ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars: Episode IX (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316150)

Fire Me Boy! 08-27-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 13694871)
Oh. I suppose I should pay closer attention.

Nah. If you liked it, you liked it. No judgment from me. I did not, for the reasons I listed and others. I put TLJ just one spot from the bottom of SW movies (above Attack of the Clones).

Donger 08-27-2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13694878)
Nah. If you liked it, you liked it. No judgment from me. I did not, for the reasons I listed and others. I put TLJ just one spot from the bottom of SW movies (above Attack of the Clones).

Let's put it this way: I had to look up what a Porg was.

Fish 08-27-2018 09:27 AM

http://i.imgur.com/KDlOxkI.gif

Fire Me Boy! 08-27-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13694923)

Hadn't ever seen that, so I needed to look it up.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3_FieJToFKc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigCatDaddy 08-28-2018 01:41 PM

New actor added. I know nothing about this guy but maybe add unknown son of Luke or something to try to salavage the shit hole.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety...202886507/amp/

lawrenceRaider 08-28-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 13694845)
What was wrong with the last one? I thought it was entertaining.

Grade A++++ trolling right here.

notorious 08-28-2018 09:13 PM

Plinkett has reviewed “The Last Jedi”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f83D...&feature=share

Fish 08-28-2018 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13697647)
Plinkett has reviewed “The Last Jedi”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f83D...&feature=share

Coyotes made of crystal meth. LMAO...

Donger 08-30-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13696935)
Grade A++++ trolling right here.

I'm not trolling. I liked it. Even bought it online.

I thought the other one sucked.

lawrenceRaider 08-30-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 13700140)
I'm not trolling. I liked it. Even bought it online.

I thought the other one sucked.

You might want to have all your levels checked.

notorious 08-30-2018 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13694827)
[*]Not sure how they deal with Carrie Fisher's death, but I'mma be right pissed off if they kill her of screen. She should have died in TLJ instead of her Superman spacewalk.[/LIST]

Would have been so much better if Leia rammed Snokes ship. What a missed opportunity.

Chiefspants 08-31-2018 10:21 AM

Rumor has it that Leia made a huge speech in TFA that ended up being cut, and JJ is pushing really hard to re-use it in Ep. 9.

Tribal Warfare 08-31-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13701163)
Would have been so much better if Leia rammed Snokes ship. What a missed opportunity.

Or her being a Jedi ****ing up shit and facing her son with blind unconditional love that there's good in Ben.

Discuss Thrower 08-31-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13701725)
Or her being a Jedi ****ing up shit and facing her son with blind unconditional love that there's good in Ben.

Now that would have generated some creativity by necessity right there: Carrie Fisher as Leia deflecting lightsaber blows with just hand waving as if it were the 'light' side's version of force lightning.

It would just be too jarring to see them make Leia do Dooku-esque sword fighting. Why not show that there's force abilities that trump even the singular most recognizable object of a force wielder?

Chiefspants 08-31-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13701796)

It would just be too jarring to see them make Leia do Dooku-esque sword fighting. Why not show that there's force abilities that trump even the singular most recognizable object of a force wielder?

People would have absolutely hated this.

Proof: The reaction to space force Leia.

Hammock Parties 09-05-2018 08:42 PM

Billy Dee is going to look good on camera.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dl53tJZU0AA8BQq.jpg:large

Rausch 09-11-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13701930)
People would have absolutely hated this.

Proof: The reaction to space force Leia.

Is it true JJ is talking about time travel to ret-con?...ROFL

Chiefspants 09-11-2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13725708)
Is it true JJ is talking about time travel to ret-con?...ROFL

Star Wars just introduced it in an animated series. Haven't seen it but there's precedence that he likes that plot point.

bowener 09-12-2018 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13725915)
Star Wars just introduced it in an animated series. Haven't seen it but there's precedence that he likes that plot point.

Are you talking about the episode "A world between worlds" where Ezra steps into an etheral plane outside of time? It is kind of universe breaking and I relaly hope they don't go this route.

Hammock Parties 10-18-2018 12:13 PM

yayy

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10...WogAgqHHbk9wOY

MARK HAMILL RECONFIRMS HE WILL APPEAR IN STAR WARS: EPISODE 9

https://c-7npsfqifvt34x24pztufsx2ejh...a=1&i10c.dv=14

BigRichard 10-18-2018 12:16 PM

I don't care if he is in it. I will not pay money to see this movie.

Hammock Parties 10-18-2018 12:17 PM

you're excited

you RUSHED to this thread to see what the STAR WARS: EPISODE 9 news was.

You were super excited to find out what AWESOME SHIT could be going down in STAR WARS: EPISODE 9.

STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9

BigCatDaddy 10-18-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13826195)
you're excited

you RUSHED to this thread to see what the STAR WARS: EPISODE 9 news was.

You were super excited to find out what AWESOME SHIT could be going down in STAR WARS: EPISODE 9.

STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9STAR WARS: EPISODE 9

It was not the news I was looking for.

BigRichard 10-19-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 13826229)
It was not the news I was looking for.

Exactly... these are not the droids you are looking for.

BigRichard 10-19-2018 02:17 PM

When this one shits the bed too they can blame the lack of sales on Russian bots as well.

Bowser 10-19-2018 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13826188)

I really, really want to agree with you. But....

The Last Jedi has annoyed me more and more as time has gone on, but even that said I know I can't not see IX within the first week of it coming out. I mean shit, I'm 40 years invested into this thing now. I might as well see it through to the end, even if I do find myself practically begging for Lucas himself to show up with Ewoks and Gungans in tow to save the end and epilogue of this epic story.

Frazod 10-19-2018 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13828957)
I really, really want to agree with you. But....

The Last Jedi has annoyed me more and more as time has gone on, but even that said I know I can't not see IX within the first week of it coming out. I mean shit, I'm 40 years invested into this thing now. I might as well see it through to the end, even if I do find myself practically begging for Lucas himself to show up with Ewoks and Gungans in tow to save the end and epilogue of this epic story.

I’m 53. I saw the original in the theater when I was 11.

And I’m done with it. **** these people.

BigCatDaddy 10-29-2018 12:16 PM

Boba Fett is dead. Another casualty of Episode 8.

Hammock Parties 10-29-2018 12:18 PM

I bet you anything the Mandalorian is Boba Fett.

False flag.

bowener 10-31-2018 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13853466)

False flag.

When in the timeline is this film taking place?

Also, I miss Dane.

Bowser 10-31-2018 08:52 AM

Are any of you watching Star Wars: Resistance?

Hammock Parties 11-15-2018 12:06 AM

magical

Quote:

"I gotta watch myself because the Star Wars PD is going to come get me, but it is incredible," Lourd, who plays Lieutenant Connix in the latest Star Wars trilogy, tells ET. "I've read the script and I've been on set. I was on set for, like, three weeks back in September, and it is going to be magical."

"I can't say much more, but I'm so excited about it and so grateful to be a part of it," she adds. "Star Wars is my heart. I love it."

bowener 11-15-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13892762)
magical

Maybe he literally means magical, and they are going to use magic to undo what was done in the previous film. It was Rey's vision. She never left the cave on the island...

The first line of the film will be, "who the **** is Rose?"

BigRichard 11-15-2018 10:53 AM

no1curr

DJ's left nut 11-15-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

False flag.

See that might be something fun and interesting.

That doesn't happen in Star Wars anymore. Now they just want to shit on the past and preach.

So no - anything you want to see happen won't. And when it doesn't, you'll still come to this thread and squeal about how great yet another Disney Led POS installment to this franchise was.

Discuss Thrower 11-15-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 13893138)
Maybe he literally means magical, and they are going to use magic to undo what was done in the previous film. It was Rey's vision. She never left the cave on the island...

The first line of the film will be, "who the **** is Rose?"

She.

Lourd is Carrie Fisher's daughter.

Hammock Parties 01-10-2019 04:41 PM

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019...ix-rumors.html

ThrowAnother9’ also discussed multiple impressions from the set of the film, which is apparently the first time he’s ever been on a Star Wars set.

He refused to spoil anything, given that jobs would be on the line if he did, but he was willing to share that two co-workers that are longtime fans of the franchise and Legends material – one of whom enjoyed The Last Jedi, and one who decidedly did not – were both immensely satisfied with the footage that was coming together. As in, “tears of joy” satisfied.

