ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football MNF Week 1: PIT @ NYG, TEN @ DEN (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333587)

pugsnotdrugs19 09-14-2020 06:34 AM

MNF Week 1: PIT @ NYG, TEN @ DEN

Monday night doubleheader to cap the week...

Pittsburgh starts at 6:10 CT, Denver at 9:20 CT.

ptlyon 09-14-2020 06:38 AM

Tomorrow might suck after watching Denver get their ass beat so late. But it's like a train wreck, you just gotta watch it.

eDave 09-14-2020 06:38 AM

I pissed on these games earlier but now think they will both be great match up's.

I preferred the no crowd noise approach SNF took and hope MNF follows suit.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-14-2020 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15167112)
I pissed on these games earlier but now think they will both be great match up's.

Denver can have some fans IIRC

pugsnotdrugs19 09-14-2020 06:50 AM

I’ve mentioned it a time or two now, but I just find Tennessee to be real likable. Big part of that is my affinity for Nashville, but I also love their identity, they’re a tough bunch.

Hope they can throttle Denver but that might be asking for a lot for week 1 in those conditions.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-14-2020 06:53 AM

Need Pittsburgh to win by 7+ if I’m gonna make any money this week, but that just seems like a lock to me. They’re gonna kick New York’s teeth in.

Danguardace 09-14-2020 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15167116)
Need Pittsburgh to win by 7+ if I’m gonna make any money this week, but that just seems like a lock to me. They’re gonna kick New York’s teeth in.

All the Attention been on Cam and Brady but interested to see how Big Ben looks feels like forever since he played

htismaqe 09-14-2020 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15167114)
I’ve mentioned it a time or two now, but I just find Tennessee to be real likable. Big part of that is my affinity for Nashville, but I also love their identity, they’re a tough bunch.

Hope they can throttle Denver but that might be asking for a lot for week 1 in those conditions.

Tennessee reminds me of 1996. With them, I alternate between anger and nausea.

As for the conditions, they're built for this. They're going to pound Denver relentlessly.

RunKC 09-14-2020 07:37 AM

Titans seem like a regression candidate more-so than anyone else except SF but I hope they rape Denver.

They’ve had some distractions recently though. Vic Beasley not playing and their 1st rd OT got a DUI this week. Yikes

htismaqe 09-14-2020 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15167145)
Titans seem like a regression candidate more-so than anyone else except SF but I hope they rape Denver.

They’ve had some distractions recently though. Vic Beasley not playing and their 1st rd OT got a DUI this week. Yikes

Yeah, it will be pretty hard for Tannehill to be Cinderella two years in a row.

That being said, they don't really need him to be tonight. If they can get Henry going, they're going to roll.

OKchiefs 09-14-2020 07:40 AM

How the F did shit teams like NYG and DEN land week 1 Monday night games? There were better matchups from yesterday to throw into primetime.

htismaqe 09-14-2020 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 15167148)
How the F did shit teams like NYG and DEN land week 1 Monday night games? There were better matchups from yesterday to throw into primetime.

Well Denver certainly got their game because of the time zone. The only real better game for that slot would have been SF/AZ but that was actually too good of a matchup to put in that late time slot.

As for the Giants, they're playing the Steelers.

bdlangton 09-14-2020 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15167113)
Denver can have some fans IIRC

Denver is allowing fans starting with their 2nd home game.

cmh6476 09-14-2020 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15167112)

huh? Was your volume down? Because I was listening to crowd noise watching the game last night. Or I was just really high, which would be odd because I wasn't smoking nothing.

Also, Donks win which means the best conference in the league starts the year 4-0.

Mile High Mania 09-14-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdlangton (Post 15167176)
Denver is allowing fans starting with their 2nd home game.

Yeah, I haven't read anything recently about crowds, but believe game 1 is no crowds.

Denver will miss two key pieces tonight with Von and Courtland out, but that happens, so they'll have to step up. If they can contain Henry, they can win. If Henry sets the pace early, then it's going to be hard for Denver to keep up with Sutton out.

Denver has a lot of weapons, so it will be interesting to see how the young guys step up and how they plan to attack with that young WR group.

I think we're looking at a 4-8 point victory either way, but will project Denver winning it with a late drive, something like 26-20. Solid K starters for fantasy this week. :thumb: