ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408)

Fire Me Boy! 08-01-2014 07:42 AM

What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2)

What you got?

Fire Me Boy! 08-01-2014 07:44 AM

Tonight, I'm taking the wife/MIL/SIL to a great little restaurant in the Gump. Chef there is awesome.

Fire Me Boy! 08-03-2014 03:20 PM

It's been a busy week, so I'm just doing roasted chicken thighs tonight and some corn on the cob. And we have a little cheesecake and fresh strawberries to round it out.

BucEyedPea 08-03-2014 03:45 PM

I won't have pictures yet. The way my new system is set up is not allowing me to get my phone pics onto my computer. I have to text them to my daughter and she sends to my email via her iphone. She's away! Rats! They will be posted as soon as I receive.

Just Passin' By 08-03-2014 03:47 PM

Tonight's going to be Boursin chicken and a new mixed grilled vegetables recipe.

NewChief 08-03-2014 04:11 PM

Last night, a good friend and I cooked together out at his cabin:

BBQ Chicken, fresh tomatoes, fried okra, butterbean risotto with turnip greens. Damned fine eating.

Dayze 08-03-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10792237)

BBQ Chicken, fresh tomatoes, fried okra, butterbean risotto with turnip greens. Damned fine eating.

:eek:

:D

gblowfish 08-03-2014 04:25 PM

Tonight we have strip steak, BBQ baked beans, french fried potatoes, corn on the cob (on the grill), garden salad, fresh halved strawberries and chocolate creme pie for dessert. Yum.

lewdog 08-03-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10792312)
Tonight we have strip steak, BBQ baked beans, french fried potatoes, corn on the cob (on the grill), garden salad, fresh halved strawberries and chocolate creme pie for dessert. Yum.

I'm having strip steak too, George.

And I love cats.

xoxo

NewChief 08-03-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10792245)
:eek:

:D

Our wives were there.

R8RFAN 08-03-2014 04:36 PM

Subscribed

scho63 08-03-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10792312)

SIGN ME UP! :D

cdcox 08-03-2014 05:43 PM

Hamburgers on the grill, crinkle fries, and Brussels sprouts a la NewChief.

BucEyedPea 08-03-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10792237)

You are a southern boy, alright!

Dayze 08-03-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10792369)
Our wives were there.

allll right..... / Quagmire

Dayze 08-03-2014 06:40 PM

managed to actually find a skirt steak at the sto' today. cumin, chili power and lime juice mirinade / rub.
soft corn tortillas and fresh pico. I ate way too much.

Pepe Silvia 08-03-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10792707)
managed to actually find a skirt steak at the sto' today. cumin, chili power and lime juice mirinade / rub.
soft corn tortillas and fresh pico. I ate way too much.

Is that a steak taco in simple man terms? Sounds good if so.

Easy 6 08-03-2014 07:14 PM

2 ballpark hotdogs, a heaping of Rays coney dog sauce, minced sweet onion and cheddar cheese on a short french roll with baked fries... sooo good, such a perfect weekend gnosh.

Dayze 08-03-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10792765)
Is that a steak taco in simple man terms? Sounds good if so.

yep. if you ever find/see skirt steak, get it. It's way bette than flank. for whatever reason, the store I go to rarely ever has it and I usually have to go for the flank.

piping hot grill; 2-3 minutes per side. boom done.

GloryDayz 08-03-2014 07:32 PM

Welp, waited too long to get chuckeye so ribeye it was. It was the best so far! Going 1.75 inches was a smart move I think. One steak fed two men and one young man so the $17 steak hurt a little less!!!

In the rosemary-flavored pan, edges seared...
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/04/epuhu3eb.jpg

Flipped...
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/04/aqe4ehy7.jpg

The always tasty pink middle..
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/04/ybyge7yp.jpg

The overall effort...
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/04/e2aze9as.jpg

Dayze 08-03-2014 07:35 PM

nice.

I need a splatter screen, come to think of it.

scho63 08-04-2014 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10792826)
nice.

Me too!

GloryDayz 08-04-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

nice.

Well I'm not as fast as I once was, so dodging the scalding oil is more of a challenge then ever before! :D:D:D

Fire Me Boy! 08-04-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

nice.

I've got one, and I hardly ever remember to use it until it's too late.

GloryDayz 08-04-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10793439)

Well the meat did taste better than the splash screen, but I did lick it!