That’s some high praise. He also noted that this praise didn’t mean that fans would like absolutely everything in the film, but it certainly seems like Lucasfilm is happy with the film.

Outside of internal reactions, ThrowAnother9 explained that the scale of the film is incredibly large, even by Star Wars standards, and fans will be surprised. Filming is currently focused on the third act of the film, which only makes sense with how J. J. Abrams prefers to film his movies in sequence as much as possible.

A lot is being filmed in a short period of time, which makes the technical accomplishments on the film all the more impressive. There’s also an abundance of behind-the-scenes content being produced simultaneously during the production, so it’s possible that we could see documentaries as extensive as Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey and The Director and the Jedi hit the Blu-Ray. One last thing he stated is that the Millennium Falcon is back, but that goes without saying.

Beef Supreme 01-10-2019 04:49 PM

Tears in his eyes, I guess.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/AwmTjIqf3Ek/hqdefault.jpg

RINGLEADER 01-10-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14023347)
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019...ix-rumors.html

ThrowAnother9’ also discussed multiple impressions from the set of the film, which is apparently the first time he’s ever been on a Star Wars set.

He refused to spoil anything, given that jobs would be on the line if he did, but he was willing to share that two co-workers that are longtime fans of the franchise and Legends material – one of whom enjoyed The Last Jedi, and one who decidedly did not – were both immensely satisfied with the footage that was coming together. As in, “tears of joy” satisfied.

That’s some high praise. He also noted that this praise didn’t mean that fans would like absolutely everything in the film, but it certainly seems like Lucasfilm is happy with the film.

Outside of internal reactions, ThrowAnother9 explained that the scale of the film is incredibly large, even by Star Wars standards, and fans will be surprised. Filming is currently focused on the third act of the film, which only makes sense with how J. J. Abrams prefers to film his movies in sequence as much as possible.

A lot is being filmed in a short period of time, which makes the technical accomplishments on the film all the more impressive. There’s also an abundance of behind-the-scenes content being produced simultaneously during the production, so it’s possible that we could see documentaries as extensive as Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey and The Director and the Jedi hit the Blu-Ray. One last thing he stated is that the Millennium Falcon is back, but that goes without saying.

This kind of thing leaks out of every Star Wars film.

They said it about the prequels.

They said it about the sequels.

They even said TLJ was the best film since Empire and it was mostly a flaming piece of crap for a lot of Star Wars fans.

All that said...

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1nvkwg1GCL.jpg

Bowser 01-11-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13859077)

I've tried watching three episodes so far and haven't finished a single one. Without going into much detail, don't watch this. It is literally unwatchable.

Bowser 01-11-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14024466)
I've tried watching three episodes so far and haven't finished a single one. Without going into much detail, don't watch this. It is literally unwatchable.

*To be fair I guess, this IS a young children's show. At least that what it feels like from the little bit I've watched. Nothing like Clone Wars or Rebels. The animation of space battles is top notch, but the people animation is some kind of morphed Fern Gully look. It's....strange.

Setsuna 01-12-2019 12:39 AM

This movie is DoA ROFL ROFL ROFL

Bowser 01-12-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 14026007)
This movie is DoA ROFL ROFL ROFL

I really want to disagree with you, but I'm having a hard time getting there. JJ is going to have to stand up tall if he's going to pull a miracle out of his ass and right the ship after TLJ. And if he can't, well, I guess we can all wait 10-15 years for someone to come in and "re-do" VII, VIII, and IX?

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-12-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13859077)

I am, but I'm losing patience. We're 11 episodes in, and still don't know dick about the first order. I expect better from Dave and his crew.

As to Epi 9, I'm out. This will be the first time in 42 years that I will NOT be attending the cinema to watch the latest SW movie.
Disney and KK have successfully driven me away.

Frazod 01-12-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14026926)
I am, but I'm losing patience. We're 11 episodes in, and still don't know dick about the first order. I expect better from Dave and his crew.

As to Epi 9, I'm out. This will be the first time in 42 years that I will NOT be attending the cinema to watch the latest SW movie.

