ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Another Bob Dole NFBT Rant (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=30180)

Logical 04-09-2002 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by philfree
No I wouldn't fence the flowers but maybe I could give them to my wife to suck up for not removing the leaves.

PhilFree
~pays $20.00 a pop to have his yard mowed and weed wacked~

Logical feels better about his $100 a month to have the gardner mow once a week, prune the bushes and do general maintenance on all the flowers and shrubs. Logical has a black thumb and hates lawn work.

tommykat 04-09-2002 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Robert_Dole
Bob Dole hasn't seen any good mower+weedeater combo meals for $100 lately.

And while the lawn isn't neatly trimmed at present, it's a long way from hideous. Bob Dole is just trying to let it go to seed to enhance its lushness. Yeah...that's it.

(Space Lord mother mother...)

I didn't say combo dummy......$100 a piece.......;)

chief husker 04-09-2002 06:54 PM

Dear Bob - I would do as I have done with all my neighbors who cross me; I egg their house repeatedly. No, I'm serious. Ever washed egg off your house? Ever washed it off with a neighbor staring at you? Knowing said neighbor egged your house? Try it. It will also make you feel better.:evil:

old_geezer 04-09-2002 06:55 PM

What it sounds like to me is that the man who showed up on your doorstep missed a golden opportunity to demonstrate to you true Christian compassion.

When you explained to him that you had no yard tools (no matter what tone you used) and invited him to send someone from the church over to fix the problem, he should have cheerfully agreed to do so.

His reaction gave you a poor opinion of the church and Christians in general. I'm sorry for you and others that there are so many of us who fail too often (and I include myself as one who fails far too often.)

JOhn 04-09-2002 07:00 PM

I really feel for all your lawn troubles..... :D
But now that I'm in the land of little rain...

Don't water = Don't mow :p

old_geezer 04-09-2002 07:00 PM

Tom and Mark

It seems we think alike on this. :)

PunkinDrublic 04-09-2002 07:02 PM

I'll bet it was a Ned Flanders type. "Hi diddely ho neighbor could you please cut your yard."

Bob Dole 04-09-2002 07:02 PM

Before Bob Dole signs off for the evening and leaves the wrong impresion, Bob Dole would like to clarify something.

This evenings visitor's behavior was a reflection of <b>his</b> behavior and not a reflection of all Christians. Bob Dole makes the assumption that this "spokesman" for his local church <i>considers</i> himslef a Christian man, and Bob Dole simply finds it a little tough to swallow that <b>he</b> (the Christain man) would behave in this way.

Bob Dole has a lot of friends who are religious, and quite a few that consider themselves Christian, and Bob Dole values those friendships. Please do not take this thread as an indictment upon all believers. The only reason religion was mentioned was to illustrate that it wasn't the owner of Steve's Tatoo Shop who rang the doorbell.

chief husker 04-09-2002 07:05 PM

Religion has got nothing to do with it.

DONT TREAD ON ME!

KC2004 04-09-2002 07:09 PM

If ya wanna be a pain in the ass Bob here's what ya do. You go out and borrow a push mower. Now take it home and carefully mow a pentagram in the tail grass in the front yard. See if they appreciate your effort????

Mosbonian 04-09-2002 07:18 PM

Bob Dole....

What concerns me is that too many people get the wrong impression of Christians from small incidents like these....

Now, if it had been me, and upon hearing that your lawn equipment had been pilfered, I would have certainly volunteered my services....

Afterwards, I would admit that I might say something like this.....

"Mr. Dole, if you don't mind, I would like to bring my mens group over and do your yard work for you next time as one of our projects, until such a time as you are able to purchase some equipment.....

I must admit that many times the gentleman who runs "Steve's Tatoo Shop" knows a bit more about Christian duty, than those who profess to be Christians...

mark

Mosbonian 04-09-2002 07:21 PM

Old Geezer...

I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that great minds think alike....;)

mark

Rain Man 04-09-2002 07:30 PM

I'm not a religious guy at all, and generally have little patience with discussions of religions, but I have to ask: why should being religious require one to be a sucker? Why can't a person go to a neighbor and say, "Hey, fella, you mind taking care of your property a little better so we're not all embarrassed to be living near you?" without being encumbered to take care of the neighbor's lawn themselves? That's taking expectations of religious charity a bit too far, in my opinion.

Of course, if any of you religious folk disagree, you're welcome to remodel my basement for me. It's the right thing to do, you know.

KCWolfman 04-09-2002 07:52 PM

Why should someone of a Church receive special dispensation?

Mr Dole handled the situation correctly.

Multi1 04-09-2002 08:04 PM

I can honestly say that I've met the Dole man. He is neither an ass or a saint. I consider him a friend. I agree that he handled the situation correctly. The "old Fart" that came to the door is the one that handled the situation poorly.

For the Record: Not one time did I think tha Bob Dole was slamming those that profess to be Christians rather the people in the world that always identify the problem without having some plan of action to make it better.