ROFLLMAOROFLLMAOROFLLMAOROFLLMAOROFLLMAO

Fire Me Boy! 08-04-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10793443)
Well the meat did taste better than the splash screen, but I did lick it!

ROFLLMAOROFLLMAOROFLLMAOROFLLMAOROFLLMAO

Dude. That's gross.

ROFL

BucEyedPea 08-04-2014 06:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I don't know what happened here when he took these pics. They're not usually this small. I suspect my daughter did something to them. It'll have to suffice for now because I to work out-of-town again for three days. I tried one by cropping up close but the plate was still small. You can barely see the gumbo and I worked all day making it starting with a homemade shrimp broth! :deevee:

cmh6476 08-04-2014 06:48 PM

So my wife's sister was in St. Louis and she had her bring back Emo's pizza, so we had that tonight. I mean does anyone else really think it's that good to have your sister drive back 5 hours with it?

cabletech94 08-04-2014 07:18 PM

my 7 year old found my old ***official kc chiefs cookbook*** it looks like it was printed in d. johnson's rookie year. i told the kiddo to pick out a recipe and we'd make it.
so i made an oven roasted beef brisket with red potatoes and baby carrots. it was actually pretty damn good.

p.s. and on a side note, when the hell did a hunk of brisket cost $25? good loaaaard, that's a lot of munnny.

Easy 6 08-04-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 10794591)
my 7 year old found my old ***official kc chiefs cookbook*** it looks like it was printed in d. johnson's rookie year. i told the kiddo to pick out a recipe and we'd make it.
so i made an oven roasted beef brisket with red potatoes and baby carrots. it was actually pretty damn good.

p.s. and on a side note, when the hell did a hunk of brisket cost $25? good loaaaard, that's a lot of munnny.

Beef prices have went up atleast 30% across the country.

BucEyedPea 08-04-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 10794651)
Beef prices have went up atleast 30% across the country.

Sure have! Seafood ain't cheap either. Eat mor chikin. Oh wait that went up too! Rice and Beans then.

Easy 6 08-04-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10794659)
Sure have! Seafood ain't cheap either. Eat mor chikin. Oh wait that went up too! Rice and Beans then.

I bet the shrimp in your gumbo was a lot cheaper than I'd pay in illinois :)

Chickens up, but not as bad as beef and pork.

Pepe Silvia 08-05-2014 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10792815)
Welp, waited too long to get chuckeye so ribeye it was. It was the best so far! Going 1.75 inches was a smart move I think. One steak fed two men and one young man so the $17 steak hurt a little less!!!

In the rosemary-flavored pan, edges seared...
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/04/epuhu3eb.jpg

Flipped...
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/04/aqe4ehy7.jpg

The always tasty pink middle..
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/04/ybyge7yp.jpg

The overall effort...
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/04/e2aze9as.jpg

That looks ****ing incredible. You should give lessons to my parents friend (J/K). He's ruined about 3 Sunday BBQ/Steak cookouts at my folks house. My Mom is a great cook but a friend of hers insists that he cook lately. It sucks cause he's a nice guy but his BBQ tastes like ass I don't know what the **** he smokes it with. My parents don't like it either. I just grabbed a rib and hid it in one of the guest rooms, lmao. He really screws up steak too, I think I'm gonna pass on going there next week.

RobBlake 08-05-2014 12:33 AM

how does one make a frozen burger patty "pregrilled" essentially, taste good "cooked" on a stove oven lol

Dayze 08-05-2014 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10793439)

I can see this happening to me.

BucEyedPea 08-05-2014 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 10794669)
I bet the shrimp in your gumbo was a lot cheaper than I'd pay in illinois :)

Chickens up, but not as bad as beef and pork.

It was $18 a pound. And fresh from the Gulf. They had Key West shrimp too but it was too big. Those are pink when they're raw.

I try to stay away from farmed or anything from Asia or Pacific due to the nuclear waste still being dumped daily from that nuclear plant meltdown in Japan. Starfish are washing up dead on our western shores now. Also seals with tumors. I can imagine what's happening to all the fish. I got sick on Chilean langostinos a few weeks ago.

I even prefer not to use Gulf but my search was taking too long. Anyway, those have improved since the Gulf spill. For awhile those were coming out with no eyes and other deformities. I try to stay with North Atlantic fish. But it's hard down here. Publix sells mostly farmed seafood too.

I had to rely on blue crab from Mexico. I forget where the oysters were from. Those were the other two in the dish.