Haven't bothered with the animated series - frankly knew nothing about it before I saw a few mentions of it here. Sounds like I haven't missed much.

And I'm right there with you regarding IX. I'd love to see another Solo movie. But they've destroyed the main story line.

Bowser 01-12-2019 01:23 PM

The Last Jedi just positively ****ed the Skywalker Saga right into the ground. I can deal with the carbon copy that was The Force Awakens, but like I said, JJ better just crush it to redeem Disney in IX. Downside is that if he does, KK probably stays as long as she wants.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-12-2019 02:04 PM

After having time to look at and process everything, I just came to realize that the new characters would never be developed in to anything meaningful, the writing was dumb as ****, and the creative well has run dry.

It's just a shame.

BigCatDaddy 01-12-2019 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14026926)

I thought you were a fan of 8?

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-12-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 14027285)
I thought you were a fan of 8?

I was initially, but again, after having time to process the entirety of the two movies and understanding how Disney has completely abandoned the crucial, simple elements that make SW what it is, I've realized that they have completely mishandled everything and are not worthy of consideration.

BigCatDaddy 01-12-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14027357)
I was initially, but again, after having time to process the entirety of the two movies and understanding how Disney has completely abandoned the crucial, simple elements that make SW what it is, I've realized that they have completely mishandled everything and are not worthy of consideration.

Welcome aboard.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-12-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 14027473)
Welcome aboard.

LMAO Thanks.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 01-12-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13826188)

This is where I'm at. Unless it gets glowing reviews, all around, I'm out. I'm treating the new movies the same way I treat Brian Herbert's Dune 7 and 8. They don't exist. Total trash

Sorry 01-12-2019 07:07 PM

I don’t think there’s anything they can do to make this an interesting story arc. They need to end the skywalker story and either end the series(they won’t) or change owner ahip

InChiefsHeaven 01-12-2019 09:05 PM

I'll watch this thing just to finish this trilogy. After that, I'm officially done with Star Wars...a film series that had it's last good episode in 1983. **** the prequels, and **** all the shit since. TLJ tore it for me.

Rausch 01-12-2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 14031565)
I'll watch this thing just to finish this trilogy.

WAMENS!

CURRENT POLITICS!

ANGRY!

WAMENS!

THE FORCE IS FEMALE!

CURRENT POLITICS!

WAMENS!~

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-13-2019 04:38 AM

And Kasdan needs to be executed for even allowing this horse shit to flourish under his watch. He had every opportunity to shape and move this thing in a direction that could be meaningful, and chose instead to let morons have the final say on things.

Inexcusable.

RINGLEADER 01-13-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14027357)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

RINGLEADER 01-13-2019 03:26 PM

Keenan Allen again is weak in the big games.

Dude talks like he is Antonio Brown but only performs against crap teams outside of one game against the Chiefs.

RINGLEADER 01-13-2019 03:28 PM

Star Wars will not survive another Kathleen Kennedy clusterf***

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-13-2019 03:40 PM

Nothing can be done. JJ has already proven that he sucks at this, Kasdan might as well have not even been involved, and the three top original characters are now dead, with the exception of CGI Leia.

No one gives a **** about Mary Sue because that character was written and handled so shittily, Poe and Finn have ZERO substance and development as characters, Rose just needs to ****ing die, Kylo Ren can't figure out what the **** HE is, and all that leaves is Chewbacca and droids who don't really "talk" and that's probably to their benefit this time around.

**** Disney.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-13-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 13627668)
Had to be hard on him. If anyone had the pulse of the Star Wars franchise.fan base it was Mark. Probabaly crushed him as much as it did everyone else.

That look of pure horror on his face at the premier when he's standing next to Johnson after watching that piece of shit tells me all I need to know regarding Hamill's "feelings" about TLJ.

I want you to imagine someone walking up to ESB Lando and asking him if he's "****ed any good droids lately"(?)

Seriously; are these people at Disney ****ing reeruned?

Sorry 01-14-2019 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14034902)
Nothing can be done. JJ has already proven that he sucks at this, Kasdan might as well have not even been involved, and the three top original characters are now dead, with the exception of CGI Leia.

