ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Fullback (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325094)

Ubeja Vontell 09-14-2019 01:24 AM

The Fullback

The Pats use a FB James Develin, we have Anthony Sherman and J.D.Moore. Way back when the stud ground gainers were FB's, Jim Brown, Jim Taylor, Joe "Jet" Perry, John Henry Johnson&&&, Cookie Gilchrist all FB's.

Obviously those days are long gone and have been for a long time but having a stud blocker, a cat who can bang in a 3rd and short, catch that swing pass and punish some little cornerback, why not have a fullback? Yes the guy must be able to catch passes,(Tom Rathman) he must plant the seed.....going out for a pass? Just more stress on a D.

Look at the damage Lorenzo Neal*** (a bull from nearby Lemoore, Fresno State wrestler) did as as a lead blocker and he was a load carrying the ball. Why not have one of these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIzz5Asr998

His dad was a preacher, his uncle Willie a friend of my dad, Willie ran with Tommie Smith on those Lemoore HS 4x1 teams back in the day,

The first AFL player to score a TD in a Superbowl (I know) was our FB Curtis McClinton, he was called "The Count", yep, stud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbTNTISILOs

*** Can't remember who Neal was with at the time but they were playing in Japan. So there he is taking on a Sumo wrestler (no doubt a lesser light) yep, ass cheeks all over the place, well Neal knocks him out of the....ring?

&&& this guy was famous for breaking face masks with a wicked forearm shiver, a HS decathlete. Like Brown, Taylor, Perry he is a HOFer. And, in the same CFL backfield with Gilchrist, whoa~~~~

Chargem 09-14-2019 02:06 AM

Yeah, assuming the game hasn't changed since those highlights were made it makes sense....

Ubeja Vontell 09-14-2019 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14446031)
Yeah, assuming the game hasn't changed since those highlights were made it makes sense....

The game will never get to where a stud fullback doesn't belong. Blocking, banging the line, catching the ball....will always be the game.

Chargem 09-14-2019 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14446033)
The game will never get to where a stud fullback doesn't belong. Blocking, banging the line, catching the ball....will always be the game.

Only 21 teams used a full back in week 1, only 13 of those teams used a full back for 10 or more snaps. I guess the NFL disagrees with you.

Ubeja Vontell 09-14-2019 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14446045)
Only 21 teams used a full back in week 1, only 13 of those teams used a full back for 10 or more snaps. I guess the NFL disagrees with you.

The champs use a FB and there is this....

Stold it...

Sherman showed the world what UConn fans and the Kansas City Chiefs already knew: that the ‘Sausage With Hands’ is one of the most talented players in football.

Sherman was a key blocker for the most explosive offense in football. He provided a safety blanket receiving option for one of the best young quarterbacks in the history of the game. He could even run the ball on occasion — one time for two yards back in early December.

But all of that pales in comparison to his performance on Sunday afternoon. Squaring off against the best defense that the NFC could muster, Sherman sliced his way to 92 receiving yards on three receptions and 11 yards rushing, including a one-yard touchdown up the middle.

He scored the touchdown on a hand off from Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes and caught a pass from Andrew Luck of the Indianapolis Colts. But the biggest highlight came from his 49-yard catch and run with the Houston Texans’ Deshaun Watson under center.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two of the three best teams in the NFL use a FB. My song n' dance is other teams should pick up on how the best teams do it.

There are about 25 FB's in the NFL.

Ubeja Vontell 09-14-2019 03:59 AM

This is what is missing.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HwfCMGIe0M

In 1997 FSU sprinter/footballer Warrick Dunn showed up, a new Thunder n' Lightnin' was born. The first Red Grange and Bronko Nagurski. Jim Brown & Big10 sprint/hurdles champ Bobby Mitchell, Larry Csonka & Mercury Morris some others.

There is no fullback talk without....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMHQsIidL7k

Ubeja Vontell 09-14-2019 04:43 AM

Trivia

This FB scored....

rushing
passing
receiving
KO return
punt return
extra point
FG

Who?

LoneWolf 09-14-2019 05:04 AM

Yep, I’m sick of this guy. He belongs in the Romper Room.

Chargem 09-14-2019 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14446049)
The champs use a FB and there is this....

Stold it...

Sherman showed the world what UConn fans and the Kansas City Chiefs already knew: that the ‘Sausage With Hands’ is one of the most talented players in football.

Sherman was a key blocker for the most explosive offense in football. He provided a safety blanket receiving option for one of the best young quarterbacks in the history of the game. He could even run the ball on occasion — one time for two yards back in early December.