Larger photo coming but I may be gone by the time she sends it to me. I will get in close and crop. The gumbo came out great! Was a mutha' load of work though. All afternoon. I had no time left to make those beignets for dessert. So when I get back from this next trade show I'll make since I bought the ingredients.

Baby Lee 08-05-2014 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 10795203)
how does one make a frozen burger patty "pregrilled" essentially, taste good "cooked" on a stove oven lol

Defrost it in this.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/07...66_500X500.jpg

GloryDayz 08-05-2014 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10795197)
That looks ****ing incredible. You should give lessons to my parents friend (J/K). He's ruined about 3 Sunday BBQ/Steak cookouts at my folks house. My Mom is a great cook but a friend of hers insists that he cook lately. It sucks cause he's a nice guy but his BBQ tastes like ass I don't know what the **** he smokes it with. My parents don't like it either. I just grabbed a rib and hid it in one of the guest rooms, lmao. He really screws up steak too, I think I'm gonna pass on going there next week.

There's really not much magic to it. For me the key is a thick steak (1.75 inches in this case), the rosemary seasoned olive oil, dry-brining to rock salt (one hour per inch-thick of steak), using a HOT skillet.

* I wash-off the dry brine (just my preference)
* Pat the steak dry.
* Add a little Montreal steak seasoning
* Sear the edges all around
* Three minutes on each side
* Five-Six minutes in a 500-degree oven
* Let rest for five minutes.

It's really that easy... And far too many folks mistake a pink middle with being really rare. The 450-500 degree oven, post-pan sear, really does cook the meat but not turn it gray..

And there's this too, that stead fed two men and a 10-year-old young man. So, the 1.75 inches means the meat can be cooked properly, it doesn't mean portion control flies out the window.

BucEyedPea 08-05-2014 11:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay, Larger pics.

Seafood Gumbo with shrimp broth, shrimp, oysters and blue crab, okra. Served with brown Basmati rice, biscuit and green mixed salad with homemade orange-Dijon vinaigrette and Herbs de Provence for seasoning.

srvy 08-05-2014 11:58 AM

You took those pics from a drone right?

BucEyedPea 08-05-2014 12:02 PM

No my So took them with his phone camera. Why? That's my screened in patio and pool area. I live in Florida.

srvy 08-05-2014 12:15 PM

I was teasing you about the small pictures.

BucEyedPea 08-05-2014 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10795789)
I was teasing you about the small pictures.

Oh! Well that went over my head. My daughter reduced the size to save on data for her iphone. I made her send one more larger. Cropped for a close-up version.

tooge 08-05-2014 12:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
made this the other night. It's a 16 oz strip that got the salt/pepper/garlic powder rub treatment for a couple hours, sat out for 45 minutes, cooked over a hot grill, and then rested for about 10 minutes. It was perfectly done medium rare. Sides were a twice baked tater, bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeno (that was a bit too hot), and marinated and grilled zuchini and yellow squash. It was a perfect meal.

BucEyedPea 08-05-2014 12:18 PM

Also, I forgot to mention I did use some andouille sausage but only a half a cup.

Inmen, I am packing for a business trip. I will post the recipe when I return.

GloryDayz 08-05-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10795794)
made this the other night. It's a 16 oz strip that got the salt/pepper/garlic powder rub treatment for a couple hours, sat out for 45 minutes, cooked over a hot grill, and then rested for about 10 minutes. It was perfectly done medium rare. Sides were a twice baked tater, bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeno (that was a bit too hot), and marinated and grilled zuchini and yellow squash. It was a perfect meal.

Rep!

Predarat 08-05-2014 02:42 PM

I am going to try making Gumbo tonight, never made it from scratch before so hope its not terrible lol.

srvy 08-05-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 10796074)
I am going to try making Gumbo tonight, never made it from scratch before so hope its not terrible lol.

Use the gumbo calculator that could come in handy for more gallons than pots. Also a Justin Wilson cookin Cajun video is in order.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eK4umRMJlrs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BucEyedPea 08-05-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10796081)
Use the gumbo calculator that could come in handy for more gallons than pots. Also a Justin Wilson cookin Cajun video is in order.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eK4umRMJlrs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's the thing about Gumbo—it's not made any one way, not even in New Orleans. There's seafood, chicken and andouille sausage, or crawfish. You don't even have to use filé powder particularly if you use the okra. You also don't have to use okra. You can fine tune your gumbo to your preference. The key is making a good rich roux which can take up to an hour. There's Cajun gumbo, Creole gumbo, Nawlins etc. etc. etc. At least, this is what my New Orleans cookbooks says and I looked at various You Tube's and recipes. They all say the same and no recipe is exactly alike another's.