No one gives a **** about Mary Sue because that character was written and handled so shittily, Poe and Finn have ZERO substance and development as characters, Rose just needs to ****ing die, Kylo Ren can't figure out what the **** HE is, and all that leaves is Chewbacca and droids who don't really "talk" and that's probably to their benefit this time around.

**** Disney.

Seriously.. there has been zero character development two movies on.. who gives a ****? Kill all of them.

listopencil 01-15-2019 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 14039347)
Seriously.. there has been zero character development two movies on.. who gives a ****? Kill all of them.

Hey, look, here's another aspect of the new movies that sucks. I hadn't really thought about it. But you're right. In the old trilogy the main characters (mostly) either grew as the show went on or were iconic and just revealed more and more depth to the audience. In the new movies they just flop around like fish on a pier until the credits roll.

notorious 01-15-2019 04:34 AM

There was a lot of character development.

Poe learned to blindly follow his female superiors, even when they do stuff that makes no sense. (And still doesn’t)

Rae has become more powerful than a Sith Lord over a few days span.

Finn learned about what’s truly important: Love.

Princess Mary Poppins ....errr....I guess she didn’t learn or grow for shit

Grand Leader Snoke died. Probably the best character arc ever written

Admiral Ackbar came full circle and fulfilled his destiny of becoming frozen fish.

Luke has always been an unenthusiastic loser that always saw the worst in people until Rae opened his eyes. Wait, what?

Yeah, this was a bad Star Wars movie. No direction and baffling story lines.

CoMoChief 01-15-2019 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14039863)
There was a lot of character development.

Poe learned to blindly follow his female superiors, even when they do stuff that makes no sense. (And still doesn’t)

Rae has become more powerful than a Sith Lord over a few days span.

Finn learned about what’s truly important: Love.

Princess Mary Poppins ....errr....I guess she didn’t learn or grow for shit

Grand Leader Snoke died. Probably the best character arc ever written

Admiral Ackbar came full circle and fulfilled his destiny of becoming frozen fish.

Luke has always been an unenthusiastic loser that always saw the worst in people until Rae opened his eyes. Wait, what?

Yeah, this was a bad Star Wars movie. No direction and baffling story lines.

ROFLROFLROFL

Man did Disney ever **** up Star Wars.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-15-2019 06:50 AM

If I were tapped to finish this trilogy, my Epi 9 would go something like this:

The little bastard kids from the space-kangaroo/horse stables at the end of TLJ steal a good sized space yacht from Lando on Canto Bight. Since the force is so ****ed up in these movies, we'll go ahead and say that the boy with the broom has become powerful enough to track force users through space( see how this works? I can be a reerun too! ).

They travel to a space battle where every single member of the Resistance and the entire First Order are engaged in combat, and things are looking grim for the Resistance.

The spirit of Luke Skywalker, who cares nothing for anyone now that he's dead, uses the force to line the kids' stolen Lando-Yacht up like a killer ace pool-shot, engages the hyperdrive, and everyone dies.

THE END!

MarkDavis'Haircut 01-15-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14039917)

The little bastard kids from the space-kangaroo/horse stables at the end of TLJ steal a good sized space yacht from Lando on Canto Bight. Since the force is so ****ed up in these movies, we'll go ahead and say that the boy with the broom has become powerful enough to track force users through space( see how this works? I can be a reerun too! ).

They travel to a space battle where every single member of the Resistance and the entire First Order are engaged in combat, and things are looking grim for the Resistance.

The spirit of Luke Skywalker, who cares nothing for anyone now that he's dead, uses the force to line the kids' stolen Lando-Yacht up like a killer ace pool-shot, engages the hyperdrive, and everyone dies.

THE END!

Works for me.

bowener 01-15-2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14039917)

THE END!

The best way I can think to save this piece of shit trilogy is to have the final episode set about 15 years after whatever the **** we just watched in the previous episode.

It would be lame to do, but it would let the writers have a long distance to get away from it all.

Finn and Rose still together? Nope. Rose died fighting somewhere we don't care about.

Finn is still a ****tard character that is given stupid as comedic spots that aren't needed? No. Now he has personally murdered a shit load of people and "seen some shit, man." He is emotionally ****ed, deeply troubled, and out for blood like a true terrorist. Maybe he has started to lean into a Saw Gerrera mentality. He can lead, and people follow like devoted disciples.