But all of that pales in comparison to his performance on Sunday afternoon. Squaring off against the best defense that the NFC could muster, Sherman sliced his way to 92 receiving yards on three receptions and 11 yards rushing, including a one-yard touchdown up the middle.

He scored the touchdown on a hand off from Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes and caught a pass from Andrew Luck of the Indianapolis Colts. But the biggest highlight came from his 49-yard catch and run with the Houston Texans’ Deshaun Watson under center.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two of the three best teams in the NFL use a FB. My song n' dance is other teams should pick up on how the best teams do it.

There are about 25 FB's in the NFL.

One of the most talented players in the NFL? Because he ran for 2 yards on one attempt?

He got 10 snaps last week, seems criminal to use one of the most talented players in the NFL so little...

I assume quoting stats from the pro bowl is a joke? If so kudos, very funny.

JimNasium 09-14-2019 05:15 AM

If an Ubeja talks in the forest and no one listens, does he make a sound?

eDave 09-14-2019 05:19 AM

Starting to creep me out.

Dunerdr 09-14-2019 06:42 AM

This thread might be a steaming Saturday morning crap pile but Sherman isn't. I wanted Sherman to get a td on his screen last week so damn bad! I love his effort.

Pablo 09-14-2019 07:24 AM

Thread starting privileges? Mods?

hometeam 09-14-2019 07:32 AM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TanParched...restricted.gif

carcosa 09-14-2019 07:41 AM

Anthony Sherman is white!!!!!!!!!!! Wow

Kman34 09-14-2019 07:51 AM

Marcus Allen played some fullback at USC..... oh shit.. now I’m spouting useless facts...

scho63 09-14-2019 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 14446060)
Yep, I’m sick of this guy. He belongs in the Romper Room.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNasium (Post 14446065)
If an Ubeja talks in the forest and no one listens, does he make a sound?

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14446067)
Starting to creep me out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 14446102)
Thread starting privileges? Mods?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 14446104)

This poster is very strange and shows up and suddenly starts a shit load of threads and posts.........:hmmm:

Reminds me of someone who was recently banned.

Pablo 09-14-2019 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14446125)
This poster is very strange and shows up and suddenly starts a shit load of threads and posts.........:hmmm:

Reminds me of someone who was recently banned.

It's coopchris666.

RealSNR 09-14-2019 08:17 AM

He and Black Bob would get along great

Chargem 09-14-2019 08:50 AM

If it was Coop he would have had to have made about 100 posts about real estate by now and creeped all over Clay's life. Unfortunately I am not brave enough to go back through his post history to confirm.

wasi 09-14-2019 09:42 AM

There is an easy answer.

An extra WR or TE provides a matchup problem for the defense much more so than even the best FB. The way the game is officiated only magnifies the advantage for the offense to use a TE or WR instead of a FB.

bdj23 09-14-2019 09:54 AM

He's still not as bad as that Uchieffybugger guy.

DaFace 09-14-2019 10:33 AM

I don't think it's coop, just for the record. IPs aren't even the same area of the country. And regarding these threads in general, I get where you guys are coming from, but it's hard to care about someone who is at least posting football content. It's on our radar, though.

TLO 09-14-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14446300)
I don't think it's coop, just for the record. IPs aren't even the same area of the country. And regarding these threads in general, I get where you guys are coming from, but it's hard to care about someone who is at least posting football content. It's on our radar, though.

Cooper googled how to use a VPN.

WhiteWhale 09-14-2019 10:42 AM

Full backs were more useful in the 50's because they were frequently larger than defensive linemen, or BARELY smaller.

The league shifted to smaller shiftier HB's the bigger DL's got. The defensive linemen now are just too big and too athletic. Linebackers are as big as DL used to be back then and MUCH much faster.

DaFace 09-14-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 14446304)
Cooper googled how to use a VPN.

I swear, some of you guys think we're idiots.

BryanBusby 09-14-2019 10:57 AM

When you've got a chance to add discussion about how a big deal it is for a white RB to get a handoff from a black QB, well than you've got to take it.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-14-2019 11:15 AM

It's not coop, but damn it's scary to think about that there is another out there lurking in different parts of the country...

TLO 09-14-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14446311)
I swear, some of you guys think we're idiots.

That's beside the point. :evil:

(Disclaimer: I don't think any of the mods are idiots - you all do a great job)

Dunerdr 09-14-2019 02:03 PM

Is this where i find the unicorn yukon?

Willie Lanier 09-14-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14446318)
When you've got a chance to add discussion about how a big deal it is for a white RB to get a handoff from a black QB, well than you've got to take it.

ROFL

RealSNR 09-14-2019 06:11 PM

The Fullback

Seriously, if this guy were a mult, he’d be Tigger, not Coop.