BucEyedPea 08-05-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 10796074)

It's quite a bit of work. I took a whole afternoon and had no time left to even make cornbread so made some quick biscuits.

Shrimp was easy but takes 45 minutes to simmer and then about 15 mins to cut up a mirepoix, devein and clean my shrimp. It took me awhile to find the seafood I wanted —up to three stores. Finally went to the docks.

The roux took an hour and can take longer depending how rich you want it. Mine was a nice tan brown. I also had to make my own Creole seasoning mix and used fresh herbs for part of that. That took a bit more time too. Then the gumbo has to simmer for about an hour. There's a minimum of 3 hours right there.

You don't have to make a fish stock or shrimp stock for seafood, you can use chicken or water....but I thought shrimp stock was a better choice for a seafood version of gumbo that had shrimp as the dominant seafood.

Fire Me Boy! 08-05-2014 03:28 PM

Easy way to make a brick roux without standing over the stove for an hour... http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...bo-recipe.html'

Also keep in mind the darker the roux, the less thickening power it has.

BucEyedPea 08-05-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10796050)
Rep!

You carnivores!!! I can tell y'all from or in the MidWest! That's okay his steak looked mighty good!

BucEyedPea 08-05-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10796133)
Easy way to make a brick roux without standing over the stove for an hour... http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...bo-recipe.html'

Also keep in mind the darker the roux, the less thickening power it has.

I started on the stove for twenty minutes and then put mine in the oven in my Le Crueset for 45 minutes.

I never read that about the roux being darker the less thickening power. I read you want the roux a rich dark reddish brown.

BucEyedPea 08-05-2014 03:55 PM

I got one more hour to get out of here for a long 2.5 hour drive. So I just had a salad, half a roast beef sandwich ( with tomato, lettuce, harvarti cheese, mayo and horseradish sauce) with some snap pea crisps and a handful of grapes with two Excedrins.

I sauteed up some zucchini, red pepper, onion and spinach 'cause they'd go bad while away. Left some for the SO for when he gets home tonight. Also left him a rotisserie chicken, lots of salad material, fruit, lots of Boar's Head rare roast beef and English white cheddar cheese. That should hold him over. I'll probably still find Lean Cuisine packages in the trash still when I get home. Still.

So easy prep tonight.

Pepe Silvia 08-05-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10795349)
There's really not much magic to it. For me the key is a thick steak (1.75 inches in this case), the rosemary seasoned olive oil, dry-brining to rock salt (one hour per inch-thick of steak), using a HOT skillet.

* I wash-off the dry brine (just my preference)
* Pat the steak dry.
* Add a little Montreal steak seasoning
* Sear the edges all around
* Three minutes on each side
* Five-Six minutes in a 500-degree oven
* Let rest for five minutes.

It's really that easy... And far too many folks mistake a pink middle with being really rare. The 450-500 degree oven, post-pan sear, really does cook the meat but not turn it gray..

And there's this too, that stead fed two men and a 10-year-old young man. So, the 1.75 inches means the meat can be cooked properly, it doesn't mean portion control flies out the window.

That makes it even more pathetic for him. :)

Fire Me Boy! 08-05-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10796140)
I started on the stove for twenty minutes and then put mine in the oven in my Le Crueset for 45 minutes.

I never read that about the roux being darker the less thickening power. I read you want the roux a rich dark reddish brown.

It's true. The darker it is, the richer and more flavorful, but the less thickening it can do.

http://allrecipes.com/howto/all-about-roux/

Easy 6 08-05-2014 07:42 PM

Please dont add the skrimps to gumbo until the last 5 minutes.

In58men 08-05-2014 08:15 PM

Does anybody have a spicy salsa recipe? Checked online but blah

Predarat 08-06-2014 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10796128)
It's quite a bit of work. I took a whole afternoon and had no time left to even make cornbread so made some quick biscuits.

Shrimp was easy but takes 45 minutes to simmer and then about 15 mins to cut up a mirepoix, devein and clean my shrimp. It took me awhile to find the seafood I wanted —up to three stores. Finally went to the docks.

The roux took an hour and can take longer depending how rich you want it. Mine was a nice tan brown. I also had to make my own Creole seasoning mix and used fresh herbs for part of that. That took a bit more time too. Then the gumbo has to simmer for about an hour. There's a minimum of 3 hours right there.

You don't have to make a fish stock or shrimp stock for seafood, you can use chicken or water....but I thought shrimp stock was a better choice for a seafood version of gumbo that had shrimp as the dominant seafood.

It was a lot of work, it wasn't ready until 830. It turned out OK, the Chicken and Sausage were good but the roux was a bit overpowering. I did make it with Bacon grease so maybe next time I will use less or try a Bacon Grease/Olive Oil mix roux. The rest was good but next time I am adding more Tomatoes and Okra to the mix.

Buehler445 08-06-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10796709)
Does anybody have a spicy salsa recipe? Checked online but blah

All the fresh ones I know about are basically tomato, jalapeno, cilantro in varying amounts.

I know it is crazy expensive, but I am in love with this shit.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...pL._SX466_.jpg

Link

Pennywise 08-06-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Was that with a tick or tin roux?

Predarat 08-07-2014 10:47 AM

Leftover Gumbo was damn near better then the fresh.

Easy 6 08-07-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 10799691)

Oh yeah, all those flavors had time to marry even more overnight.

srvy 08-07-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Justin Wilson always said if ya can wait 24 to 48 hours do it.

srvy 08-07-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Fire Me Boy! 08-07-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10799992)

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10800012)

So 48 to 96?

Just Passin' By 08-07-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10799992)

It's true of a lot of soups and stews.

Ceej 08-07-2014 01:04 PM

Does anyone have a baked chicken wings recipe they'd like to share?

ptlyon 08-07-2014 01:05 PM

No, cuz baked chicken wings suck

Fire Me Boy! 08-07-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10800023)
It's true of a lot of soups and stews.

Chili and pastas, too.

Ceej 08-07-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 10800027)

I do agree.

We are just trying to eat more healthy.

Lame, I know.

Fire Me Boy! 08-07-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 10800027)

Alton Brown steams then bakes his...

ptlyon 08-07-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10800035)
Alton Brown steams then bakes his...

Well, he's an idiot

Fire Me Boy! 08-07-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 10800038)
Well, he's an idiot

ROFL OK, then.

Seriously, the steaming does a little cooking, but significantly renders the skin down so when it's baked the skin gets crispy.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...gs-recipe.html

ptlyon 08-07-2014 01:21 PM

Gotta have crispy chicken skin.

If you could get your hands on 100 lbs of chicken skins and fry them up at fairs or something you'd be a millionaire

NewChief 08-07-2014 06:35 PM

We had "pasta" night, which is a complete cluster**** for me as the chef.

One of my kids only likes pasta like rigatoni and rotini.
One of my kids only likes pasta like spaghetti, linguini, and angel hair.
My wife won't eat pasta at all.

So I cook up a massive sauce pan of "gravy" (garlic, onion, crushed red in olive oil then add quality canned tomatoes and cook down. Use the water from boiling pasta to thin as it thickens and tomatoes melt).

Kid #1 gets penne with the gravy and shaved parm
Kid #2 gets angel hair with gravy and shaved parm
Wife and I get quinoa with roasted zuchini out of the garden, topped with the gravy and no parm (we're watching lactose intake).

All were happy at the end of the night and cleanup was a bitch.

Fire Me Boy! 08-07-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10801221)

So I cook up a massive sauce pan of "gravy" (garlic, onion, crushed red in olive oil then add quality canned tomatoes and cook down. Use the water from boiling pasta to thin as it thickens and tomatoes melt).

Kid #1 gets penne with the gravy and shaved parm
Kid #2 gets angel hair with gravy and shaved parm
Wife and I get quinoa with roasted zuchini out of the garden, topped with the gravy and no parm (we're watching lactose intake).

All were happy at the end of the night and cleanup was a bitch.

Geez. I think one kid would learn to like the other pasta.

scho63 08-07-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10794532)
I don't know what happened here when he took these pics. They're not usually this small. I suspect my daughter did something to them. It'll have to suffice for now because I to work out-of-town again for three days. I tried one by cropping up close but the plate was still small. You can barely see the gumbo and I worked all day making it starting with a homemade shrimp broth! :deevee:

Looks like you are eating a great meal in a nice enclosed lanai in FL :hmmm:

scho63 08-07-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

That guy was one funny SOB!!!:D

GloucesterChief 08-07-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10801221)

How can a kid not like pasta a certain shape of pasta but like others? There isn't a difference in the flavor just the shape......