Poe is a hothead with an ego and a terrible stand-in for the classic Han role? Now he's older wiser, and maybe has some kind of noticeable battle scar to set his new action figures apart from the previous ones.

The legend and mythos of Rey/Ren is nothing to be impressed by or fear? Now they've got time and battles under their belts. Rey has been training more while Ren has been murdering more.

The resistance was a dozen or fewer aliens and mobile trashcans? Nope. Now it's grown in number and ability.

This is effectively hitting the reset button. I cannot think of any other way to save this dumpster fire. And like I said, this would be lame, but it would be better.

edit: Also have a new rebel character named "Rian" and show Ren melting him in the lava of Mustafar in an attempt to extract information from him during the first act... to really show how far LORD REN has come. Because he needs to be LORD REN by now.

MarkDavis'Haircut 01-15-2019 02:45 PM

As someone previously mentioned here, the biggest problem with Star Wars is that none of the stories are screaming to be told. Episode IV works well enough as a standalone flick. It was a basic hero's journey story with some Eastern trappings.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-15-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 14041220)
The best way I can think to save this piece of shit trilogy is to have the final episode set about 15 years after whatever the **** we just watched in the previous episode.

It would be lame to do, but it would let the writers have a long distance to get away from it all.

Finn and Rose still together? Nope. Rose died fighting somewhere we don't care about.

Finn is still a ****tard character that is given stupid as comedic spots that aren't needed? No. Now he has personally murdered a shit load of people and "seen some shit, man." He is emotionally ****ed, deeply troubled, and out for blood like a true terrorist. Maybe he has started to lean into a Saw Gerrera mentality. He can lead, and people follow like devoted disciples.

Poe is a hothead with an ego and a terrible stand-in for the classic Han role? Now he's older wiser, and maybe has some kind of noticeable battle scar to set his new action figures apart from the previous ones.

The legend and mythos of Rey/Ren is nothing to be impressed by or fear? Now they've got time and battles under their belts. Rey has been training more while Ren has been murdering more.

The resistance was a dozen or fewer aliens and mobile trashcans? Nope. Now it's grown in number and ability.

This is effectively hitting the reset button. I cannot think of any other way to save this dumpster fire. And like I said, this would be lame, but it would be better.

edit: Also have a new rebel character named "Rian" and show Ren melting him in the lava of Mustafar in an attempt to extract information from him during the first act... to really show how far LORD REN has come. Because he needs to be LORD REN by now.

If the usual "scoop nerds" are to be trusted, it's been said that this movie will take place at least 2 to 3 years after TLJ.

So, that might help, but it can't stop the fact that Disney and KK just don't get it. They never have from the beginning and TLJ just drove that point home like Clay banging a single mom with big titties and a full-time babysitter.

DJ's left nut 01-17-2019 09:03 AM

They absolutely need a time jump if for no other reason than to get rid of Leia.

I still won't be seeing this in the theaters. It's unreal how badly TLJ ruined that franchise for me.

InChiefsHeaven 01-17-2019 09:26 AM

To think, I was excited when TFA came out, even though its produced by Disney and is a reboot. I really for some reason thought OK, that first one was to set everything right and leave us with an interesting story arc and some characters that we might actually like and want to see grow...
Then TLJ...fuuuuuuuck....

BigRichard 01-17-2019 09:32 AM

I can't wait to see what the opening box office numbers for this movie are. I am actually kinda giddy to see them fail at this point. Maybe then they will get it but I doubt it. They still think the Russians did it.

Swanman 01-17-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

False flag.

It would be a massive amount of fan service to get people back on board and wouldn't surprise me. I know they said the books pre-Disney are not cannon but they still borrow liberally from them (Thrawn). In the Boba Fett trilogy, he shoots his way out of the sarlacc with his grenade launcher and another bounty hunter finds him.

bowener 01-17-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14041532)
If the usual "scoop nerds" are to be trusted, it's been said that this movie will take place at least 2 to 3 years after TLJ.

So, that might help, but it can't stop the fact that Disney and KK just don't get it. They never have from the beginning and TLJ just drove that point home like Clay banging a single mom with big titties and a full-time babysitter.