It’s not Tigger because he hasn’t taken any Alex Smith bait yet, but the style of, “I’ve observed this place for months and here’s what the board rules say... so you’re all a bunch of hypocrites!” is very Tiggeresque. Both of these guys are quite combative in trying to “fix” the board’s culture, and they do it expecting everybody to raise the flag and follow them.

Just... not something you should be doing anywhere until you’ve gotten to know people and have made a few friends.

eDave 09-14-2019 06:26 PM

Citing rules like that is the weirdest thing about it.

JakeF 09-14-2019 06:26 PM

It doesn't hurt anything. Don't go into a thread if you don't like the topic. Why are people so hostile about threads now? What difference does it make?

eDave 09-14-2019 06:27 PM

It's a disruption in the force.

Jewish Rabbi 09-14-2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14446764)
It doesn't hurt anything. Don't go into a thread if you don't like the topic. Why are people so hostile about threads now? What difference does it make?

Not shocked you would get offended about people calling out shitty threads.

JakeF 09-14-2019 06:45 PM

Seriously, people act like threads cost them rent money or something.

Chiefplanet didn't use to be like this. There used to be so much traffic and new threads you had to search 2 or 3 pages deep to find yesterday's topics. Now each thread has to make it past the "revoke thread privileges" before people even start a discussion. :huh:

BradyistheGOAT 09-14-2019 06:47 PM

Lorenzo Neal?

BradyistheGOAT 09-14-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14446058)
Trivia

This FB scored....

rushing
passing
receiving
KO return
punt return
extra point
FG

Who?

Lorenzo Neal?

RealSNR 09-14-2019 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14446791)
Seriously, people act like threads cost them rent money or something.

Chiefplanet didn't use to be like this. There used to be so much traffic and new threads you had to search 2 or 3 pages deep to find yesterday's topics. Now each thread has to make it past the "revoke thread privileges" before people even start a discussion. :huh:

Chiefs Planet has always made fun of stupid people who start dumb threads.

And a n00b from 2017 like yourself referring to the "good ol' days" of CP as a way to prove an argument about board culture is the funniest thing I've seen all day.

JakeF 09-14-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 14446787)
Not shocked you would get offended about people calling out shitty threads.

Not surprised that you are completely oblivious to people being assholes.

BryanBusby 09-14-2019 07:04 PM

It's remarkable how often you manage to have the shittiest take imaginable.

TEX 09-14-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14446805)
Chiefs Planet has always made fun of stupid people who start dumb threads.

And a n00b from 2017 like yourself referring to the "good ol' days" of CP as a way to prove an argument about board culture is the funniest thing I've seen all day.

Well, I remember those days, and you're correct, but it also has changed for the worst in so many ways IMO.

carcosa 09-14-2019 07:35 PM

Lorenzo Neal?

RealSNR 09-14-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14446816)
Well, I remember those days, and you're correct, but it also has changed for the worst in so many ways IMO.

I think we've seen a rise in trolling. We've also seen a rise in certain posters that won't leave old disagreements in the past where they belong.

But let's take this issue at hand. We hazed n00bs. We always have. Especially the ones who were bold and posted a lot when they first joined. They weren't doing anything wrong (most of them, anyway) but that's just how this place was. Ask someone like crazycoffey. He didn't piss on the drapes and shit on the floor when he came here, but he did post a lot, and that just meant that people made fun of him for awhile.

Uber Vagina over here would have been hazed if he were a new poster back then. Skip would have bitched him just as others are bitching at him right now. This is nothing new.

Also, JakeF is a ****ing dweeb.

Yosef_Malkovitch 09-14-2019 09:29 PM

I don't think it's Cooper. The language usage makes me think it might be someone whose first language is not English. Plus, Coop tends to jump onto Google and use what he finds to pretend to have lots of experience in whatever topic is at hand.

dlphg9 09-14-2019 10:06 PM

It's very clear it's not Cooper. Cooper was an expert at everything and Montell just likes sprinters. I think he legitimately knows what he's talking about when it comes to sprinters. I'm starting to find out that outside of sprinting that he has very limited knowledge when it comes to anything else.

eDave 09-14-2019 10:09 PM

[QUOTE=DaFace;14446300 It's on our radar, though.[/QUOTE]

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k_IXzU-lnLU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 09-14-2019 10:22 PM

I'm not stoned enough for another one of these threads.

Well, I'm not stoned at all. Which is still not stoned enough.

Ubeja Vontell 09-15-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradyistheGOAT (Post 14446795)
Lorenzo Neal?

Lorenzo Neal returning punts and kicking?

Ubeja Vontell 09-15-2019 06:30 PM

What is with all this hostility talking about fullbacks?