30-2022 09:28 AM

lol the negativity dripping off this thread, compared to what people are saying about him now

La0laEsMia 04-30-2022 11:06 PM

To me, it seems like the Chiefs didn't want Pickens or Moore. If they did, they would have taken them at 50.

Titty Meat 05-01-2022 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkshock (Post 16274818)
lol the negativity dripping off this thread, compared to what people are saying about him now

Eh if Andy says you can play WR then you can play. I see everyone talking about his speed it didn't particularly jump out at me in the videos I've seen but his route running looks good and his hands are damn good. If he's a constient 50 receptions 3-5 touchdown guy it's going to be hard to label the pick a bust

milkshock 05-01-2022 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La0laEsMia (Post 16276702)
To me, it seems like the Chiefs didn't want Pickens or Moore. If they did, they would have taken them at 50.

I think so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KChiefs1 05-01-2022 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16257019)

What an imbecile you are.
https://media0.giphy.com/media/X74dL...jfbL/giphy.gif

The Franchise 05-01-2022 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 16277127)
What an imbecile you are.
https://media0.giphy.com/media/X74dL...jfbL/giphy.gif

I love reeruns like you.

You have zero opinion on any players leading up to the draft and then afterwards you call out people for having opinions.

The only thing you bring to this board is gifs that you respond with and random ass YouTube videos you link with no context.

Feel free to actually give an opinion from time to time instead of the dumb shit you’ve been posting.

staylor26 05-01-2022 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16277135)
I love reeruns like you.

You have zero opinion on any players leading up to the draft and then afterwards you call out people for having opinions.

The only thing you bring to this board is gifs that you respond with and random ass YouTube videos you link with no context.

Feel free to actually give an opinion from time to time instead of the dumb shit you’ve been posting.

:clap:

Even as somebody that has been arguing in favor of Moore, we’re all entitled to our opinions on prospects, and it’s really easy to only ever operate in hindsight where you can never be wrong about anything.

The Franchise 05-01-2022 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16277139)
:clap:

Even as somebody that has been arguing in favor of Moore, we’re all entitled to our opinions on prospects, and it’s really easy to only ever operate in hindsight where you can never be wrong about anything.

I can admit when I’m wrong. And I’ve also said that I didn’t want Moore but I understood why they took him and why they liked him.

But **** this douche for bringing up that I wanted Tolbert like it was some knock against me. Tolbert went not to far after Moore and at least everyone in here stands by their opinions.

I value KcBubb’s opinions more than this ****ing reerun. At least Bubb was in here before the draft laying out why he liked some prospects more.