Truth. Well, sort of. They got it... they got that it is a cash cow. The newest episodes are generic action films reskinned to look like Star Wars. That's the best way I can look at them. There is no depth or nuance to characters; there is only trademarked sound effects and visual art.

Chiefspants 01-17-2019 11:07 AM

I will always contend that the real problems started with TFA.

How they didn't sit down and chart out the 3 movies with a unified vision is baffling to me. Especially with the success Marvel has seen by playing it that way.

JJ screwed things the moment he was allowed to make A New Hope Awakens.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-17-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14046821)

How they didn't sit down and chart out the 3 movies with a unified vision is baffling to me. Especially with the success Marvel has seen by playing it that way.

This. AND, the initial "idea" to sit down and do a soft reboot was stupid as **** to begin with. SW fans, in general, live and die by quality NEW CONTENT. That is why all of the old EU characters are getting shoe-horned in to the TV cartoons and other places, and why there exists an ENTIRE UNIVERSE MMO game based on the quality writing of ONE NEW CHARACTER.

This shit isn't hard if you stick to two simple concepts:

1) Classic heroes doing classic things.

2) Hire writers who are proven skilled at their craft and want a crack at crafting a NEW story for the movie side of the franchise.

See how easy that was?

DJ's left nut 01-17-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14046821)

I just don't agree. Ep VII was a knock off, sure. But it wasn't actively BAD. It didn't do anything to irreparably damage anything. It meandered and was little more than an origin story for the next wave of characters, but A New Hope was similar in that regard.

The problem is that where IV was followed by an amazing episode V, VII was followed by a shit VIII.

The problem, as you correctly identified, was the lack of a unified vision. That didn't HAVE to happen just because Abrams made a largely reductive re-boot in TFA. There was still a foundation for a great next episode there. But the man, what an absolute piece of shit they made instead.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-17-2019 11:54 AM

No one wanted a reboot.

NO ONE.

And they hid that sad shit for as long as they could. I remember when "Starkiller Base" was revealed; you could hear groans the entire world over.

It's easy to make a short trailer exciting and hype people up. It's much harder to make a real movie. Hell, that "robot girl" movie looks more exciting than anything Disney has dreamed up for SW. ( Yes, that bitch with the big google eyes )

Chiefspants 01-17-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14046938)
I just don't agree. Ep VII was a knock off, sure. But it wasn't actively BAD. It didn't do anything to irreparably damage anything. It meandered and was little more than an origin story for the next wave of characters, but A New Hope was similar in that regard.

The problem is that where IV was followed by an amazing episode V, VII was followed by a shit VIII.

The problem, as you correctly identified, was the lack of a unified vision. That didn't HAVE to happen just because Abrams made a largely reductive re-boot in TFA. There was still a foundation for a great next episode there. But the man, what an absolute piece of shit they made instead.

I do agree that the bolded text is the Cardinal Sin over JJ's ripoff of ANH.

The only thing I'll add to the other point is that JJ's unoriginality put any writer into a box for 8. Everything was set up for 8 to be a reboot of ESB.

Rey (Luke) had found a master Jedi (Yoda)
Who was this mysterious figure leading the primary antagonist? (Emporer-Snoke).
The rebels were now on the run after destroying the StarKiller Death Star.

Poe and Finn were the wildcards, but as it turns out, their characters didn't have designed arcs in 7 (Hell, Poe was supposed to die in the first fifteen minutes of TFA), and their arcs overstuffed the story.

JJ also created very real problems for the next director. JJ fully intended on Luke to be a master of the force on par with Yoda... but if that were true - why would he let Han die and the entire resistance be shattered if Luke were truly a Jedi Master. Putting Luke into his favorite mystery box was a terrible mistake. How in the hell was it not a mandate to have a final scene with Luke, Han and Leia?

I do think that these things could have been solved if all three movies had been charted out - but they weren't, and all JJ seemed to do was soft reboot ANH and set up a reboot for ESB.

Anywho - I'm ranting. The hate many feel for TLJ is what I feel for TFA. Sure, it's a fine movie in a vacuum, but I think it was a terrible set-up when there was no unified vision for this series.